Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #29
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Do not change.

The solid billet feeling of the chassis for a bunch of weight savings.
The uniqueness of an interior just to be like everybody else.
The body style just for the sake of revolution. They say retro is done....who are they? The 60s and early 70s and 5th gen are some of the sexiest cars around, I am sure it will be great!
Packages and options are a great thing, but make the base model as great as you can without sacrificing a low price point. Camaro has always been the affordable sports coupe.
I love the look of the short windows and low roof line. If you can make the Camaro better to see out of and it still looks great then fantastic, but it hasn't slowed down sales...
The interchangeability of parts just for the sake of exclusiveness, I like to keep things GM as much as possible.

Things to change.

RS front end should be different not just halos.
T-tops or a targa top are probably not an option but one can dream.
1LE option available across the board, this is one of the best priced packages out there, why be stingy.
Make all GM parts affordable as much as possible.
Engine covers are great for personalizing but the engine bay could use a little love.
7-speed manual across the board....
If there is going o be a 4cyl do not move the V6 up market, just give it more POWWERR.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
I guess I somewhat agree but man it hurts to see these cars as rentals...

Also the LT1 engine is 100% confirmed?

I am going to be waiting for the 2017 50th ZL1.
They already are rentals. Pretty much every other Camaro here in Orlando has an Enterprise sticker in the window.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #31
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
We all know that GM will have a best of a motor in there s othat's already checked off. (Talking about the V8)

I'm expecting the weight of the SS to come in at 3,700-3,800 pounds. I'm leaning more on the lower side of that based on going over the weights of the platform ATS is on.

I just don't see the Camaro using the CTS platform as others are suggesting. CTS sedan model for model weighs about 300 pounds more than the ATS sedan. That would translate into a one fat Camaro. GM isn't that stupi.. I hope.

I want to see the car now!! Excited.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #32
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
T-tops or a targa top are probably not an option but one can dream.
Targa top would be the most badass thing chevy could release. I am going for the 50th ZL1 and a targa top option would be freaking awesome.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #33
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
I autocross and I prefer ponycars so I definitely would like the car to lose some weight. The ATS coupe is a good sign to me because they are in the 3500+ lbs range for the V6. My hope is the 6G Camaro with manual Recaro seats and the LT1 will be under 3700lbs. That will make it lighter than the 2015 Mustang GT. Under 3600lbs with the V8 and you can bet your bippy I'll be buying one to replace my 2012 5.0. I have a 1995 Z28 that is retired from competition, BTW, so I'm no Ford fanboy. I like 'em both, but I'll buy whichever one is faster.

What else? 1LE option is great, but please make it available at launch, and make sure it keeps the wide wheels. The more tire I can put under a car the happier I am. A 2nd gear that can go 65-70mph at fuel cut is also really useful to me (pretty much like they have now).
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #34
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The stock SS exhaust needs to be way better. The current exhaust (non NPP) is just not good. The unfortunate part is we have to deal with the AFM and the baffles to cover up the drone from that system.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #35
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
10 Changes I'd love to see:

1) Better transmission.
2) Move the dang cup holders!!! PLEASE!
3) This is just personal preference but I'd like the Speedo and Tach flipped. So... ya, not that important but I always have to use the digi speedo.
4) An overall quality upgrade to the interior. It all feels cheap. With just 4800 miles, the suede has worn off my gear shifter.
5) I honestly don't mind a more Euro styling. The Maserati Granturismo is a mean lookin' car that is very Euro styled ('cause it's European) and I love it. So making it a little softer, a little lighter, and a little curvier is cool. We'll always have the 5th Gens
6) PUSH BUTTON START PLEASE!
7) If Chevy can get a good system, I'd love to see a flappy paddle option. If they can't get a good system, then please don't even mess around with it.
8) A massive MASSIVE upgrade to the MyLink system. In the last decade I've never encountered a worse, more difficult to use, or less intuitive infotainment system and that's having personally dealt with Ford, KIA, Honda, and Mazda.
9) Remember that we like to hear muscle cars. The NPP Dual Mode is great, but the other stock systems I've seen on 1SS versions is really weirdly quiet.
10) Please don't make it more like the Corvette. The Corvette is it's own thing (which is awesome). Keep the Camaro a muscle car.

Me, personally, I feel like the Camaro is trying to be more like Maserati than anything else. They're both heavy, they're both fast and nimble despite being heavy, and they both have a type of personality that makes you overlook some of their problems.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #36
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Wanted:

-Nicer interior (materials, more cup holders)
-Faster moving/automatic sun roof)
-Twin turbo v6 option would be sweet
-Less weight would be nice (maybe more aluminum and carbon fiber?
-A smoother/easier shift on the automatic gearbox)
-Sport mode (I think the ZL1 or Z28 have this but I think it would be cool to have on some of the lower end models too or at least the option for it)
-Foldable metal roof for the convertibles (I forget the name, floating roof or something like that seems right)

Also I just want to add that I am really excited because I think they're going to be changing a lot this next generation, considering how little they've change the later 5th gens

Last edited by High Magnitude; 08-24-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #37
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Seems to me, the biggest thing that they could do is put together a real manual tranny/clutch/shifter system for both the V6 and V8 models. Since a lot of people are hard core manual enthusiasts, this should be the bread and butter of any North America muscle car. If you can't slam through a manual transmission with aggression without grinding, binding, or missed shifts, then all the other little things really become irrelevant. Getting the HP and torque from the back of the engine to the ground should be No.1 IMHO anyway...
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #38
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4dude View Post
Seems to me, the biggest thing that they could do is put together a real manual tranny/clutch/shifter system for both the V6 and V8 models. Since a lot of people are hard core manual enthusiasts, this should be the bread and butter of any North America muscle car. If you can't slam through a manual transmission with aggression without grinding, binding, or missed shifts, then all the other little things really become irrelevant. Getting the HP and torque from the back of the engine to the ground should be No.1 IMHO anyway...
I agree. I don't have any experience with the fifth gen manual V6s but the fourth gen 5 speeds were crap. I'm still using mine and have always had touble with it. They weren't built for abuse. They need to assume that there will be some V6 drivers that will beat the crap out of their cars.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #39
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I agree. I don't have any experience with the fifth gen manual V6s but the fourth gen 5 speeds were crap. I'm still using mine and have always had touble with it. They weren't built for abuse. They need to assume that there will be some V6 drivers that will beat the crap out of their cars.
2014 1le owner here. Warrantied 1st gear, then entire tranny, then clutch and it's still terrible. So, ya... They might want to look into that.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #40
irgeek

Drives: Camaro 1LT 2010
Not sure if it was said, i'd like to see a Push To Start button.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #41
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I sat in a stingray convertible today. The salesman was telling me that you can turn a knob on the center armrest area that changes the valves from "eco" to "sports" mode. This makes the car louder & it rumbles!

I'd LOVE them to put something like THAT in the next Camaro
Old 09-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #42
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
I hope to see the SS version weighing at 3650 lbs. it's possible make it happen Chevy.

Closed Thread

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, aftermarket, b&m, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, improvement, upgrade