Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Ah man, I even went back and gave Mitsus props. I even apologized for getting cranky. Twice. I have lots of respect for EVOs. They have amazing features. I fondly remember the Top Gear episode with an EVO vs a Lambo. You are exactly like a Lambo owner casually dismissing the EVO because he doesn't know what the EVO can do. Your very first quote below shows that.

Hardly. That's like telling a Ferarri owner he "overspent" because your modified lunchbox goes faster. I'd rather be seen in an Evo then a Cobalt.

LOL you are in an oversized lunchbox too friend, pot- meet kettle . Lancers are econoboxes. EVOs are not Ferraris. I know what my car is. It's basically a modified economy coupe that really overachieves for it's price.

.....And a more sophisticated suspension, drivetrain, tranny, motor, etc. etc.

Suspension and drivetrain are absolutely more sophisticated on the EVO X. The motor really isn't, they both share the same technical features. The 2.0 ecotec is very up to date technology wise and very stout.

Matter of opinion

Well true, kind of. Most people who aren't 'car guys' think Evo's are pretty hideous though. My wife couldn't stand them when I looked at the ralliart. The Cobalt at least in coupe form certainly isn't a beauty queen, but it's a an attractive little coupe. Especially minus the rear wing.

The Cobalt is $24k, the GSR can be had for $28k. Hardly "twice the price".

I actually said EVO's were 40% more. I quoted you when you were saying EVO's could take on cars twice the price. My Cobalt cost 21,500 with all options but PDM. My understanding is that EVO's were in the mid-30s. So let me correct myself and say 30% more for less than 1% actual gain in performance. I guess that means Cobalts can take on cars 3 times the price?

Bench race much?

Unfortunately yes, I do. However my wonderful wife is buying me the birthday present of sending me to Portland Int'l Raceway to complete the school and get my license. In the meantime, I'll have to let Car & Driver speak on my behalf:

"Quickest of those behind the Cobalt was the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo MR, a car that emerged as the scalpel of the Lightning Lap sedan set, dissecting VIR’s technical sections with surgical precision and providing absolute confidence in the uphill esses. The only elements that kept the Mitsubishi from the 3:12 lap bracket were its power-to-weight *index—at 3650 pounds, the 291-hp Evo MR is 25 pounds heavier than the 414-hp M3—and a slightly relaxed shift response from the otherwise excellent six-speed *automated manual transmission."

Video is available on Caranddriver.com under lightning lap. Again, I respect EVO's and I willingly admit they are better overall cars with more potential. Don't start telling me about what you fear and street racing and BS like that because EVO's really aren't as big of a shocker as they once were.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #30
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Ah man, I even went back and gave Mitsus props. I even apologized for getting cranky. Twice.
Ahh, well then before or after I insult someone I should make sure I first compliment them as to excuse the incoming remarks. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
EVOs are not Ferraris.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Quote:
The Cobalt at least in coupe form certainly isn't a beauty queen, but it's a an attractive little coupe. Especially minus the rear wing.
Agreed.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #31
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS View Post
Agreed.
LOL can we be friends again?
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #32
2010 SS
Elderly Man