Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #29
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
This guys’d opinion is one opinion. Who cares. And yes a Mustang is just as pricey similarly equipped. The LT1 is a better option for sure than a base Mustang GT as at least you get modes and smart phone integration.

I agree. I have not driven the 2015 and newer Mustangs yet. My 2012 GT was a fast car, BUT the SS is a lot more fun to drive. The Camaro you feel like you have more control. The throttle response on the Camaro is outstanding compared to the Mustang that has a lot of lag in it. That's why you see most Mustang owners tuning their cars when they get it in order to get rid of the poor throttle response. The Mustang when you floor it there is like a delay before it kicks in.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #30
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Agree on every point.
M3 handling, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is the scam of the decade, The Ultimate Driving Machine, it is not.

WAY better than M3.

I came from a 16' M3, the SS 1LE destroys the M3 in the handling department, especially in shock damping and stability control systems.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
M3 handling, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is the scam of the decade, The Ultimate Driving Machine, it is not.

WAY better than M3.

I came from a 16' M3, the SS 1LE destroys the M3 in the handling department, especially in shock damping and stability control systems.

The M3 is overrated. If i had the money for that I'd rather have a ZL1 or the C8 Corvette.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #32
COKen

Drives: '21 Camao SS, BMW 435i, M Roadster
In the early 70s I was selling my first Camaro (a 1968). The first person to look at it liked it a lot, but didn't buy it because of the lack of visibility. So its not a new problem.
COKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #33
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
No marketing.
No incentives (ok the LT1 lease is good but inventory blows now).
No visibility (why isn't blind spot monitoring standard?).
No sales.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #34
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Not giving it views, & I don’t care what he thinks.

Now if he started paying my car payment I might, but I doubt it.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I totally disagree about the styling. I think the 2016 refresh was great and the style is great. Interior major upgrade and exterior is on the money.

I can agree about the visibility part though could persuade some away from the Challenger Scat Pack and the Camaro.

IMO the reason why sales might lag mainly is because there are many more aftermarket parts for the Mustang GT. While the GT is slightly slower than the Camaro you can easily make it for it with a tun and CAI kit. SO that's the only reason I can think of. Slightly cheaper price than the SS and with better visibility people can mod the GT to be up to par with an SS.

The base model GT and low end premium GTs are a little cheaper than the Camaro though. However everyone seems to be driving a 2015 and newer Mustang. I see far less Camaro SSs and LT1s on the road.

I also notice my SS turns a lot of heads too and guys check it out. The 2012 Coyote I had drew nearly not as much attention when I parked it.

STangMode. Nuff said. I will refuse to accept nuggets of knowledge from a guy who blows fist-sized holes in the block of his $100k Mustang in pursuit of the ultimate roll-race warrior.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #36
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
The practicality perception on test drives suffered between generations, too. I've never owned one so can give the 'first impression' POV having tested both cars: the 5th Gen seemed like a bigger car with more room inside. The 6th felt like a compact two-seater sports car.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #37
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
It is so simple why the Camaro isn't selling:

1) The visibility sucks. Yes, we all got used to it. However if a prospective buyer sits in the car the first thing they will say is 'I can't see shit.' They aren't going to give the car a chance. They won't bother 'getting used to it.' The visibility is literately mentioned in EVERY review. You can't read/watch a Camoro review without someone mentioning the bad visibility.

2) The practicality is worse than Mustang and Challenger. The interior storage sucks. The trunk opening is garbage. This turns away prospective buyers too.

3) Prior to the LT1, the Camaro was the most expensive new V8 muscle car. As someone else mentioned, Chevy should have offered the LT1 trim from the start. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake if we get a 7th gen. They need to offer a cheaper V8 trim FROM THE START.

4) Chevy didn't advertise the Camaro for shit.
I came from a C6 and 7 and find i can see fine out of my 2021 LT1.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #38
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I can imagine Chas about the C6 and C7 Vettes! I think some folks want SUV visibility in a Camaro and it ain’t happening!
Old 12-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #39
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I joined this forum only three years ago, yet I find the number of "visibility sucks" comments already astounding. The funny thing is I have a vision defect and still no appreciable problems with visibility in the Camaro.

What else do people want to see after setting their side mirrors correctly? The pavement right behind the car? More of the sky through the rear glass? Seriously? The quarter window is small, but is it too small perhaps?

How about sedans with 3 headrests in the rear that block more than half the rear windshield (say, Tesla Model S), yet hardly anybody takes issue? This is one of those perception "games" with a small kernel of truth surrounded by a ten mile thick meme.

You know what, it must be a comfort issue, people are used to a certain glass height or an aspect ratio, and the Camaro makes them uncomfortable. I swear if GM raised the roof by 1" and lowered the beltline by 1", along with some advertising ("you commented, we responded—2022 Camaro with the same outstanding powertrain and extra visibility"), the complaints would stop instantly, even though the result from the change would be marginal at best.

Anyway, I'll stop for good. This would definitely make a very interesting usability study.
I would agree here.

Most people are probably coming from SUVs and family Sedans with huge glass windows and so the Camaro will definitely make you feel blind.

But you see what you need to see.

IMO the trunk opening could use some work, though. The volume is okay but the opening is really small and restricts what you can put in greatly. Not a huge issue for me, but can be a problem for some.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #40
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I would agree here.

Most people are probably coming from SUVs and family Sedans with huge glass windows and so the Camaro will definitely make you feel blind.

But you see what you need to see.

IMO the trunk opening could use some work, though. The volume is okay but the opening is really small and restricts what you can put in greatly. Not a huge issue for me, but can be a problem for some.

Sent from toaster or something
The trunk is narrow. I could just get my tackle box in it to go fishing this weekend. My Yeti 45 qt cooler is never gonna go in the trunk. Same for the 2015 GT i had.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #41
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
4. I see that on here all the time, if Chevy only advertised it would sell.
Well, besides the fact I DVR everything except NFL so I really don’t see many commercials.

I don’t recall any Challenger or Mustang commercials either, it’s pretty much just trucks and SUV varieties.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:20 PM   #42
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
4. I see that on here all the time, if Chevy only advertised it would sell.
Well, besides the fact I DVR everything except NFL so I really don’t see many commercials.

I don’t recall any Challenger or Mustang commercials either, it’s pretty much just trucks and SUV varieties.

THIS. I don't need an ad telling me what car to buy. I'm not a sheep and buy what I want and what I feel fits my needs.

I felt the Camaro SS is a better deal than the Mustang. My used one was a great price. If I found a 2015 to 2020 Mustang even if it was the same price I would have had to put a couple mods on it to get it up to Camaro performance.

I would have looked at the Scat Pack as well if there was a used one at the time in my price range.

And Chevy sells Camaros. I see a lot of v6 Camaros on the road. Lots of them. It's the SS and LT1 I see very few of around here unless it's pre 2016.

I do think price is a factor maybe as well. The dealers here in FL only carry the higher end 2ss pushing 50k. Hardly ever see a new 1ss or LT1 on the lots.

Chevy should have started offering the Lt1 in 2016 and also push the 1SS more. Ford dealers offer a lot more lower end premium Mustangs that are cheaper. I see new ones for around 40k.

A lot of people don't want to spend nearly 50k on a Camaro. I could see why many would just opt for the C7 Corvette when you're entering that price range.

All and all I think Chevy's big issue is they didn't offer the LT1 initially when the c6 came out. And the dealers are too focused on selling the 2ss and loaded rag tops.