Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #99
jwcassidy1969

Drives: 2018 red hot 1le
You don’t have a check engine light and know that your car is down a 100 + hp.
jwcassidy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #100
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
any updates Tim?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #101
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Denver: yes - disappointment.

Car was at the dealership for last 12 days out of service.

A GM Field Service Technician is scheduled to look at the car next week for a final attempt at repair.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #102
Tim M

24 days out of service today.

Received a call from Corporate Chevrolet asking if I had an update on my car or picked it up?(!) I replied, I delivered the car to the dealership as you directed Monday and haven't heard since..."

5 mins later the dealership leaves a message saying they suspect a programming issue with the cold air intake (dealer installed cold air installation) and will follow up the next day...no follow up today.

My co-worker was waffling between a new Corvette and a 2019 Jaguar F-type...he has been following along with my ordeal. My situation was enough for him to sign the paperwork for the Jag (P340) last weekend. I asked him for a ride in it for lunch tomorrow...I've never ridden in a Jaguar...
Old 12-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #103
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Jag over a Vette... don’t let him go to any Jag forums!
He’ll burn it tomorrow
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #104
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
Jag over a Vette... don’t let him go to any Jag forums!
He’ll burn it tomorrow
lol
He'll have to wait to get it back from the shop first.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #105
JustAnotherWhite1LE

Drives: 18' 2SS 1LE
"There was also a guy on here claiming he made 424/430 after the cai and tune. Different car different dyno though and I don't believe he had a before to compare it to"

Did I miss something? I bought my car with the CAI but never heard anything about a different tune from the factory
JustAnotherWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #106
Tim M

JustAnotherWhite1LE: Do a search. A GM CAI gets a different tune from Chevy whether you have it dealer installed or add it on after the fact. Word is it for emissions only - possibly no performance gain (the tune that is). This thread is not about that.

Jaguar is a nice car! Coworker is not necessarily performance minded so the two cars are suitable comparisons (Corvette / F-Type). The raspy startup of the supercharged V6 was impressive!

I'm still driving the loaner Malibu which my son stated nonchalantly, "this car feels peppier than your Camaro...!"

Friday, dealer called to say my car is ready for pick up, but is not finished - more programming required. I contacted Corporate Chevrolet and they were not aware of the update and unable to verify the status. I declined picking up a vehicle that is not repaired nor one corporate Chevrolet could provide an official status on.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #107
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Following to hear result of this. Best of luck!
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #108
Tim M

Update: Disappointment. Retrieved the car from the dealership Wednesday with the understanding it was not complete, but available(?). I did so as it was the 10th day of the 10 day allowance for a final repair (minimum of 3 repairs previously) by the manufacturer under the FL Lemon Law. Car was out of service for the full 30 days-another Lemon Law element.

Upon discussion with the Service Adviser/Manager, come to find out the car was 'complete' last Friday. The corrective action was reprogramming the ECM for the dealer installed cold air intake. It should have been done during the PDI.

5 trips to the dealer and the issue was the lack of the correct dealer installed program from day 1. A program that I've understood from this forum that is more of an emissions reprogram and not necessarily required.

Next available dyno apt (closed for holidays) is 2 Jan...same dyno (Dynojet) as before. Also, may have an opportunity to visit the drags Saturday night - hopefully be a good indicator if the car is making full power. I will say it runs crisper to redline...no blubbering felt. Of course it is much cooler in FL now - unsure if an impact. Do hope all the 9.5 AFR richness and cat overtemp operation didn't degrade the engine performance.

If the car doesn't perform on the dyno, will be submitting to BBB under Lemon Law for a buy back and it will sit in FL gathering storage fees until the case is settled.

I've got no options with a fly out date to Germany looming in days...disappointing how Chevrolet handled this situation even if I didn't have this timeline.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #109
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Update: Disappointment. Retrieved the car from the dealership Wednesday with the understanding it was not complete, but available(?). I did so as it was the 10th day of the 10 day allowance for a final repair (minimum of 3 repairs previously) by the manufacturer under the FL Lemon Law. Car was out of service for the full 30 days-another Lemon Law element.

Upon discussion with the Service Adviser/Manager, come to find out the car was 'complete' last Friday. The corrective action was reprogramming the ECM for the dealer installed cold air intake. It should have been done during the PDI.

5 trips to the dealer and the issue was the lack of the correct dealer installed program from day 1. A program that I've understood from this forum that is more of an emissions reprogram and not necessarily required.

Next available dyno apt (closed for holidays) is 2 Jan...same dyno (Dynojet) as before. Also, may have an opportunity to visit the drags Saturday night - hopefully be a good indicator if the car is making full power. I will say it runs crisper to redline...no blubbering felt. Of course it is much cooler in FL now - unsure if an impact. Do hope all the 9.5 AFR richness and cat overtemp operation didn't degrade the engine performance.

If the car doesn't perform on the dyno, will be submitting to BBB under Lemon Law for a buy back and it will sit in FL gathering storage fees until the case is settled.

I've got no options with a fly out date to Germany looming in days...disappointing how Chevrolet handled this situation even if I didn't have this timeline.

I hope it's all straightened out, and if it is, I'd go after GM for some sort of warranty extension due to potential damage caused by the dealers improper installation/tune of the CAI.

They want to deny warranty any time they can, this time they need to step up and give you something to make up for your heartache.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #110
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Sorry to hear about the misfortunes with the tune, or lack thereof. Hopefully the dyno numbers show improvement. But a CAI tune making that big a of a difference is hard to believe.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #111
Tim M

Boost Creep: Agree, but no warranty overseas. The tour is open ended for duration. 6000 miles in this condition, admittedly only really felt at WOT, but unsure how much the cats would take at 1875 degrees each WOT time.

GTSLOW: Thanks - we will see if the MPH increases tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:06 PM   #112
Tim M

Cautiously optimistic. Another visit to Bradenton this evening with poor air conditions and the most cars I've ever seen there - 200+.

2 runs...both near 112 mph which is ~6 mph increase from previous visit. Everything was the same - 32 psi, 1/3 fuel, 6500 no-lift shift, etc.

First run was decent - 2.04 60 foot. The second was embarrassing - tried the 5000 rpm launch control - massive wheel spin and throwaway run. Notice ~.6 different in 60 foot/ET and the mph was only .5 off between the two.

Another data point was a 2019 1LE showed up...first time ever to a track...terrible 60 foots (2.3 / 2.4)... and still ran a 12.9 @ 112 mph.

So the car is better and may be 100%, dyno test will be litmus test on Wednesday.