Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #5391
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I think you got confused, I was merely pointing out that you were doing exactly what you said we would do. I know the 500 is faster than the ZL1 in the 1/4 mile. That isnt even debatable IMO.
If I misunderstood you retort. My apologies. So lets just clarify where my comments come from. No one gave the GT500 a chance. You know that as well as I do. Mustangs compete with camaros. Always has. Not Corvettes. Especially not mid engine Corvettes. Some will spin it that since they are priced similarly. Everthing is far game and thats fine. When it started to look like the 500 was going to be trouble. Everyone wanted a Corvette match up. And suprise they got it. But the biggest suprise was MTs results. Of course a zo6 will one up a 500 in a year. How can ot not.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #5392
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think this is where I am at as well. The Base car handles a lot better than I thought it would. There were alot of people here that thought the base car would handle like a matchbox car and based on this one review that doesn't seem to be the case.

And the C8 is giving a preview of things to come, seeing how well the Z51 managed itself can't wait to see what the performance trims do.

Now my initial reactions on the GT500 given some time to digest them a bit.

I think the base car at MSRP is a fair value, it handles much better than many thought (myself included) the magazine times are disappointing as far as 1/4 goes but the trap speed shows the power is there, its well capable of 10 second passes on the strip from the factory and I wouldn't be surprised when more get delivered I don't think 10s will be the outlier I think they will be fairly common.

The CFTP, from all accounts seems like it handles amazing and really puts tho whole package together for the track rats. But until we see some more lap times especially compared to the base car and the ZL1/ZLE I don't know if it's price tag is justified- and that is something I have been on record as saying. It needed to not just beat other cars it needed to put up wow numbers.
Agreed, the base surprised me a bit too by how composed it is. Idk if motor trend used the base with handling pack but I doubt the very reasonably priced $1500 handling option makes that much of a difference over a regular base either way.

I'm eagerly waiting for more track times from both gt500s to have more data to compare it to other cars.

I agree about pulished 1/4 mile times, disappointing, as most non fanboys figured but the trap speed shows power and drag strip potential. I'm sure there will be quite a few hero runs in the mid tens but I'm sure high 10s will be pretty common with some shitty 11s sprinkled in as well lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #5393
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea I'm hopefully, I won't be getting a gt500 but as an American muscle fan it's a must, I'm sure there's prospective gt500 buyers that would love the idea. Maybe a tr6060 instead of the tr7070, 7 speed would be cool but, A idk if it's as robust as the 6 gear and B it's probably easier to use an existing trans for a front engine front trans car like the 6060s on camaros and prior gt500s then the 7070 rear mounted transaxle from the c7.
C7 trans can be removed from the rear diff - it's not a true transaxle. The TR6060 is used in both the Camaro and C6s. Just need to have a bellhousing made.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #5394
SlitherByU

Drives: 2018 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Spot on. What color combo is your 350R Slither? Agreed with above posters that the 350 is far and above the best looking S550
Black as Lord Vader's helmet. Window tint, paint correction and ceramic coat the only mods.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #5395
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
If I misunderstood you retort. My apologies. So lets just clarify where my comments come from. No one gave the GT500 a chance. You know that as well as I do. Mustangs compete with camaros. Always has. Not Corvettes. Especially not mid engine Corvettes. Some will spin it that since they are priced similarly. Everthing is far game and thats fine. When it started to look like the 500 was going to be trouble. Everyone wanted a Corvette match up. And suprise they got it. But the biggest suprise was MTs results. Of course a zo6 will one up a 500 in a year. How can ot not.
I can see where you're coming from but you're acting surprised that the lighter but much lower powered, somewhat comparatively under tired and smaller brake having car came up a little short on the track test, and not by much, on a high speed track. Don't think many expected it to win. I heard people say it would win the acceleration tests and tight tracks, and I did. Did some people delusionally think the base c8 would beat the 500 everywhere? Maybe, but those were far and in between. Even those who thought it'd get better acceleration numbers in the magazines know it will get smoked on a roll race and more often then not lose at a drag strip.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #5396
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
Black as Lord Vader's helmet. Window tint, paint correction and ceramic coat the only mods.
Sweet! Have you had a chance to take it to a road course? Are you planning to? The GT350 really shines at a road course where you can really push it like you want to push it...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #5397
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
C7 trans can be removed from the rear diff - it's not a true transaxle. The TR6060 is used in both the Camaro and C6s. Just need to have a bellhousing made.
Bell housing and output shaft I believe. I'm sure they can use a tr7070 with a correct bellhousing and output shaft but I'm still sticking to the idea that the 6060 would be the easier choice especially if they're already pinching pennies about it. I agree that a 7 speed would be the better choice and match the dct in gears.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #5398
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Agreed, the base surprised me a bit too by how composed it is. Idk if motor trend used the base with handling pack but I doubt the very reasonably priced $1500 handling option makes that much of a difference over a regular base either way.

I'm eagerly waiting for more track times from both gt500s to have more data to compare it to other cars.

I agree about pulished 1/4 mile times, disappointing, as most non fanboys figured but the trap speed shows power and drag strip potential. I'm sure there will be quite a few hero runs in the mid tens but I'm sure high 10s will be pretty common with some shitty 11s sprinkled in as well lol.
I think what really makes it surprising is the fact that

1 it seems ford got it right on the base car - their past history didn't lend a lot of confidence to that lol.

