Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
2010 with IPF tune nitrous

So I have 2010 3.6 camaro with long tubes, Vmax spacer and few other items. If I am wanting to get NOS, what should I get and what should be safe as a shot size 50-75?
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
Byron_7

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 6-Speed Manual
The nytrex triple threat is a great kit, a 50 shot is all you should go with unless you get tuned for it. I do not believe IPF has a nitrous tune
Old 03-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
my friend runs a 100 shot untuned all the time with the zex kit. ipf will not tune for nitrous
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #4
Byron_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
my friend runs a 100 shot untuned all the time with the zex kit. ipf will not tune for nitrous
How often does he spray though? I race every other weekend so I am not sure how well my car would hold up spraying 100 that often
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Kcchiefscraig

Would it hurt to run 50 on the Ipf tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #6
Byron_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcchiefscraig View Post
Would it hurt to run 50 on the Ipf tune?

No it would not hurt. Sanjay already emailed them asking about that, they told him a 50 shot on their tune was safe but any more would require a tune for nitrous
Old 03-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Kcchiefscraig

I wonder why they will not do a nos tune? Does anybody with the LLT motor?

Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
I have chatted with IPF and they have said they will do a tune for NOS. I have a 2012 V6 LFX. Not sure if they won't do it on the LLT for some reason? My understanding is that the only real difference between a regular tune and NOS tune is that on their regular tune timing is advanced which makes the engine more responsive etc. For an NOS tune you need the timing retarded so you dont get any pre-detonation. IPF said they would retard the timing to whatever i requested. I imagine 3 degrees for a 75-100 shot would probably be sufficient. So you may want to private message them about the above if you're looking for a NOS tune.

From IPF when i PM'd them: "Yes we can do two separate files, one with a 3 degree retard in the timing, the base file with our advanced mapping, the forum discounted price is $449 for hardware and software, I could do the second map for $100. The V6 Camaro tuning will be the same as right now, we are expanding into other GM markets strongly. We can still offer you the nitrous tune though, and we will expand our full line up of offerings with a larger R&D effort, new retail storefront in AZ and full install shop with a another Dyno"

(FYI - i havent purchased a tune yet. Still debating bewteen IPF and HP Tuners tune from Overkill). I'm running a 75 shot on a stock tune. So far no problems.
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote