Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Pulled over for no front plate

Well I was coming up on a stool zone today and passed an officer going the other way. I saw the brake light and him going for a turn lane. I wasn't sure if I was speeding, natural instinct to hit the brake before checking to see how fast I'm going. He pulled me over. Asked my for my license and insurance. I asked if I was speeding he said "no front plate" I showed him I did have the plate next to my seat and told him I was waiting for the bracket that will hide it under the car for shows and put it back up when driving. He explained that car thieves pull plates off the car when they steal them??? He said he was a mechanic in the military and asked if he could check it out. I pulled the hood release, he was actually asking to see the license plate bracket. Anyway talked a little, I told him what I was doing under the hood. I stood back a little and said "with a front end like this" he said "oh I agree, I wouldn't want a plate on it either" He asked me where they put the front p,ate, I showed him the area where it goes. He thanked me for the information, said he was interested in the plate bracket and that he was going to lunch and was going to get on the computer and look it up. That was the end of it, no fix it ticket, no telling me to get the front plate put on. He thanked me again for the information, I thanked him and we parted ways.
Made my day!!
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spike III Build IBM 1SS/RS [COTW] 6/25/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
Well I was coming up on a stool zone today and passed an officer going the other way. I saw the brake light and him going for a turn lane. I wasn't sure if I was speeding, natural instinct to hit the brake before checking to see how fast I'm going. He pulled me over. Asked my for my license and insurance. I asked if I was speeding he said "no front plate" I showed him I did have the plate next to my seat and told him I was waiting for the bracket that will hide it under the car for shows and put it back up when driving. He explained that car thieves pull plates off the car when they steal them??? He said he was a mechanic in the military and asked if he could check it out. I pulled the hood release, he was actually asking to see the license plate bracket. Anyway talked a little, I told him what I was doing under the hood. I stood back a little and said "with a front end like this" he said "oh I agree, I wouldn't want a plate on it either" He asked me where they put the front p,ate, I showed him the area where it goes. He thanked me for the information, said he was interested in the plate bracket and that he was going to lunch and was going to get on the computer and look it up. That was the end of it, no fix it ticket, no telling me to get the front plate put on. He thanked me again for the information, I thanked him and we parted ways.
Made my day!!
That is one awesome police officer.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
My salesman told me to keep the plate in the trunk. Then they know you aren't using it on another car.
But since then I bought the Jac-Fab.

My daughter got pulled once on my old Beretta because the front plate was old. Same number as the new but the screws were so rusted on I was afraid I would break them off.
When I called the PD the desk sergeant laughed when I told him what the ticket was for. He said "Don't worry about it." That really pissed off the LEO I guess because she called me and told me how imperative it was to change the plate, blah, blah,blah.

Really don't want someone else driving my car to be hassled. I soaked them out with WD-40 for a few days and changed it.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I was pulled twice in my last vehicle. Once I got a ticket for illegal tint as well. Dude was standing at the toll booth and flagged me over. Needless to say, I have a front plate now and no tint. I was tired of worrying about it.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Stool zone. Eww.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #6
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I was pulled twice in my last vehicle. Once I got a ticket for illegal tint as well. Dude was standing at the toll booth and flagged me over. Needless to say, I have a front plate now and no tint. I was tired of worrying about it.
That happened to me too. I was cruising to the EZ Pass gate and out of no where I was cut off (really close) and instinct was to tap the horn. Well that got the attention of the LEO. Made me wait and he checked my tint with a meter, etc...the line started backing up behind me so he let me go with a verbal warning. But definitely gave me a tongue lashing
Old 09-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #7
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Nice love car head police officers!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #8
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Stool zone. Eww.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #9
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Same day I got a ticket for no front plate I installed it. Agree, not worth the hassle.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Had something similar happen to me about 2 months ago. Its always nice to have an officer be cool about something like that.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote