Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #71
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
subscribed for the usefull info
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #72
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
great stuff here! awaiting my xd400 and FARK... woot!!!
Old 08-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #73
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
you guys are farked up!! you have been brainwashed that thing is not worth 90 bux this is a WAY better method
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOCONTRO...8AAOSwZSFdUPfu
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #74
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
you guys are farked up!! you have been brainwashed that thing is not worth 90 bux this is a WAY better method
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOCONTRO...8AAOSwZSFdUPfu
That works fine if you just want to add a subwoofer. It isn't good for replacing the factory amp entirely, without tapping into or cutting wires. The FARK, or Factory Amp Replacment Kit is a plug and play kit that gives you your RCAs and speaker wire leads needed to properly replace the factory amp.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #75
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
That works fine if you just want to add a subwoofer. It isn't good for replacing the factory amp entirely, without tapping into or cutting wires. The FARK, or Factory Amp Replacment Kit is a plug and play kit that gives you your RCAs and speaker wire leads needed to properly replace the factory amp.
well if you don't know or are not able to do it properly then the fark is okay i guess.
but oh yes it is perfect for amp replacement.you actually don't have to remove the amp the read about it on the website. i have used the lc2i and the lc7i it more than once the Lc7i can take 2 speaker inputs and make them 4+ subwoofer out 6 total with a optional bass knob.
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc7i/
or the lc2i
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc2i/
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #76
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
well if you don't know or are not able to do it properly then the fark is okay i guess.
but oh yes it is perfect for amp replacement.you actually don't have to remove the amp the read about it on the website. i have used the lc2i and the lc7i it more than once the Lc7i can take 2 speaker inputs and make them 4+ subwoofer out 6 total with a optional bass knob.
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc7i/
or the lc2i
https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-aud...-upgrade/lc2i/
So, you T-tap 2 speakers to make it into 4 plus a subwoofer? Add an amp, cut up the wiring for all your speakers? While I just plug the FARK in and connect the wires to the amp and done. Both need power, ground, and remote wires; the Fark provides a remote wire. To each their own, but this seems like double the work if you're replacing the factory amp. Which is the point...

I don't get wiring this up and tapping into speakers to get some RCAs, just to plug them into an amp. When you can just plug in the fark, gives you RCAs, and connect it to an amp.

I used the FARK, the XD400x4, and rockford fosgate powered enclosure. I have no problems with sound or bass. No bass rolloff. I have a bass knob as well.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.

Last edited by Black_SS10; 08-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #77
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Just finished installing the JL Audio XD400 using the Fark & amp replacement plate. Overall a very good experience. With this amp the difference in audio clarity is immense and well worth it. I'm still using the stock speakers and in the future I foresee replacing them for the added improvement. The FARK harness made this swap nice and easy. I'm super happy with these product recommendations here. The advice here on this thread detailing the install process is of great assistance and value. It wasn't a super simple swap but was not overly complex either. If there was a slight stumbling point it was that the fark instructions for the 'Remote On" call out a white wire with an orange stripe but it's actually brown with a white stripe. Kudos to all those who contributed to this thread. My ears are still ringing. LOL