Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #29
armyxrays

Drives: 2011 2LS All Black Camaro
Just an update - I stripped all wax with Dawn, polished (by hand) with Meguire's Ultimate Polish, and rewaxed with Meguire's NXT2.0 and all swirling / hazing was gone!
I painstakingly went through the polishing section by section making sure I did a good job. The whole process took about 5 hours with a little break for lunch.
I realize the job would have been easier with a Porter Cable and I will invest in one at some point. I didn't have the money this week (just came back from Vegas) but I'm sure it will make the job easier next time this happens.
I'm just glad I got it looking good again. Thanks for all the advice!
Attached Images

Mods: Blacked out bowties, Roto-Fab CAI, Powder-Coated Rims on P-Zeros, MRT 2.0 Exhaust, Heritage Grille, Rear Spoiler, USB Port with Bluetooth package, Lowered 1inch all around, Window Tint, Matte Black hood spears, rocker panels, gill inserts
armyxrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #30
nine4m6

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS
Have you tried using the clay bar with soapy water? I found the quick detail spray was not lubricating the surface enough and the bar was leaving a hazy residue like I see in your images. I switched to a bucket of water with the McGuire's car wash soap. I run the clay bar using the soapy water as the lubricant while rinsing immediately behind it. I then dried the car. Then I went over the car with ultimate polish. Key thing is the polish is doing a small area at a time. I used microfiber towels for the polish removal. I then washed the entire car again to be sure that all the polish residue was gone. I finished up with McGuire's yellow paste wax. I have no haze or swirl but like mentioned above the wax does collect dust just sitting in the garage. Hope this helps.
nine4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #31
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post
Just an update - I stripped all wax with Dawn, polished (by hand) with Meguire's Ultimate Polish, and rewaxed with Meguire's NXT2.0 and all swirling / hazing was gone!
I painstakingly went through the polishing section by section making sure I did a good job. The whole process took about 5 hours with a little break for lunch.
I realize the job would have been easier with a Porter Cable and I will invest in one at some point. I didn't have the money this week (just came back from Vegas) but I'm sure it will make the job easier next time this happens.
I'm just glad I got it looking good again. Thanks for all the advice!
Good to hear you got it sorted it.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #32
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Good to hear you got it sorted it.
X2, glad you got it cleaned up!

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote