Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #29
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
I don't think I would like it. Unless I could turn it off, same with that launch control. I happen to like power shifting and leaving a little rubber on the road.
Ok, I read the Motortrend article and the way I read it, they were saying that the no-lift shift is just a mechanism for launch control...or is it applied all the time?? Either way, I'm not sure I would mind it really...after seeing the refreshed Cobolt and the new turbo'd engine...I think I'd have to add that to my "cars I'll consider, if I can't afford the new Camaro" list. Who knows...

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #30
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
I've beaten these before many of times, they are good for the price too. Though all i see are those gangster type school kids and daddy's little girl's.
Watch out the new SS (due out next month) is still FWD, but it has a better power to weight ratio than your Charger. It also has a stick shift and optional limited slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Ok, I read the Motortrend article and the way I read it, they were saying that the no-lift shift is just a mechanism for launch control...or is it applied all the time?? Either way, I'm not sure I would mind it really...after seeing the refreshed Cobolt and the new turbo'd engine...I think I'd have to add that to my "cars I'll consider, if I can't afford the new Camaro" list. Who knows...
I think it is just marketing speak for a rev limiter that kicks in lower in neutral or when you have your foot on the clutch. I had hoped it acted through the electronic throttle control, but this C&D article makes it sound like the ECM is pulling timing and/or fuel.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...eview/(page)/1
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote