Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Jaymartin

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper blue
Zl1 OEM bumper/hood on SS

Hello,

I’ve been browsing the web and cannot seem to find all of the necessary info so I decided to post.

I am buying an SS but am also wanting to emulate the Zl1 front end. It is my understanding that there are companies that sell zl1 “style” front ends but I am wanting to know this...

What exactly would I need to buy to install the real oem zl1 front bumper and hood and where would I buy?

Thanks !
Jaymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymartin View Post
Hello,

I’ve been browsing the web and cannot seem to find all of the necessary info so I decided to post.

I am buying an SS but am also wanting to emulate the Zl1 front end. It is my understanding that there are companies that sell zl1 “style” front ends but I am wanting to know this...

What exactly would I need to buy to install the real zl1 front bumper and hood end and where would I buy?

Thanks !
You'd need new front fenders, the hood, and the bumper for everything to match up correctly.

Camaropartsguy.com should have everything you need. It is not worth it though imho.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
Jaymartin

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
You'd need new front fenders, the hood, and the bumper for everything to match up correctly.

Camaropartsguy.com should have everything you need. It is not worth it though imho.
Why would you say it isn’t worth it?

And nothing will be off with wheel alignment or anything right? With just those parts I will have all I need?
Jaymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #4
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:

And nothing will be off with wheel alignment or anything right? With just those parts I will have all I need?
well if your doing the wheels too, you'll be fine, but on stock wheels, they are gonna sit inside the fender a little too much, spacers or correct offset
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:

Yea it shouldn't effect anything else, your front rockers wont line up perfectly but you may be able to modify them to line up.

I say its not worth it for a few reasons. Biggest one being that imo it is very poor taste to try to pass off an SS for a ZL1.

Second, it's gonna cost alot of $$$. For a bit more money you would probably be able to just get the real deal ZL1.

Third, you will likely void any warranties to any parts even remotely attached or mounted to the fenders/bumper/hood. I know this because when I put in my GM Dark Tailights, even though they were genuine GM, the Chevy dealership refused warranty work on my rear bumper.

But hey it's your car, do with it what you please.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post

Due to the wider ZL1 fenders you will need ZL1 rockers. The increased width of the fenders extends all the way down the fender to the rockers. There are a few threads that show the increased width of the rocker where guys have purchased OEM ZL1 rockers and installed them on their SS.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #7
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
We had a guy at 1320racing.com's street car event in Bradenton with a stock 5.7 Hemi Challenger with Demon emblems on it. He was laughed at. There was a real Demon there as well, so that was great. To each his own, but I purposely would rather make my SS look like a V6 or turbo 4 car and surprise people than to make it look like a car that is actually much faster than mine. In the end, I am never about external mods and looks and believe that the SS is pretty fantastic to look at all on its own. I also love the ZL1 looks, but would have to buy one in order to get the looks.

But to answer your original question: I have no idea, sorry.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #8
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
ZL1 fenders are the same as the other trim levels. They just have longer braces behind the wheel to pull them out further. This is why OEM ZL1 side skirts don't line up on the other trims.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #9
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
https://www.americanauthority.com/pr...e-front-bumper

I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Buy a ZL1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #11
sshmaro_50

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE (A10)
PM me. i have oem bumper and fenders for sale. still in their original boxes from GM
sshmaro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #12
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Do it up. The only thing I'd cringe a little over is if it's up-badged. If it retains SS badging, it's all good IMO. Other than that, it's one of the better looking aero kits and it's all OEM. Haters will hate. But until haters decide to start cutting checks to pay for your car, they are nothing but irrelevant white noise.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't forget all the baffling and chutes that go BEHIND the front clip...all that is nearly more important than the front piece...
Old 02-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #14
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Do it up. The only thing I'd cringe a little over is if it's up-badged. If it retains SS badging, it's all good IMO. Other than that, it's one of the better looking aero kits and it's all OEM. Haters will hate. But until haters decide to start cutting checks to pay for your car, they are nothing but irrelevant white noise.
AMEN!!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote