Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
The MRT systems sound great (from what I can hear through my computer) and I was on the fence about going that route but I decided that I didn't want to be part of the flock. I went SLP as opposed to the MRT system; they have a long history with the Camaro and I really didn't like what the 'M' in MRT stands for haha
Attached Images

Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
With SOLO you can't tune the sound you can tune the frequencies and minimize drone. They come tuned for factory headers and if you are only getting the catback then you don't have to mess with it. If OTOH you are mating them to LT or shorty headers or HFC's then you have the option of adjusting the length of the J-Pipes to minimize drone.
The Borla is pretty tame but sounds decent and prolly has the nicest looking tips, MRT prolly sounds the best to most listeners but the Magnaflows do sound real nice and their polished tips look really good sticking out the V6 diffuser. There have been a couple of threads on here about reducing drone on the the MRT V2's so if you decide to go that route, and drone is an issue just look what others have done to minimize it. Good luck.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #17
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
Stock. Exhaust systems don't nice on v6 cars. You know how the 4cyl cars buzz like a bumble bee? With a v6 it's kinda the same but that bumble bee has matured a bit so its voice got deeper. But you can see hear the bumble bee in it.
I know some bridges you could hang out under. Isn't there some Gen4 forum where you can talk about which gold chains go best with gen4 Camaros?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
You should consider Ark systems. I was looking for months and finally decided to go with Ark.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I know some bridges you could hang out under. Isn't there some Gen4 forum where you can talk about which gold chains go best with gen4 Camaros?
This site is for all camaros but mostly focuses on 5th gen. I know cars an exhaust. Just because I own a 4th gen camaro don't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. And whats this gold chains you speak of sir.
bill2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #20
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
You should consider Ark systems. I was looking for months and finally decided to go with Ark.
While I wholeheartedly endorse your choice lol, the OP seems to be looking in the axleback price range and seeking opinions for the 3 provided.

Knowing what I know now though, I'd sell a few things if I had to and get an ARK catback.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 12-11-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #21
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
This site is for all camaros but mostly focuses on 5th gen. I know cars an exhaust. Just because I own a 4th gen camaro don't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. And whats this gold chains you speak of sir.
The OP is not asking for our opinions on whether or not V6's should be stock or modded. Just because you don't care for a V6 exhaust note, doesn't mean others don't love them. I dig the sound and currently, I'll take my exhaust note over most V8's any day. And JSYK I have a Chevy truck with CAI, JBA shorty's cat delete and Magnaflow exhaust. It sounds very good. It's just taste my friend. The OP is looking for help not patronization. That is all. Gold chains is in reference to the stereotype often associated with Gen3's and Gen4's. It was rude and I'm sorry. Cheers.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
armyxrays

Drives: 2011 2LS All Black Camaro
Thanks SIXJAK. You pretty much summed up everything I was going to say about V6s.

In the end I ended up ordering the MRT 2.0 from AutoAgenda. It's in my price range and I thought it sounded nice. I'm hoping the drone isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

So consider me part of the . When I told my wife what MRT stands for I think she almost told me not to get it . We are not allowed to say that word in my house, my father in law is a GM mechanic.

Thanks everyone for their input. Even the gold chain wearing dude.
Mods: Blacked out bowties, Roto-Fab CAI, Powder-Coated Rims on P-Zeros, MRT 2.0 Exhaust, Heritage Grille, Rear Spoiler, USB Port with Bluetooth package, Lowered 1inch all around, Window Tint, Matte Black hood spears, rocker panels, gill inserts
armyxrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #23
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
ummmm.......................SOLO
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #24
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Is the M...<whispers>...Mustang? <cough><spit><gag>
Old 12-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #25
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post
Thanks SIXJAK. You pretty much summed up everything I was going to say about V6s.

In the end I ended up ordering the MRT 2.0 from AutoAgenda. It's in my price range and I thought it sounded nice. I'm hoping the drone isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

So consider me part of the . When I told my wife what MRT stands for I think she almost told me not to get it . We are not allowed to say that word in my house, my father in law is a GM mechanic.

Thanks everyone for their input. Even the gold chain wearing dude.
You should be happy with those. If the drone bothers you, there are several options but get them installed and let them season for a few hundred miles before you make any judgements. Chances are you love them as is. Lots here do.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #26
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
I chopped off my MRT's for some ARK'S...

Bye drone...
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #27
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1 View Post
I chopped off my MRT's for some ARK'S...

Bye drone...
FTW. LOL