Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #43
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Thanks for the responses.

The CAIs of the past generally eliminated bottle necks in the OEM intake ducting. Therefore allowing much more cooler air into the MAF and Throttle body. But the intake ducting on the 6th gen doesn't really have any, or the aftermarket CAI don't actually improve the air ducting to allow more air flow. All the aftermarket CAI's seem to do is eliminate the corrugated tube and a put a cone filter in place.
I agree, and for whatever that's worth I'll take it. Though I imagine most of the benefits of the bigger filter and smoother tube might be negated and corrected for by the ecm in modern cars. At the end of the day when I start modding heavier the cai will pay dividends so might as well get the warrantied one while i still enjoy my warranty
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #44
MPLJR1222

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
I ended up ordering the GM Air Intake through GM Parts Direct for about $400 which was great. Unfortunately my dealer just charged me $270 for the installation, which I can't wrap my head around
Old 03-20-2019, 08:37 PM   #45
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Track test results after running one at Cota for 2 days. Made it sound a little louder or was it the sound tube foam delete or the combo.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote