Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #15
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
To me the end all car is new gt2rs but not at 500k!!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:20 AM   #16
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
Growing up like most young people i dreamt of Italian cars like the lamborghini and ferrari. It wasnt until i started owning cars, and then cars with actual peformance like the SS 1LE, that i grew to appreciate a refined car geared for the driver enthusiast. I pretty much bought the closest thing i could get to a manual gearboxed porsche gt4 and that is the SS 1LE. But i will admit i still watch a hell of a lot of youtube videos of the Porsche GT3, GT4, GT3RS, GT2RS, Turbo, and on and on. I test drove a little cayman s before driving the 1LE and even that was an experience. In either case, I hope to be financially positioned one day to be able to own one. I'm 31 and cant do that now, but...

In either case, id like to hear if there are others out there who can relate

Never dreamt of Italian cars.
German cars, now you got me.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #17
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
I came from a 996 Turbo to the 1LE so I could get into track work, I would love to have a 997 GT3 in my garage someday.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #18
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Love the Pcars, they are like art to me. But unlike with GM offers, one has to spend serious money to gain serious pace. Nevertheless, they are beautiful machines and i do prefer them over Italian exotics.

There are actually many similarities between Porsche and GM in terms of deep racing roots and breadth of their performance offerings. While Porsche has never strayed from their DNA (even in SUVs imo), GM is one of very few, if not the only, mass vehicle manufacturer, that offers multiple performance choices, at varying price levels: Vette, Camaro and Caddy V.

Imo GM has been offering uber track cars starting with a c5, which even today is an excellent platform and pretty much bullet proof. C6 carried this tradition especially in a Z06 form, albeit with necessary (but simple) mods to its oiling. Tons of them still running everywhere.

Althoug G5 Camaro 1le was a solid contender, GM didnt get serious until last Z/28 (unfortunately pricing it out of orbit). Then G6 models upped the ante to another level.

I think this trend will continue with a new c8 and completely redesigned power plants that are coming with its arrival, including more power from an existing NA LT1, which will hopefully migrate to the Camaros.
And then there is that ZR1 motor...new Z28 anyone?!

Fun times to be living in - thats for damn sure!

PS Provoste: you are silly fast in your 1le on scrubs. Be careful...PCA could kick ya out as they did to me
Of course this is tongue in cheek, but my local chapter did close the door on me. So much for Canadian hospitality...damn it i shoulda been slower lol!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #19
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
I like the more classic Porsche. This is my putt putt toy
Attached Images

2012 Audi S4
1992 Porsche America Roadster
1990 BMW 325Ic
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #20
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
PS Provoste: you are silly fast in your 1le on scrubs. Be careful...PCA could kick ya out as they did to me
Of course this is tongue in cheek, but my local chapter did close the door on me. So much for Canadian hospitality...damn it i shoulda been slower lol!
Good thing I’m a PCA Member and nationally registered PCA instructor! I’ve heard URC is a little weird about non-German makes. Some PCA buddies got a TON of pushback when trying to bring a couple M3 race cars and a SS 1LE to their Mosport event last year.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #21
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
I like the more classic Porsche. This is my putt putt toy
Cheers to a fellow 964 guy! Mine gets worked out often!
Attached Images

Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #22
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Good thing I’m a PCA Member and nationally registered PCA instructor! I’ve heard URC is a little weird about non-German makes. Some PCA buddies got a TON of pushback when trying to bring a couple M3 race cars and a SS 1LE to their Mosport event last year.
Yes indeed. I had run with them for years but often times was the only non Pcar there. Then some of the instructors started bringing Vettes and alike...So they had a big meeting and now UCR DE events are Pcars only. I am still a member sponsored by a friend from BC chapter. This allows me to run with PCA S of the border.
I gotta say one thing about UCR and PCA in general: great folks and very friendly, who put on very well run events. The best folks to run Mosport with is BMW Trillium club. Open to all makes and long sessions incl open track on Fridays for instructors and solos with unrestricted passing. If anyone wishes to run with them PM me as i know this crew very well. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #23
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
In either case, I hope to be financially positioned one day to be able to own one. I'm 31 and cant do that now, but...

In either case, id like to hear if there are others out there who can relate
I've owned a Porsche since I was 27, so it can happen
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
sounds mean, feels good to hear someone say they like tracking the 1le who actually owns a GT3RS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post

Never dreamt of Italian cars.
German cars, now you got me.
tbh i think it was all the posters, the looks, the music videos, etc. just the name...ferrari. What was so captivating growing up. I learned better eventually lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Love the Pcars, they are like art to me. But unlike with GM offers, one has to spend serious money to gain serious pace. Nevertheless, they are beautiful machines and i do prefer them over Italian exotics.

There are actually many similarities between Porsche and GM in terms of deep racing roots and breadth of their performance offerings. While Porsche has never strayed from their DNA (even in SUVs imo), GM is one of very few, if not the only, mass vehicle manufacturer, that offers multiple performance choices, at varying price levels: Vette, Camaro and Caddy V.

Imo GM has been offering uber track cars starting with a c5, which even today is an excellent platform and pretty much bullet proof. C6 carried this tradition especially in a Z06 form, albeit with necessary (but simple) mods to its oiling. Tons of them still running everywhere.

Althoug G5 Camaro 1le was a solid contender, GM didnt get serious until last Z/28 (unfortunately pricing it out of orbit). Then G6 models upped the ante to another level.

I think this trend will continue with a new c8 and completely redesigned power plants that are coming with its arrival, including more power from an existing NA LT1, which will hopefully migrate to the Camaros.
And then there is that ZR1 motor...new Z28 anyone?!

Fun times to be living in - thats for damn sure!

you said it man, we are living in the best times. We're so lucky to have this performance available to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I've owned a Porsche since I was 27, so it can happen
thats whats up BMR, as for me id say realistically probably when i retire :(, theyre just too expensive

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #25
Apex_Missing_Ape

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Oh yeah, I love Porsches. I drove a 981 S optioned similar to a GTS and really liked it, but liked the 1LE more and so here I am. Now a GT4 or a 991 S properly optioned would probably take my money, but I don't have that kind of cheddar for that just yet.

I was lucky as hell when my wife and I bumped into another American while at the Nürburgring and she volunteered her British husband to give us hotlaps in his 600 mile 2018 GTS RS. It was scary fast and I loved it.

Last edited by Apex_Missing_Ape; 08-14-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #26
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
I too share a deep desire to own a Porsche lol. Absolutely love the looks of the GT3RS and 911.R but not the price tag unfortunately. Realistically Id love to purchase a used 991.2 Carrera GTS in a few years for my next toy car and upgrade to a 991.2 manual GT3 many years down the road.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #27
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I drive a lot so maintenance costs play a big role, which is why I have driven mostly GM cars.
Love the Porsche and BMW cars, just not the upkeep.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #28
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Porsche is an amazing technology company, I worked for them for six years. On the corporate level. The stuff that they are creating in their R&D center at weissach, it is wide and varied, most people don't know that Porsche derives significant, like 50%, of their revenue for working for other people. They are about to bust the electric car,business wide open, with the Porsche Taycan, which Will run 350 miles, a 0 to 60 in 4vseconds and every four minutes on the charger will get your 60 miles range, 80% in 15 min. Porsche stated that in order for electric car to be viable in volume, the charge cannot take much longer than what it takes to fill the car with gas… And the taycan has a target price of 80 grand. I doubt that's attainable…

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/mi...rnational.aspx
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote