Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-02-2021, 03:23 PM   #15
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Yeah the new DWS06 Plus look really nice but my LT1 has 1,000 miles on it and I just can't justify 2K+ for new wheels and tires yet. It looks like they've shaved a ton of weight off the old ones and I can't wait to see what the tire rack test looks like.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #16
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Most of the UHP A/S discussion centers around the AS3+, BFG Comp2 A/S, and the DWS06...looking at 2 sizes in 19 and 20 and then the price I'd much rather have the above in that order than this 'exhilirate'. Good comment about Michelin money there.
When the thread was originally posted, there were 2-3 rebates that were stackable, ended up with over $200 off, so they would have been worth it.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #17
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Has any actually used these on an SS?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #18
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
I put these on my old V6 RS Camaro in 245/40 size. They handled as good or better than the stock runflat Goodyears and were much more compliant overall. I thought they looked a little chunky compared to the stock Goodyears, but overall not bad. They were much better in snow and cold/wet than the stock runflats, although still not great on snow.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 AM   #19
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
I put these on my old V6 RS Camaro in 245/40 size. They handled as good or better than the stock runflat Goodyears and were much more compliant overall. I thought they looked a little chunky compared to the stock Goodyears, but overall not bad. They were much better in snow and cold/wet than the stock runflats, although still not great on snow.
Thanks. Decisions decisions. Leaning toward the BFGs at the moment.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #20
enzia35

The Exhilarate beat out the new Michelin all seasons. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:48 AM   #21
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
The Exhilarate beat out the new Michelin all seasons. Take that for what it's worth.
linky...who's test was that?
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:54 AM   #22
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
I have the GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S - the old model - stock on the LT1 from the factory. They are okay tires. Very noisy, rough ride, not great in the rain (hydroplaning), they did fine in very light snow with S/I mode on, and can be very easily overpowered by the engine.

they are a narrow A/S tire so I am not surprised.

Don't think I will be going with the Exhilarates, they'd have to be vastly different from the F1s for me to consider.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #24
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS 245/40/20

Hello, thank anyone that posted on tires, I have a 2017 Camaro 2LT Convertible, and comes with the stock "GY Eagle Runflats" and only had 20K miles on them and now started driving much more for work (than fly) so in the last month I got 1 large hole that was patched from Discount Tire in MI for FREE (that was nice & they do that for anybody!)

So about a year or 2 my wife got a set of tires for her SUV and they suggested their "certificate" it's an Tire warranty that covers up to the MFG millage bit also if the sidewall gets a nail or can't repair the tire then you would get the installation & tire at no cost, but you will need for the taxes & disposal fees, without a prorating like the MFG, but when I took in at that Discount Tire in MI they would not sell that as the date of MFG was in 2016 and the tread was low and only about 17000 miles, but ok. So a few days ago went to my local Discount Tire and wanted to see that it would cost for a tire rotation and my wife called then and was told no cost sine she was a past customer, NICE so took it in the day and while they were rotating them I asked could I get the certificate and he said yes, and that cost $275, so now with approx 20K miles and the life is about 10K to 20K left. So I purchased the certificate and after the sale was done and they just started rotating the times they came to me and they we found a nail towards the edge of 1 of the tires and that can not be patched! So after talking to them they said that since the nail was before the certificate was purchased that it would not be covered and I understood but later said that if I purchased 1 new GY Eagle Runflats tires that they would replace the tire with a new 1 since I did purchased the certificate so I needed to think about it and left.

So I searched for a good set of tires for my Camaro and came down to 4 MGF and so I had them order the "EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS 245/40/20" because putting 2 new tires on with approx 10K-20K miles left on the orginal set really did make sense...

So just got back from Discount Tire and they looked good and only drove 3 miles back home ride was better, quieter and seam to corner as good on dry warm weather NICE! I have a 11 hr round trip Monday so I will know more, and can post more on how I like them. So the DWS06 Plus should have much better dry & wet handling and for Chicago snow hope better also. Cost wise they were less costly than a similar brands and they have a $70 Visa card and if you apply for a Discount Tire card get $50 also and they have a 30 day return/replacement if I am not happy with them a good deal, so if you have a Discount Tire check them out no I don't work or any interest in Discount Tire just a customer. Also note almost all of the reviews for the EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 is not for the Plus as they came out first of this year 2021 and since I don't see the Plus in the name of the tire the only real issue I read was that they were for the EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06, so I just wanted to let others that maybe looking at this tire GET THE PLUS if you want a better cornering get the Plus.

I hope I helped anyone needing or looking at this tire...

Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:33 AM   #25
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
I just got a set, and I like them so far. I want to break them in first before I test their cornering limits.

As to quietness, I think they're a shade quieter than even the Michelin PS3s I had.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:34 PM   #26
enzia35

Quote:
Tirerack did the test.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #27
enzia35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I have the GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S - the old model - stock on the LT1 from the factory. They are okay tires. Very noisy, rough ride, not great in the rain (hydroplaning), they did fine in very light snow with S/I mode on, and can be very easily overpowered by the engine.

they are a narrow A/S tire so I am not surprised.

Don't think I will be going with the Exhilarates, they'd have to be vastly different from the F1s for me to consider.
Yeah, the f1 asymmetric are a very old tire, there's better choices out there now. First test Tirerack did of them was in 2012!

Like I said, the Exhilarate tested better than the Pilot Sport 4 A/S.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=259