Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #1
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Potential Transmission Issue

I had a check engine light pop up under acceleration and the car was running super rough when I pulled over. Turned car off and back on and it was running fine, check engine light went away. However now when shifting it's horrible and down shifting is even worse. It drops rpm when by a few hundred rpm and then shifts, and when it does shift it's super rough and jerky. The car almost sounds like it has a different exhuast note. I have been noticing the last few days that when I'm decelerating there is a slight vibration almost like the shudder I had, this is an A8
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
Korosion

Let car sit for a bit and it's back to normal as if nothing happened. This is the second time in 2 weeks this has happened. Could it be a sensor or something like that?
Old 02-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’d try to see what code it is throwing. Also, is the trans temp normal when it’s rough and jerky?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
Korosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I’d try to see what code it is throwing. Also, is the trans temp normal when it’s rough and jerky?
Dropped it off at dealership today and they are saying its not showing any codes... Myself and the dealership have no idea what the problem could be.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
Dropped it off at dealership today and they are saying its not showing any codes... Myself and the dealership have no idea what the problem could be.
Well they better find the problem while your car is under warranty. Leave it with them and get a loaner. Tell them this is a new car and your not going to drive it and cause other issues until its fixed.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
Korosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Beast View Post
Well they better find the problem while your car is under warranty. Leave it with them and get a loaner. Tell them this is a new car and your not going to drive it and cause other issues until its fixed.
well, unfortunately, there is nothing they can do because it's not a problem that can be replicated at the snap of your fingers. The problem is not serious which is why it's not keeping logs of the codes, it is wiping its memory of the code after a few on-off cycles. I personally believe its a sensor or throttle body problem that's throwing the whole system into haywire. I have a code reader coming in tomorrow so whenever it does throw the check engine light I can plugin right away and read the code before it wipes it.