Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Megamat and dynamat install pics! What a job!

Hey guys....here is my sound deading install. Already the BA system sounds louder and tighter! Very happy with the results. It took 3 full days tho to do this right! WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARS!!!!!! Enjoy the pictures!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
atlang3lo

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LS All Black
Nice Nice!
atlang3lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Looks like you can fly it to the moon with all that foil.

I did the back half of the car last year and doing the front half now. The stuff is a pain in the A. It sounded so nice after doing the back. I hope doing the front has an equal impact.

Dave
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
indigloflow

Drives: Summit White 2ssrs inferno
Great job, I did it myself so I feel your pain, my back and calves were sore for a few days after I finished.
indigloflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigloflow View Post
Great job, I did it myself so I feel your pain, my back and calves were sore for a few days after I finished.
I'm with ya there. Even the back of my head was sore from laying upside down thru the back seat opening while covering ther speaker deck. LOL!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
Old 09-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
turborenegade

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 M6
my car is 3 days old today. went for a long interstate ride. i did not realize during my test drives the road noise these cars have. compared to my 04 duramax crew cab this 11 2ss is very noisy at 70-80 mph. did this mat help with this or have you noticed. i am looking at installing this in mine. buy the way the work looks great. if it was easy anybody could do it.
turborenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Very Nice Job

How much material did you have to use for the trunk. That's my next project and I want to get an idea of what to look forward too
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborenegade View Post
my car is 3 days old today. went for a long interstate ride. i did not realize during my test drives the road noise these cars have. compared to my 04 duramax crew cab this 11 2ss is very noisy at 70-80 mph. did this mat help with this or have you noticed. i am looking at installing this in mine. buy the way the work looks great. if it was easy anybody could do it.
Bro....this mod helped a great deal with the road noise and exhaust drone. I'm thinkin about doing the floorpan and doors next.
But the sound quality is the best part of the deal....I swear it is alot louder and cleaner now!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Nice indeed. I see my harness in the corner by your amp
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlocs View Post
Very Nice Job

How much material did you have to use for the trunk. That's my next project and I want to get an idea of what to look forward too
About 60 sq ft total! I used 50 ft of MegaMat and 10 feet of Dynamat. It makes a huge difference!
And look forward to TAKING YOU TIME! But very worth it!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Nice indeed. I see my harness in the corner by your amp
I can't wait to hook your harness up! Hey Steve... on the input level on my Kicker ZX1500.1 amp do I set the input level button on the "Hi" setting or "Lo" setting???????

Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Probably low, but I'll have to look at zx750 to make sure.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #13
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Probably low, but I'll have to look at zx750 to make sure.
Thanks Steve.....I appreciate the help! And I can't wait to fire up the amp with your harness. What a great piece of work!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
turborenegade

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 M6
thanks ZX1truth. thats what i was hoping for. get me some ordered today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Bro....this mod helped a great deal with the road noise and exhaust drone. I'm thinkin about doing the floorpan and doors next.
But the sound quality is the best part of the deal....I swear it is alot louder and cleaner now!
turborenegade is offline   Reply With Quote