Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-20-2023, 04:22 PM   #43
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Got a 3LT on order myself so I'd also like to see exactly what he's complaining about so i know what to look for when mine comes.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 03:37 PM   #44
CCutaia1

Drives: 2012 Camaro
OK, here are the pic's. The new Bose replacement amplifier is on order, along with the knee pad that was forced on and crimped (pic). The driver seat is wrinkled on the seat back on top (pic) passenger seat bottom is wrinkled (pic)The rear convertible deck lid sits up a 1/4 inch (.250) above the rear fender driver-side rear(pic) The pictures tell the story of the very poor workmanship of GM and the UAW. The seats I have to wait at least two months before GM will look at re-skinning the bad seats. Plus they have to replace the rear deck lid because it is sprung. The deck cover sits flush on the passenger-side front and rear, sits flush on the driver-side front and 1/4 inch above in the back shown in the picture driver-side rear, and it dips down in the center of the trunk. It looks like quality control inspectors took the day off when my wife's car was built.
Attached Images

Last edited by CCutaia1; 09-21-2023 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Pictures
CCutaia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 04:21 PM   #45
CCutaia1

I have 4 new run-flats in my garage, first thing I did was buy 4 new Pirelli Grand Touring AS non-run-flat tires, drives like a different car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Just shy of 7,000 miles on my 2022 1LT since taking delivery on 4/10/22. Sheet metal and interior fits are great. Still no squeaks or rattles despite lots of hard miles on rough canyon and secondary roads. Only big complaint is the awful runflat tires.

Bought my first new car in 1978 and the Camaro is the 22nd (all GM of course). Other than a set noisy rear brakes on a 1998 Cavalier that the dealership couldn't fix there have been few issues. Still waiting for that first lemon.

I did get left by the side of the road one time. It was a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. The ECM had died. The ECM made by Toyota.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:23 PM   #46
CCutaia1

Just got the car back from the dealer, pic's posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
Still no pics?? Hard not to call this thread BS.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:31 PM   #47
JoeTX

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
tell them to take the car back and get another one
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 05:54 PM   #48
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Mine was probably Pre-discovery Covid built so most likely it was one guy and ten girls (because they’re tough as hell) working on my car while everybody else was sick and nobody knew why? either way fit and finish with my OCD is a hundred percent so far other than my dealer installed tinted windows
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:03 PM   #49
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCutaia1 View Post
The rear convertible deck lid sits up a 1/4 inch (.250) above the rear fender driver-side rear(pic)
Why do they think the part is bad - did they already try fit it and it is at max adjustment? Generally these covers can be re-fit.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:21 PM   #50
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Quote:
Just got the car back from the dealer, pic's posted.
I had to go look at my deck lid to make sure I didn't have that problem. The gap at that point on my car is 3/32" (just shy of 1/4") but the two panels are flush (no height difference).

Quote:
I have 4 new run-flats in my garage, first thing I did was buy 4 new Pirelli Grand Touring AS non-run-flat tires, drives like a different car.
I envy your choice to buy new tires... I hate the run-flats. If I could get close to a full-credit for these tires, I would buy new ones, but I can't just toss over a grand worth of tires.
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 10:17 PM   #51
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
OK, here are the pic's. The new Bose replacement amplifier is on order, along with the knee pad that was forced on and crimped (pic). The driver seat is wrinkled on the seat back on top (pic) passenger seat bottom is wrinkled (pic)The rear convertible deck lid sits up a 1/4 inch (.250) above the rear fender driver-side rear(pic) The pictures tell the story of the very poor workmanship of GM and the UAW. The seats I have to wait at least two months before GM will look at re-skinning the bad seats. Plus they have to replace the rear deck lid because it is sprung. The deck cover sits flush on the passenger-side front and rear, sits flush on the driver-side front and 1/4 inch above in the back shown in the picture driver-side rear, and it dips down in the center of the trunk. It looks like quality control inspectors took the day off when my wife's car was built.
I fully agree with you, on this Camaro. GM’s fit and finish could always be better, but you get a ton of performance for the money, so it is dealt with…BUT these issues need to be corrected for you. Don’t stop until they make your car the way you want it, and should have it. Best of luck!
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM   #52
driftking123

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
And that is the problem with unions in general, unfortunately. This is just one of countless examples from many sectors, industrial and service alike that I personally observed (btw my 2018 2SS had small issues, too, but I got them fixed).

Initially, when wages are kept in the gutter and workers exploited to no end, unions tend to form and operate as a force for good... then once conditions normalize, they outlive their usefulness, the tide turns and the union itself becomes the problem it was meant to be an instrument of fighting against. The line is fine and the balance very difficult to maintain.

I'm not some corporate nutjob, I do honestly sympathize with the working man and the need to survive, but this ultimately comes down to morality that has been all but eliminated from the corporate equation, both from management and the rank and file. Some (many) people try to hold the line in their own positions because they have integrity, but the system itself is broken. Also, I will never have any sympathy for demanding a 4-day work week for 5 days of pay, which, if I understood correctly, remains one of the union's demands.

Just getting around to read these replies and you sir, have it 100 PERCENT CORRECT. Unions CAN be good in the right circumstance, but then yes they are BAD.

I believe America has become a selfish, self centered country filled with GREED and the desire for CONTROL. Even when the mobs were big(some say they are still in charge, just not in a violent way anymore). Mobs were greedy and wanted control, companies are greedy and want control. But what are "mobs" or "companies" filled with---PEOPLE.

Then you get the greedy, controlling "crooks"--I mean politicians, involved. It only gets worse most of the time. Unfortunately there is no fix. There are only band aids and they are falling off quicker then we can put them on.
driftking123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:15 PM   #53
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
I agree with all of your complaints… not good. That rear deck issue, I think is an adjustment problem. I had something similar, but not as bad on my 2016. I adjusted it myself, which was a nightmare. Adjustments in place are a two or three man job. Holding the top in place on both sides to loosen and manipulate the adjustment points. Lay down to test fit, lift up to readjust etc. The top has to be deactivated as well, otherwise it will try to close while it’s being worked on.

Good luck… and again, I agree with you on all points.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:32 PM   #54
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
We placed our 1st order for a 23 in Feb of this year, not about to wait another 6 months. Besides I don't expect the UAW all of a sudden to find a quality-minded attitude in the future, if anything it only gets worse.
You do know that there are A LOT of us that haven't had any of these issues with our cars, right?
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:14 PM   #55
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Wow!! I wonder who signed their name on the quality control sign off sheet?
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:46 PM   #56
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
I've always gotten a significant improvement in everything when it comes to replacing the OEM's (I'm a Michelin man), all non-run flats and waiting to get a new set for my car is killing me. But the cost of rehabbing the house we bought last winter is making me have to wait.

There's a special place in Hell reserved for all involved in foisting those pieces of garbage on us.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote