Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
My new/used ZL1 hood with CF insert finally detailed

Well.....I bought a used ZL1 hood with carbon fiber insert off Ebay a month or 2 ago and it delivered from South Carolina to California in half way decent condition(Not banged up from the trip....amazing!). BUT it had over spray all over it and a ton of light scratch's along with some deep ones. Looked like someone took steel wool to the finish.....don't know how that could have happened but it was ruff. The seller said it was good enough to just bolt on as is!!! Riiiiigggghhhhhtttt!!!!
Well yesterday after approximately 8+ hours of a 4 step Mequire's detailing frenzy I finally got it looking good enough to take out in public! First Clay bar, then Ultimate Compound over and over, then some pinpoint Scratch X 2.0 on the tuff scratchs. Next came the Utimate Polish followed by Mequires Ultimate Liquid Wax. The CF insert had to be done completely by hand .... but the with the black paint I used a 7" dual action orbital polisher.

Now.....can you find my Hang Ten beach cruizer in one of the pictures below??? Very happy with the results!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Look nice. I can appreciate the time and elbow grease that went into that. I couldn't have lived with the scratches either.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Looks great! Sorry you had to go through all that work. However the end results paid off!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote