Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #15
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Thanks RealQuick.

If Glushenij and caper tunes auto adjust like a maf tune, then that would explain why they have no worries (until they run out of fuel). I just don't know how to tell the difference between MAF tunes and speed density? It was tuned by Pat G, so if anyone knows how he generally tunes, that is it. I simply can't be calling him non stop to find this stuff out, so I am starting here first. My afr right now is fine and remains a cool 11.4 through the rpm range - so no worries there.
I run a MAF tune. You can check under engine diagnostics->airflow-> and then look at the MAF frequency numbers. High should be like 16000 and low should be like 100 to show that the MAF is being used. If it is like 0 for high and 1 for low then the MAF is not being used.
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #16
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
I run a MAF tune. You can check under engine diagnostics->airflow-> and then look at the MAF frequency numbers. High should be like 16000 and low should be like 100 to show that the MAF is being used. If it is like 0 for high and 1 for low then the MAF is not being used.
OK, it was easier to check than I thought. Looks like a MAF tune. This is great to know. I attached the pic below for everyone's benefit. Thanks for the insight.
Attached Images

Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote