Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #4705
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
M6G Is probably the worst forum I have ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
"Venom kills demons" still echoes in my head. Not quite sure it'll even beat the redeye at this point, definitely not the demon. Think he jumped the gun on that one
I still think that was a heat of the moment comment and that he probably regretted it the moment the words left his mouth or was just a poor choice of words. I don't think ford ever thought in their right mind this car would compete with the demon unless they were talking about just overall which again would be piss poor wording.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 11-27-2019 at 12:22 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 PM   #4706
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
M6G Is probably the worst forum I have ever seen

I still think that was a heat of the moment comment and that he probably regretted it the moment the words left his mouth or was just a poor choice of words. I don't think ford ever thought in their right mind this car would compete with the demon unless they were talking about just overall which again would be piss poor wording.
I'm sure you're right, it's just kind of funny now that I thought back on it. I think the redeye widebody would give it a run even on a track, but also not sure of there price so dont know if it's a fair comparison. Weight wise they're similar tho as well as hp. Still think on most tracks the zl1 or zle will take the win against the 500.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #4707
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
I'm sure you're right, it's just kind of funny now that I thought back on it. I think the redeye widebody would give it a run even on a track, but also not sure of there price so dont know if it's a fair comparison. Weight wise they're similar tho as well as hp. Still think on most tracks the zl1 or zle will take the win against the 500.
A Redeye WB is about $78,500 with the summer tire option. I have no idea how that car is optioned to give it a more apples to apples, but it costs the same to get a 500 comparably equipped to the ZL1(78.5K), and I think the Hellcats come very optioned so that may be a good place to start. Blaq, can you comment here?
Old 11-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #4708
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
A Redeye WB is about $78,500 with the summer tire option. I have no idea how that car is optioned to give it a more apples to apples, but it costs the same to get a 500 comparably equipped to the ZL1(78.5K), and I think the Hellcats come very optioned so that may be a good place to start. Blaq, can you comment here?
Hellcats, if I got it correctly, used to come fully optioned with stuff like heated/cooled seats, subwoofer, heated steering wheel, and other goodies. But you had to option in stuff like Nav and cosmetic stuff like the Brass Monkey wheels, satin hood, sunroof, etc. But then they changed it so that you could get one bare bones without the subwoofer, heated/cooled seats, etc. You had the option to add all those packages in. On top of that Dodge has the promotion going where you can take $10/HP on any of their vehicles including the Hellcats and REs. So right now REs are marked down considerably. I've been seeing people getting REs with an original MSRP of $90K+ but discounted to low $80K or even lower. One guy said his was down to $77K. We'll have to see what comes standard on the GT500 and what doesn't and how it compares in price when comparably equipped. And then see if the price is worth whatever performance increase it has over the competition.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 PM   #4709
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Hellcats, if I got it correctly, used to come fully optioned with stuff like heated/cooled seats, subwoofer, heated steering wheel, and other goodies. But you had to option in stuff like Nav and cosmetic stuff like the Brass Monkey wheels, satin hood, sunroof, etc. But then they changed it so that you could get one bare bones without the subwoofer, heated/cooled seats, etc. You had the option to add all those packages in. On top of that Dodge has the promotion going where you can take $10/HP on any of their vehicles including the Hellcats and REs. So right now REs are marked down considerably. I've been seeing people getting REs with an original MSRP of $90K+ but discounted to low $80K or even lower. One guy said his was down to $77K. We'll have to see what comes standard on the GT500 and what doesn't and how it compares in price when comparably equipped. And then see if the price is worth whatever performance increase it has over the competition.
2020 GT500 prepped surface
Name:  3089013E-AAF6-411F-B9C3-8900D58FE18A.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  69.9 KB

2019 Hellcat Redeye standard 2.62 rear gears. Optional 3.09 gears available
Name:  DEB7975B-F451-4BEB-99B2-73D29AEC7F9D.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  59.4 KB

2017 ZL1
Name:  F3E34462-038D-418C-AE54-776022EB3679.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  64.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-27-2019 at 11:58 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:46 AM   #4710
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Attachment 1012043

Attachment 1012044

2017 ZL1
Attachment 1012045
Wow. 11.2 on a prepped surface lol.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #4711
LostM
Banned

Drives: Evolved M3
Why do you guys ignore reality?

the car wrecks anything GM currently offers. 10s at altitude with multiple regular drivers

In B4 you dont understand DA.. but understand a prepped surace and Evans glory run lolol..

Anyone else wanna take my bet?

Same day, your ZLE + C8 vs Gt500 quickest/fastest passes wins.

If Ford wins, You all never return to this forum, Ford loses, I leave NTR

Whos got the cojones to put some skin in the game if they are so confident..?

Chir chirp-- awefully quiet in here

https://youtu.be/o0BK4lr_-t0?t=526
LostM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #4712
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Attachment 1012043

Attachment 1012044

2017 ZL1
Attachment 1012045
And for as close as the Z is in a straight line, neither of those cars will hang with it around a track. And when optioned similarly, they both will be much more expensive. GM is clearly ahead of the market. And let's also add that the ZL1 is unchanged from 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
There will be even slower times posted soon. Some of those journalists weren't even able to get 11.2 out of it, lol!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostM View Post

the car wrecks anything GM currently offers. 10s at altitude with multiple regular drivers

In B4 you dont understand DA.. but understand a prepped surace and Evans glory run lolol..

Most likely nobody is going to watch your link because nothing you post is important.

You do realize that not one of us takes you seriously and that we all think you're nothing more than a joke don't you? You're the next Ethanolic and he was the next whatever the name of the troll before him that got banned and you'll most likely be getting your behind kicked off here soon. So there is no need to take you up on anything because you won't be here much longer anyway. You're a ricer. Your posts have the maturity of a spoiled 18 year old. Most likely your daddy is buying the GT500, not you. Or you're buying it but you live at your parent's house. You don't matter around here. Your existence here is temporary and once you're gone we won't even remember who you were. Even in the off chance that someone took you up on your childish bet and lost, do you really think we'd ban them from this subforum? That is how ridiculous and high school you sound. Get a life and grow up.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #4713
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Yep. I believe that was done at the Ford event.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #4714
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostM View Post

For clarity. You’re looking for someone that owns both a ZL1 1LE and a C8 to race you in your GT500?

Are you going to tape a GT500 magazine centerfold to the side of your dads F150? ...or are you think more of a Gran Turismo type of event ...where everyone can log on to watch?

Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #4715
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
I'm confused why the resident troll is calling members out with a car he doesn't own?

No one has said the ZL1 or C8 is faster or quicker on a prepped surface.

When Mexico dig runs show the GT500 lose to a C8, you will delete your profile and never return here mmmK?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #4716
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Stock Challenger 1320's are running mid 11's with Stock Redeye's into the 10's

rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #4717
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Thanks, Blaq!!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #4718
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Stock Challenger 1320's are running mid 11's with Stock Redeye's into the 10's

The 1320 is VERY impressive.

Another example of why the 500 isn't as great as the Ford guys proclaim.

It is awesome no doubt, but it is also pretty damn expensive for what you get.