Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #15
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Get that scuff fixed ASAP
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #16
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Well maybe I shouldn't have asked for experiences guys lol. Jk, thanks to all again, wont be putting too many Miles on it so hopefully it'll last a while without issues but we'll see. Pretty glad we got the extra warranty after hearing all this
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #17
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Get that scuff fixed ASAP
Got it scheduled to go back into the dealer this weekend to get it taken care of. Good eye
Old 05-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #18
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Added a new vehicle to sit next to the ZLE,
First BMW, always liked the m3's but have no experience with them. If any of you have past experience I'd love to here it.
42k miles and they gave me a 45k mile warranty. Primarily will be the wife's car, the look on all the sales guys faces when she said it was going to be her mom car was priceless
I wish my wife would settle for a used car after I bought my ZLE! Your's must be a keeper.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #19
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
I've owned an E46 M3 + E90 M3.

When the F80 came out and they went turbos - I said see ya.....

Considering how well the Alpha chassis does (benchmarked during the heydays of BMW's), I own the best M car ever - it's just called the ZL1/1LE.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
SS 1LE/ZL1/ZLE are so good there's literally zero reason for anybody to buy an M car over one of them. At least not in my opinion. I always liked M cars but the alpha Camaros are just so much better performing, plus way easier to modify and maintain.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #21
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
I have owned newer and late model BMWs (‘93 740, ‘88 330 Wagon, ‘09 X3, ‘12 330). IMHO, the older models were terrific cars and very reliable. The newer ones were prone to electric/electronic issues and quite frankly I think they are over-engineered.

When you have to “reset the adaptive parameters” for things like a battery or replacing the transfer case fluid, you’ve gone too far in designing a car and it’s obvious to me the German’s don’t want you to work on them. Sure, you can get the software and do it yourself (or else you pay a BMW dealer $100 just to connect their computer to your car) but, you need 3 or 4 different sets of software to do it.

After the ‘09 X3, I swore I would never own another BMW. They were at one time the “Ultimate Driving Machine” but, not any more. Overhyped, over engineered, and overpriced for what you get.

Sorry, my .02
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #22
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Got it scheduled to go back into the dealer this weekend to get it taken care of. Good eye
Lol just kidding, good luck with it I’ve always liked the look of them.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #23
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I owned a 2012 135i 6 spd. I loved it. Put about 45k on it before I sold it 2 years ago.

I never had any issues with it other than the over engineering the Germans did. Liked it was mentioned about the battery. You can't just remove and replace it. You have to get the exact same or close to as the old battery then let someone with the correct software let the car know it's got a new battery. $100 or just for that!

The new M cars aren't what they used to be. The M boss for BMW said M buyers only care about the badge so that's all they're going to be made for.

Though the M2 is quite a car. Anyways enjoy and get ready for some interesting bills when it comes to regular maintenance on it!
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #24
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I wish my wife would settle for a used car after I bought my ZLE! Your's must be a keeper.
For sure Jeff, we actually just got married in march.
Hope all is well, she still drive the infinity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
I've owned an E46 M3 + E90 M3.

When the F80 came out and they went turbos - I said see ya.....

Considering how well the Alpha chassis does (benchmarked during the heydays of BMW's), I own the best M car ever - it's just called the ZL1/1LE.
Couldn't agree more about the alpha chassis. 4 doors with actual legroom in the back and a big trunk was the priority. Along with having to be automatic. First auto I've actually ever bought but the dct is actually pretty cool and why we looked at this over a 340i. We also looked at a ats, ATS-v, infinity q50, and also a chevy ss. This things getting 28-29 mpg's 80% highway driving which was also kinda high on the list. Worked for what we needed with a little pep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
SS 1LE/ZL1/ZLE are so good there's literally zero reason for anybody to buy an M car over one of them. At least not in my opinion. I always liked M cars but the alpha Camaros are just so much better performing, plus way easier to modify and maintain.
Cant disagree with that, with the exception above. Another camaro wasn't in the options although I'll say i did throw it out there on a whim and it was shot down rather
quickly haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
I have owned newer and late model BMWs (‘93 740, ‘88 330 Wagon, ‘09 X3, ‘12 330). IMHO, the older models were terrific cars and very reliable. The newer ones were prone to electric/electronic issues and quite frankly I think they are over-engineered.

When you have to “reset the adaptive parameters” for things like a battery or replacing the transfer case fluid, you’ve gone too far in designing a car and it’s obvious to me the German’s don’t want you to work on them. Sure, you can get the software and do it yourself (or else you pay a BMW dealer $100 just to connect their computer to your car) but, you need 3 or 4 different sets of software to do it.

After the ‘09 X3, I swore I would never own another BMW. They were at one time the “Ultimate Driving Machine” but, not any more. Overhyped, over engineered, and overpriced for what you get.

Sorry, my .02
Sorry to hear about the bad experience seems to be a common theme, maybe I should take a peek at the beamer forums and see what's what.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #25
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I owned a 2012 135i 6 spd. I loved it. Put about 45k on it before I sold it 2 years ago.

I never had any issues with it other than the over engineering the Germans did. Liked it was mentioned about the battery. You can't just remove and replace it. You have to get the exact same or close to as the old battery then let someone with the correct software let the car know it's got a new battery. $100 or just for that!

The new M cars aren't what they used to be. The M boss for BMW said M buyers only care about the badge so that's all they're going to be made for.

Though the M2 is quite a car. Anyways enjoy and get ready for some interesting bills when it comes to regular maintenance on it!
Will have to see how it goes, but we opted for the additional warranty which covers everything other than consumables for the next 45k Miles or 10 years. The dealership included free oil changes for that 45k miles every 5k and also any other fluid changes in that mileage. Was an additional $2500 but sounds like it was worth it. I've never gotten an aftermarket warranty on any vehicle but hopefully they live up to their word and it's only a $100 deductable
Old 05-06-2020, 07:25 AM   #26
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Bigger question is, every time it has to go in the shop, are you going to let your wife drive your ZLE?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #27
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
For sure Jeff, we actually just got married in march. Hope all is well, she still drive the infinity?
Congratulations Aaron!

It's been too long. We need to get back into the canyons after this Covid-19 thing blows over.

Yea, she's still driving the Infinity. 3 more payments left on the ZLE and then it's her turn again. I'm looking at the upcoming Acura TLX Type S, the upcoming Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and if BMW comes out with an M4 Gran Coupe we'll be taking a look at that as well.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #28
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Will have to see how it goes, but we opted for the additional warranty which covers everything other than consumables for the next 45k Miles or 10 years. The dealership included free oil changes for that 45k miles every 5k and also any other fluid changes in that mileage. Was an additional $2500 but sounds like it was worth it. I've never gotten an aftermarket warranty on any vehicle but hopefully they live up to their word and it's only a $100 deductable
Back when I bought my 135i, it came with free maintenance for 5 years, so i had a free oil change and new wipers every year. It never needed anything else other than the battery which wasn't included in it, of course.

Hopefully that warranty does work out for you! $2500 for that should be a good deal for it on a M car.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote