Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
So many on this forum were always trashing Magnuson for not having port injection provisions for our 2650 underhood. I kept saying it wasn't needed to make big power. So now that Swanson ran the fastest pass for a Gen6 I just said it was done with no port injection because for some reason some think its necessary but this just proves to all that the power is there without it. So, just a little jabbing at those who wouldn't buy our product because we didn't have it. Its all in fun.
You just can't let it alone... I did, now your back at it with the jabs.

I could careless how fast you are for there is always someone faster.

It's great work what your doing showing the die hard racers you can make that much power with meth, race fuel, or 93 and meth. It must be a lot of fun to trailer it around and use for a couple passes or a total of 10 mins a weekend.

For the other 98% that use the public highway systems and still want to be as fast as you I explained how the port injection is the best option and the way to go if you want to save some money over the all DI route of using the XDI system if meth isn't your cup of tea.

*I've proven many times that the eforce has 3 ways to be fueled and the maggi only has 2

You come back with your IATs are superior and see that Mike in his initial vette videos mention the casting is ported from the factory.

*So I then prove that porting the eforce will perform equal to or better the maggi and still beats your blowers price by a few $100 since porting is equal playing ground.

You come back saying that we have the fastest cars

*I then mention Talley and your try to discredit his pass

Your product was still in R&D when I got my product I waited 1 1/2 years and gave up. I grew tired of the f$#* lies when I called. I was always promised a date like "Next October, Christmas, 1st 1/4 next year" blah blah! had nothing to do with not wanting to try it. It wasn't available! Every time I called to check status I got the well why don't you just get the 2300, If I'm spending money I want the latest technology.

As I said before I drive my car a lot. A special fuel or worrying if I have enough meth or need to take cans of meth on my trips if I go to San Antonio or Dallas for the weekend sounds GAF.

I saw this post on FB tried to tag u and messaged u when I saw it you never answered my FB msg!

looks like my opinion on the old hag is right on!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I am only asking this from an honest perspective: Who is daily'ing a 1000-RWHP car?... Refilling and all that makes sense - I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing cost either. But what if someone doesn't want to cut the crap out of their hood or something (that's just ZL1s - it sounds like SSs don't have to do that, but they also can't take more than something like 650-RW without pistons)? I'd rather pay a couple more grand than cut perhaps my favorite panel on the car apart. Even IF I had the money or want to DD a 1000-RW car, I don't know that I'd want to. That's largely because of where I live, but I still would like to ask who would honestly do that...

And - those jabs were not really a big deal, were they? You can't argue you didn't jump in many times either. As far as how long it took Magnuson - clearly they were working on other projects (probably COPO, VMP, Ford, Mopar, etc). Stringing along sucks but projects take as long as it's going to take. And look at the product - it doesn't need porting, can support port' (haven't seen much info', but that's what is stated), and doesn't require cutting a car apart to fit.

Also - this is his thread - not yours... (I'm just saying...)... He didn't go over to your thread...

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #31
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I know I had a meth pump fail and almost cost me a motor in my 4th gen so I am doing port injection with E85 so I don't have to worry about that kind of thing again.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I know I had a meth pump fail and almost cost me a motor in my 4th gen so I am doing port injection with E85 so I don't have to worry about that kind of thing again.
Yup - it's a risk...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #33
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I am only asking this from an honest perspective: Who is daily'ing a 1000-RWHP car?... Refilling and all that makes sense - I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing cost either. But what if someone doesn't want to cut the crap out of their hood or something (that's just ZL1s - it sounds like SSs don't have to do that, but they also can't take more than something like 650-RW without pistons)? I'd rather pay a couple more grand than cut perhaps my favorite panel on the car apart. Even IF I had the money or want to DD a 1000-RW car, I don't know that I'd want to. That's largely because of where I live, but I still would like to ask who would honestly do that...

And - those jabs were not really a big deal, were they? You can't argue you didn't jump in many times either. As far as how long it took Magnuson - clearly they were working on other projects (probably COPO, VMP, Ford, Mopar, etc). Stringing along sucks but projects take as long as it's going to take. And look at the product - it doesn't need porting, can support port' (haven't seen much info', but that's what is stated), and doesn't require cutting a car apart to fit.

Also - this is his thread - not yours... (I'm just saying...)... He didn't go over to your thread...

JMHO.
I daily my car when it doesn't rain.. it drives fine the LPE gt31 camshaft idles like stock and makes great power and is easy to drive in traffic no shaking, shimmering, or irregular idle like big loped cams can do.

It gets hardly any different mileage on 93 then it did when it was stock. On all E I get 210 miles out of tank down from 325(93) that's back n forth to work not set and go w cruise on.

If you think they (laynlo15, shizzy, and toohighpsi) were not on my thread putting me down telling me I'm an idiot more or less then trying discredit me or the Edelbrock 2650 so that there product stays on top your pretty naive. When a company that's be known as selling a gentleman's blower (inside joke between shops and tuners) makes a product that could takes some sales away the slander, mud slinging, and BS comes out!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 01-23-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I daily my car when it doesn't rain.. it drives fine the LPE gt31 camshaft idles like stock and makes great power and is easy to drive in traffic no shaking like big lopy cans do.

It gets hardly any different milage on 93 then it did when it was stock. On all E I get 210 miles out of tank down from 325(93) that's back n forth to work not set and go w cruise on.

If you think they (lay, shizzy, and toohighpsi) were not on my thread putting me down telling me I'm an idiot more or less then your pretty naive.
WHO else does that though? That's just an honest question. If it's 1%, then, to me, it's not a quite a good stance. THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF BALD EAGLES MAN!!! How many people really would run like that? Even if I had the car and the means to, I wouldn't. That's just me though. That's why I ask.

That sounds like outstanding tuning and an outstanding set-up. That is awesome efficiency.

Would you blame anyone from coming back at you after you completely fly off the handle, like you do a lot? YOU EVEN ADMIT IT. Holy Christ! It's like you act like someone punched your mom in the face. Just like this time, you come stomping in here like Godzilla after someone makes a little joke, in their own thread. JESUS. The way you came at Mike and some of his people about proving this or that when you had NO data of your own to compare (temperatures, boost, etc), and you are the victim? Then he provides them, you demand more, and yet still provide nothing to support your side except dyno numbers. Ok... It was okay, though, because they were the only ones making claims, not you... I won't say you don't have a right to have some feelings about it, but your argument is the same thing every time. No one's said you're an idiot. If anyone is close to suggesting someone else is an idiot, it seems to be you more than anyone else when this topic comes up. You are insanely defensive about this. You hold Magnuson accountable for your impatience? It's their fault you didn't want to wait for another option for your set-up? OK... I guess that makes sense to you; maybe to others too. Hey - I could be completely off the rails (it wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last time). But alas - I didn't label anyone else because that person didn't agree with my.

Honestly - who cares?!!! You obviously like your set-up and how you rationalized it for your situation. Hey - it's your car, money and time. And your set-up is great for you. Not everyone wants to do what you had to though. Not everyone wants to cut on their car like you had to. And - like you, some people rather cut than spend more money. OK! GREAT!!! It's okay to have a little fun. But to have a little fun, both sides have to agree to it (or just don't participate).

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #35
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Port injection also has the problem if any one injector fails the motor may melt down. I see it as about an equal risk as meth.

I have it set up where it watches the wideband and if it goes above 12.5 at wot it shuts down the car. I am going to enhance that with dual widebands so I am watching both banks. Not sure if that would catch one bad injector.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #36
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
WHO else does that though? That's just an honest question. If it's 1%, then, to me, it's not a quite a good stance. THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF BALD EAGLES MAN!!! How many people really would run like that? Even if I had the car and the means to, I wouldn't. That's just me though. That's why I ask.

That sounds like outstanding tuning and an outstanding set-up. That is awesome efficiency.

Would you blame anyone from coming back at you after you completely fly off the handle, like you do a lot? YOU EVEN ADMIT IT. Holy Christ! It's like you act like someone punched your mom in the face. Just like this time, you come stomping in here like Godzilla after someone makes a little joke, in their own thread. JESUS. The way you came at Mike and some of his people about proving this or that when you had NO data of your own to compare (temperatures, boost, etc), and you are the victim? Then he provides them, you demand more, and yet still provide nothing to support your side except dyno numbers. Ok... It was okay, though, because they were the only ones making claims, not you... I won't say you don't have a right to have some feelings about it, but your argument is the same thing every time. No one's said you're an idiot. If anyone is close to suggesting someone else is an idiot, it seems to be you more than anyone else when this topic comes up. You are insanely defensive about this. You hold Magnuson accountable for your impatience? It's their fault you didn't want to wait for another option for your set-up? OK... I guess that makes sense to you; maybe to others too. Hey - I could be completely off the rails (it wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last time). But alas - I didn't label anyone else because that person didn't agree with my.

Honestly - who cares?!!! You obviously like your set-up and how you rationalized it for your situation. Hey - it's your car, money and time. And your set-up is great for you. Not everyone wants to do what you had to though. Not everyone wants to cut on their car like you had to. And - like you, some people rather cut than spend more money. OK! GREAT!!! It's okay to have a little fun. But to have a little fun, both sides have to agree to it (or just don't participate).
Thanks for the insight.. I just won't have anyone making fun of me regardless of how big deal it was or not especially when they have been messing with me in the past unless we are friends of course then its all good! I made sure I listed the facts so there is no he said she said.. like before and no discrediting.

It looks like your in Cali.. I'm sure there are plenty of good builds there but I would think the strict motor laws are hard to work around so its just not common in CA for DD to rock that power level. I'm in Houston I have shit to what's roaming around on the streets here.

Really because the cam choice it drive totally stock till abt 4500 then at that rpm you let off or pray it not going sideways, I still have my track setup which is the worst for a High powered car but I love going around turns a 3x the suggested.

thanks for being the mediator!

Old 01-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #37
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
Port injection also has the problem if any one injector fails the motor may melt down. I see it as about an equal risk as meth.

I have it set up where it watches the wideband and if it goes above 12.5 at wot it shuts down the car. I am going to enhance that with dual widebands so I am watching both banks. Not sure if that would catch one bad injector.
Isn't that the same as any cars injector failing? Not because of aftermarket port injection?
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post

ding ding exactly one of the benefits of Haltech along with data recording, and a whole lot stuff that couldn't be done before..

Old 01-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #39
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Isn't that the same as any cars injector failing? Not because of aftermarket port injection?
It is for sure most of the time E is responsible.. my shop set a reminder to pull my injectors and clean them and flow test 1x time a year.. You may of seen the post by Matt Sorian in Zl1 fb earlier this week...of how critical this is.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Thanks for the insight.. I just won't have anyone making fun of me regardless of how big deal it was or not especially when they have been messing with me in the past unless we are friends of course then its all good! I made sure I listed the facts so there is no he said she said.. like before and no discrediting.

It looks like your in Cali.. I'm sure there are plenty of good builds there but I would think the strict motor laws are hard to work around so its just not common in CA for DD to rock that power level. I'm in Houston I have shit to what's roaming around on the streets here.

Really because the cam choice it drive totally stock till abt 4500 then at that rpm you let off or pray it not going sideways, I still have my track setup which is the worst for a High powered car but I love going around turns a 3x the suggested.

thanks for being the mediator!
I want to be clear: You share a LOT of information and I really believe you are trying and DO help. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure it's fair to say we appreciate that. Many people don't share, especially on a build like yours. So - again - I enjoy your being here and sharing. I look forward to your posts

Yeah - you won't find too much stuff around here like that. And I'm not questioning that you're being honest, because I see some builds here and there. They don't all say DD, like you do, but regardless, I recognize what you're telling me.

We're all passionate about our cars - that's why we're here

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #41
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
ding ding exactly one of the benefits of Haltech along with data recording, and a whole lot stuff that couldn't be done before..
How does that Haltech integrate into the OEM stuff, if at all? I mean - do you have to give up all engine control to it, or does it only manipulate the secondaries after a certain point? I missed that you were running a Haltech, too. I assumed it was a Holley or something.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #42
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
How does that Haltech integrate into the OEM stuff, if at all? I mean - do you have to give up all engine control to it, or does it only manipulate the secondaries after a certain point? I missed that you were running a Haltech, too. I assumed it was a Holley or something.
The factory ECU is still there nothing is given up. its controlling the secondary fueling system. The oem injectors I'm actually using a LT1 pump and lt1 injectors(there's another way to recoup some money) they are good to about 550 then the secondary system is activated(early) I'm imaging by 2 2 ways one by vacuum and % of fuel in lbs. needed

I noticed when it sees a problem for instance if I do not push the traction button and go over 5000 rpms it crack and pop/hesitate, also if the afr is wrong lets say from the pump not working it does the same thing with loss of power and hesitation or if the AFR is sees to much fuel it stumbles and hesitates to.

which computer does that I don't know I can ask Matt.. I do know I got the car back 2x and called Matt..I was like dang it every time I get on this it snap crackle pop no power!.. I don't want to fuk it up, you wont I got safety measures in it, but come in lets see whats going on..

So I seat in the pass plug laptop to OBD made one pass it all looks good on this side then he handed me a plug and we plugged into the Haltech made another pass he was like the pumps needs to activate sooner.. saved the changes and been perfect ever since.

That's about all I know. I can get more info I need to know more aswell.

lets not hijack his thread to much