Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Battery connection help for sub amp

Hey guys ......what kind of setup did you use for the battery connectors??? Pics would be sweet. I am running a Kicker ZX1500.1 amp to 2 L7 subs. I'm running 0 gauge wire I have from the the battery to the amp for power and am considering changing the terminal connectors. Is the factory positive battery wire 1 gauge??? Or what gauge??? What is the little black box on the positive side to the other power wires? A fuse box? Is it needed?
What did the big players do here?

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...Sub%20Install/

There is the link to my install album.

Give it a look and see if it helps you at all.

If not I'll be back... but it's 1am and I"m sleepy.

pswd if there is one is xcpusxcpus

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...Sub%20Install/

There is the link to my install album.

Give it a look and see if it helps you at all.

If not I'll be back... but it's 1am and I"m sleepy.

pswd if there is one is xcpusxcpus
Hey SuperFly....nice install pictures...great job. But I didn't see any pictures of your battery connections? How did you connect your power line. Again, I think I am going to need a new positive terminal connector that can handle 0 gauge and the factory positive cable.
I believe the factory positive cable is 1 gauge....does anyone here know for sure?

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Hey SuperFly....nice install pictures...great job. But I didn't see any pictures of your battery connections? How did you connect your power line. Again, I think I am going to need a new positive terminal connector that can handle 0 gauge and the factory positive cable.
I believe the factory positive cable is 1 gauge....does anyone here know for sure?
Ah bugger, none in there?

My install wires were 0 gauge and I didn't need anything. Usually the amp install kit comes with one end of a the power lead that has an o-ring like connector. I just undid bolt that locks the positive terminal down and put it on there if I remember correctly. The bolt that I am thinking of has two parts to it between the nut and the base. You should be able to slide the o-ring part of the amp wire on to the post and rock and roll.

I would just go take a new picture for you except I traded my camaro in. Let me look back through the pictures to make sure what I'm saying is true.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
ZX1truth

Bump!..No one here has a battery terminal upgrade for the positive cable and 0 gauge postive power lead to amp??????? PIC's????

Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Stinger

Knu Conceptz

AudioPipe

StreetWires

All examples of what you can do it you want to hook up both the amplifier and factory battery cable to a positive post.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Stinger

Knu Conceptz

AudioPipe

StreetWires

All examples of what you can do it you want to hook up both the amplifier and factory battery cable to a positive post.
Thank you brother

Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #8
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Anytime!!