Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Cool My Baby Went to the Spa today..

Hey my Camaro brothers and sisters, just wanted to share with you my my cool experience with you all, I was at my dealer Thursday for my 2nd free oil and filter change and while my advisor was doing my paperwork he aske me if I have ever heard of "Geoff Bodines" Ultimate Sheild and I said no, so he showed me a youtube vid of Geoff and his Ultimate shield and it looked really cool. He then told me that he needs a "model car" for the process of applying this paint sealer and asked me if he could use my car as a model for this product and so the tech from Ultimate Sheild could show the dealers detailing guys how to apply it and the process properly, so I said YES, I then asked how much is it going to cost me,,he then said it usually runs about 299 depending on the size of the vehicle, I asked again,, how much is it going to cost me?? He said since I am such a good customer and I take such great car of my car he would do it for free,,as long as he could use the pics on the dealer website and Geoff's website,I said what?? How much?? He said free so I said OK..All I had to do was show up this morning with a clean car so last night I washed, dried and waxed and detailed my car. I got there this morning, pulled into the service bay, thought my car looked great and shiney, but boy was I in for a suprise!!. The tech got started on the car and applying the sealer with a small sponge, letting it sit for 3 minutes for each section of the car and the hitting it with a buffing wheel, then wiping it with a micro fiber towel and man o man, WHAT a difference in the shine. He said it can be used on every part of the car, black plastic, headlight lenses, tail lights and the rims and even the exhaust tips as it protects up to 1210 degrees heat, when he was done with the entire car I was TOTALLY AMAZED at the shine, looked like the car just came out of the paint dip tank and it was wet. Awesome shine.And the cool thing is this process of sealer is garrenteed for the life of the car. If you want to check it out go to "Geoff Bodines Ultimate Shield" on the web and a youtube vid will pop up, cool stuff. The paint sealer they put on my car is not avaiable for sale except thru a dealer, but if you go to "Geoff Bodines waxing frenzy" you can order any of the waxing and cleaning products he sells. I have seen the product advertised many years ago when the USA won the gold medal in the bobsled competition and Geoff Bodine was involved with his wax products. I will have before and after pics as soon as they are sent to me. I tell you what, I REALLY can't stop looking at my car now, looks like a Chip Foose detailed car.Have fun out ther all and enjoy your Camaros'' I'm loving mine.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
So you never have to wax your car again?
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Pics?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
So you never have to wax your car again?
Maybe once
a year, just have to rinse if off with water, no soap needed to wash it either, water just runs right off, wipe dry what might just lay there.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Pics?
Soon as I get them..
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Oh, I forgot to mention that the paint is so smooth, it feels smoother than a piece of glass an being down here in Fl, I was told the "love bugs" won't even stick to the paint now, just hose them off..I like that..
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
do the plastic baggie test
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool. Can't wait to see pics & any updates as you continue to enjoy it.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
IBM

It sounds awesome!!! I imagine it's a great investment if it's only $299.. Do most dealers have it do you know?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
do the plastic baggie test
What's that?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Sounds good , but , one should never believe on everything you hear , they told that it will outlast your car ??? really , and 1210 degrees , you my even use that [snake oil] on the engine if that's a fact , just saying , too good to be true !!!!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Sounds good , but , one should never believe on everything you hear , they told that it will outlast your car ??? really , and 1210 degrees , you my even use that [snake oil] on the engine if that's a fact , just saying , too good to be true !!!!!
No, they said that the paint SEALENT was garrenteed for the life of the car to protect the paint from any weather, bugs, oxidation even minor scratches as it is so slick that everything just slips right off, no friction.It has teflon in it and pure white carnuba.And it has been tested in the Mojave desert and applied in the sun there without any problems, and the tested to 1210 degrees is when they used it on headers, exhaust tips and other applications where heat was high, like stainlss headers, they applied it to hot headers while the car was running to test it.And it went on fine and came off just fine.Also been tested on different engine part to polish, even resists fingerprints on chrome.So no, not to good to be true. I have seen this product many years ago and it is lagit.Don't knock a good thing until you try it..It was free so we'll see..
Old 11-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
What's that?
Yea, whats that??^^^^^
Old 11-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
It sounds awesome!!! I imagine it's a great investment if it's only $299.. Do most dealers have it do you know?
I don't know, but my Chevy dealer offers it to their customers, the even sell the frenzy wax. I would ask yours..