Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #505
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I absolutely could not agree with you more. I have a 23 year old cousin who graduated from college 2 years ago and has yet to try to find a job. Spends a ton of time at Disneyland though. Laziest kid I ever knew.
No job but can afford to go to Disneyland???
Old 03-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #506
Hockeypucks

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Not gonna happen. I think low 60's will get you one with a manual and no PDR.
Manual and no pdr works for me
Hockeypucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #507
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I highly doubt you'll see as many ZL1 front end conversions as we did with the 5th gen. It will be a lot more expensive with the fenders being wider too.
I hope that is so! I'm just not a fan of the whole conversion.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:25 AM   #508
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I hope that is so! I'm just not a fan of the whole conversion.
Yeah, but that hood should add a good 30HP.

Throw on a ZL1 badge and add another 10HP.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #509
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
No job but can afford to go to Disneyland???
Yeah his parents fund his - er I mean provide for him

23, no job, lives at home, no responsibilities, and spends lots of time at Disneyland. No interest in cars, doesn't do basic home chores, couldn't even use a lawn mower. But he's been all over the world and went to Europe on his own with some friends for 3 weeks and lived like a nomad with only a backpack going from hostel to hostel.

Welcome to the millennial generation.

All apologies for this thread going off topic..... back to the ZL1 discussion.....

I want the seats and seat belts in my SS! I need to look into the price of those seats and belts!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #510
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Yeah his parents fund his - er I mean provide for him

23, no job, lives at home, no responsibilities, and spends lots of time at Disneyland. No interest in cars, doesn't do basic home chores, couldn't even use a lawn mower. But he's been all over the world and went to Europe on his own with some friends for 3 weeks and lived like a nomad with only a backpack going from hostel to hostel.

Welcome to the millennial generation.

All apologies for this thread going off topic..... back to the ZL1 discussion.....

I want the seats and seat belts in my SS! I need to look into the price of those seats and belts!
I kinda like the CTS-V recaros better, at least looks wise.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #511
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juttman88 View Post
Have a friend who works at Chevy and he told me the ZL1 is gonna be 89k. Really wanted one but if thats the case I'll probably just stick with the SS haha.
Your friend, with all due respect, has no idea what he's talking about. Depending on how seriously he said this: I'd question his integrity if I were you.

Quote:

The last page or so of the thread has been cleaned up to keep discussion on topic.

I apologize for any inconvenience to those involved...
Old 03-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #512
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juttman88 View Post
Have a friend who works at Chevy and he told me the ZL1 is gonna be 89k. Really wanted one but if thats the case I'll probably just stick with the SS haha.

89,000 for a ZL1? LOL.... That's a 3LZ interior C7 Z06... It would also be a 33k price jump from Gen5 to Gen6.

Not going to happen.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #513
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
89,000 for a ZL1? LOL.... That's a 3LZ interior C7 Z06... It would also be a 33k price jump from Gen5 to Gen6.

Not going to happen.
Agree but I do not think it will be $89k - that is the starting price for the CTS-V. I do think it will be over $65k then well north of that depending on options.

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:49 AM   #514
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post

Not going to happen.
yeah, I gotta wonder what his friend does for Chevy? Works at a dealer?

Also, as someone so eloquently pointed out, those who are saying don't know, those who know aren't saying.

This is true, it's also true we can take some fairly good guesses based on a number of factors:

Last ZL1
Current competitors
other Chevy models

I'm hoping base 61K, that leaves some room to check a few boxes.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #515
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Agree but I do not think it will be $89k - that is the starting price for the CTS-V. I do think it will be over $65k then well north of that depending on options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
yeah, I gotta wonder what his friend does for Chevy? Works at a dealer?

Also, as someone so eloquently pointed out, those who are saying don't know, those who know aren't saying.

This is true, it's also true we can take some fairly good guesses based on a number of factors:

Last ZL1
Current competitors
other Chevy models

I'm hoping base 61K, that leaves some room to check a few boxes.

Yeah.. I'm in on the low to mid 60 based on outgoing price, upgrades, the trickle of formal price comments from actual employees, etc.. But, yeah, we're all in a holding pattern until the actual numbers are released.

Those truly in the know, know better than to say.. GM is pretty anal about that (with good reason).
Old 03-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #516

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Whatever the price turns out to be, it will be too much for the usual snivelers who think even the SS is over-priced.

If you have no intention of buying a 6thGen, or can't even afford the SS, please don't bore us again griping about the ZL-1 price.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #517
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Whatever the price turns out to be, it will be too much for the usual snivelers who think even the SS is over-priced.

If you have no intention of buying a 6thGen, or can't even afford the SS, please don't bore us again griping about the ZL-1 price.
Maybe I'm the oddball, but I think the 2SS as I have it configured is worth every penny I'm paying for it. There's a lot of various details and upgrades in the car, even in the tech systems that make it so much more car for me than my '12 GS.

Even the overall manner that the car behaves is nice. Yes, it has some visibility issues, but those are easily handled by setting your mirrors up correctly and taking the time to learn your car's body lines and dimensions.

It's easy to focus in on the big stuff like engine, trans, driveline and looks, but there's a lot more overall completeness and finesse on the the Gen6 in pretty much every category.

I know not everyone can dump 48-50K on a loaded out one, but, for what you're getting from top/bottom and inside/out, I think it's well priced in market for where it's sitting.

Last edited by HumanWiki; 03-21-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #518
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

The only thing I will say to that is, prior to the reintroduction of the Camaro with the 5th gen, all Camaros 2002 and prior were within the budget of most blue collar workers and nowhere near high end cars. Today a loaded Camaro SS encroaches on those premium luxury marques.

GM has moved the Camaro upscale. Nothing wrong with that, and I actually think it's great, but the trade off is that people who would have previously been able to buy one may not now.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote