Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
baaahhhhhh.
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
Like I said, i want people to hear me when i speed by. I want my presence known.
Will the MRT do this for me?
Yes, when your foot is to the floor people will hear you. But can be quite when coasting so you can be stealth like.

Few stories of me and my MRT v2:

1. I'm in college and stayed the night at a friends house over the summer, left at like 3am and there is a hill outside her house. I always like going from 0-50 (speed limit on the street). First time I did it the next day her parents said I woke them up. I kept doing it throughout the summer, woke them up everytime. Didn't do it on purpose but couldn't resist hearing my exhaust.

2. Also I'm in the army so I leave at 5am and I wake my roommate up every day. But he's a car guy too and is used to it. (not in a garage either, open parking lot)

3. People always pull up and say do those always sound that good from the factory. Have to tell them I changed the exhaust.

4. Not really a true story as it is in a garage and that makes anything louder. But when I visit my parents and start my car the glass table in the room directly above it rattles like no other. (side note, car sounds excellent in a parking garage!)

Hope these help, I wouldn't change exhaust even if I got a more expensive set for free.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Well after my first meet I was so glad I got the Ark system. Everyone in our group had either mrt or flow master so it's nice to have something different. And I'm not trying to be a dick but the mrt tips are fugly.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 AM   #18
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Yes, when your foot is to the floor people will hear you. But can be quite when coasting so you can be stealth like.

Few stories of me and my MRT v2:

1. I'm in college and stayed the night at a friends house over the summer, left at like 3am and there is a hill outside her house. I always like going from 0-50 (speed limit on the street). First time I did it the next day her parents said I woke them up. I kept doing it throughout the summer, woke them up everytime. Didn't do it on purpose but couldn't resist hearing my exhaust.

2. Also I'm in the army so I leave at 5am and I wake my roommate up every day. But he's a car guy too and is used to it. (not in a garage either, open parking lot)

3. People always pull up and say do those always sound that good from the factory. Have to tell them I changed the exhaust.

4. Not really a true story as it is in a garage and that makes anything louder. But when I visit my parents and start my car the glass table in the room directly above it rattles like no other. (side note, car sounds excellent in a parking garage!)

Hope these help, I wouldn't change exhaust even if I got a more expensive set for free.
Love it! Thanks for sharing your stories!

Here's my new story:

Loved my MRT Ver 2.0 so much I had MRT fab up a set for the Flex!!! WOOHOO!!!! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #19
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Let's hear it, or it didn't happen!
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #20
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Let's hear it, or it didn't happen!
Ok... since you but it that way! LOL!

One thing... On a Camaro the system is Ver 2.0, but Scott renamed it "Interceptor" for Ford Products! LOL

Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #21
BigRed585Lbs

I lige dat, man.

Berry smoove!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #22
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
I'd say MRT v2, but I have it so I'm a little biased.

As for videos I went off of Scrming's videos but rtcatman has some excellent videos as well.
Thank - you. Posted below.

Quote:
Like I said, i want people to hear me when i speed by. I want my presence known.
Will the MRT do this for me?
They will hear you and you will be known.

Quote:
But see, the drone is the issue... I don't want to sacrifice ride quality for the loudness. I want a good balance between exterior loudness and drone.

MRT 2.0 does just that IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... since you but it that way! LOL!

One thing... On a Camaro the system is Ver 2.0, but Scott renamed it "Interceptor" for Ford Products! LOL

Sounds GREAT. much better than stock for sure.

I installed my own MRT 2.0. Then took it to the people who built it and had them weld it on.

I have had many members on this and other Forums say this is one of the best sounding systems they have heard and by far the best sounding MRT 2.0 system.

Take a listen for yourself. Listen to these thru some headphones or ear buds.

Here is a few videos for you:

This one is from inside my Camaro on the way to the dragstrip.

This one is from inside my Camaro while at the dragstrip. Sorry about the Camera tipping.

This one is one that SCRMNG filmed for me while we were at the dragstrip. the last 30 seconds is me on a single pass.

This last clip is one that danrc28 put together when visiting me to hear a MRT 2.0 system. He went from Toronto to Florida and back stopping along the way picking up sound bytes. The video starts off with outside rev's, then an on ramp full throttle run, then an acceleration run from inside while talking about drone. Tape finishes with me passing the camera on the highway doing 3rd gear runs. Which has not been recorded by anyone else using the MRT (or at least I am not aware of anyone with this type of recording.) (rcat's)

Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #23
BigRed585Lbs

And Saint Alban will show you how to eliminate that drone so you can enjoy the ride all of the time.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #24
armyxrays

Drives: 2011 2LS All Black Camaro
I installed my MRT 2.0 earlier this week. It was pretty easy to install and besides installing my Roto-Fab, I had no prior experience with doing work on cars.

I love the sound. It does let people know you are there, and the drone, at least for me is barely noticeable. I guess if I turned the music completely off I might notice it. What I notice is when I'm accelerating, but when I'm cruising it sounds nice and quiet.

A cold start up in a garage is awesome.

The first time I cranked it up after the installation I was grinning from ear to ear. What a difference!!!
Mods: Blacked out bowties, Roto-Fab CAI, Powder-Coated Rims on P-Zeros, MRT 2.0 Exhaust, Heritage Grille, Rear Spoiler, USB Port with Bluetooth package, Lowered 1inch all around, Window Tint, Matte Black hood spears, rocker panels, gill inserts
armyxrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post
I installed my MRT 2.0 earlier this week. It was pretty easy to install and besides installing my Roto-Fab, I had no prior experience with doing work on cars.

I love the sound. It does let people know you are there, and the drone, at least for me is barely noticeable. I guess if I turned the music completely off I might notice it. What I notice is when I'm accelerating, but when I'm cruising it sounds nice and quiet.

The first time I cranked it up after the installation I was grinning from ear to ear. What a difference!!!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post

Welcome to TEAM MRT...........
Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #27
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
MRT +1

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Love it! Thanks for sharing your stories!
No problem, glad to help if someone is on the edge.

MRT is an awesome exhaust system!