2. People keep throwing around the 760 more HP- and no denying that helped it absolutely did, but lets not forget the GT500 weighs 4200 pounds. I think the fact ford got the base car to perform like it does at that weight is impressive. It needs every bit of that extra power bc its going to weigh more than just about every car it's compared to except a RE

And Slither - car looks sinister!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #5399
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
To make this easier to understand, I will rephrase. You are saying "but...but...but the GT500 will win at the drag strip." Just pointing out the hilarious hypocrisy in hopes you would see it too. Mission failed LOL. All that said, the sad part is you miss that we agree.

Thank you sir.
He is all over the place. I think this recent article knocked a couple wires out their sockets because he's been short circuiting ever since. He'd better watch it tho. Because all he has been doing lately is badgering people. He's gonna be the next one. He already got banned here before and is down to using his wife's account. Soon he'll have to use his cousin's or brother in law's or whoever's account he can get a hold of to continue trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmo9 View Post
It's always a drivers race in the 1/4 no matter what car your in.
Most people acknowledge that with equal drivers in the same conditions, 2 tenths is a driver's race. Anything more than that is out of the realm of what a driver can make up for. So it is NOT always a driver's race when skill is equal. Having said that, sure a great driver in a Mustang GT can beat a shitty driver in a Z06. That goes without saying. But that isn't the point.

Quote:
But at a dragstrip EQUAL good drivers ZLE vs GT 500 isn't a drivers race. The 500 will be close to .4-.5 second faster.
Is it tho? I mean, without prep and DA etc it is running 11.5 while the ZL1 is 11.4 and the ZLE is 11.3. At best the GT500 ran 10.6 while the ZL1 ran 10.9. So where is this 4-5 tenths difference at? Because it ain't on this planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
If I am reading this correctly, are you saying that the laws of physics don't apply to camaro's and corvettes?

I've seen plenty of camaro's and corvettes blow the tires off at the line and run slower in high density altitude.

Actually, you didn't read it correctly. At all.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #5400
bradmo9
Banned

Drives: ford f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Is it tho? I mean, without prep and DA etc it is running 11.5 while the ZL1 is 11.4 and the ZLE is 11.3. At best the GT500 ran 10.6 while the ZL1 ran 10.9. So where is this 4-5 tenths difference at? Because it ain't on this planet.

Actually, you didn't read it correctly. At all.

You obviously don’t drag race at all, that was the first production car , first time at the drag strip in the car only 4 passes and positive DA . There will be a 4-5 tenth difference in the cars if not more .
bradmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:39 AM   #5401
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
1. It's too late because the whole "lets put a bigger blower on it" has been done to death. There is nothing inovative with this car. The Demon has a box that comes with a computer to run race fuel, drag radials from the factory, they send the liquid secondary from the intercooler to the A/C. These are things I can geek out about. The ZL1 was the first pony car that was a triple threat. The Camaro had dual-mode exhuast and magnetic ride well before the Mustang, and the Mustang still doesn't have a torque vectoring diff. The GT350 has a unique FPC high revving V8 and CF wheels. The Corvette went mid-engine and puts exotic layout with a Chevy small block in the hands of normal Joe's. These cars inovated, and give me something to talk about, they bring excitement from an engineering standpoint. You can talk to your buddies and say, "hey, did you see the new 'vette? It went mid-engine!!!". The GT500 formula has been done, other than the DCT, but I just can't get all that excited about a DCT, other than the fact that Ford finally went with Tremec, so hopefully it won't fail like the DCTs in the Fiesta and Focus. I'm not going up to anyone and saying "hey, did you see the new GT500, they gave it a bigger blower and a DCT." Yawn...
Well not for nothin but it IS the most HP dense supercharged engine in the world...
Old 12-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #5402
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=bradmo9;10682082]
Quote:
0.3-0.4 given both car's best runs to date.

True but that was the very first car delivered and the only production car we know that has run. Also in positive DA. HERO runs with negative DA will be faster how much who knows how much. If the torque management and launch control doesn't let it leave any harder it will not be much faster than the 10.6. But we'll have to wait an see.
I'm betting 10.4 in negative 1500 Atco or cecil DA.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #5403
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
You obviously don’t drag race at all, that was the first production car , first time at the drag strip in the car only 4 passes and positive DA . There will be a 4-5 tenth difference in the cars if not more .
You obviously don't understand pure English because under no circumstance has it proven to be that much faster than a ZL1. In private owner's hands at best it did 10.6. In private owner's hands at best the ZL1 did 10.9. That is 3 tenths. Is it not? Seriously, IS IT NOT? I literally want you to answer if the difference between 10.6 and 10.9 is 3 tenths. Has the GT500 in any other situation in private owner's hands bone stock gone faster than a 10.6? No. It hasn't. In magazine tests it ran 11.3 (CF tested by MT), 11.4 (Base tested by C&D), and 11.5 (Base tested by C&D). In magazine tests the ZL1 has done 11.4. That is all the info we have until they are tested same day same track. In which case the GT500 might, MIGHT, at best do around 11.2 and the ZL1 will be in the 11.3-11.5 range. In the future, if it does set a 4-5 tenths mark, then so be it. But it hasn't. So stop talking about what you think it might do at some point in the unknown future.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #5404
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Actually he did try it. If you look at the ZL1 fast list. You'll see his name. You'll probably have to open the expanded list. Look for the bolt on zl1 fast list in the drag racing section. His run doesn't show up in the top 30 anymore it was so bad..He talks about magazine times on a unprepped track. Like he would be faster on the street. Because MT says so.