Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #43
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
the 1LE has a button where it drives itself.. no clutch or shifting necessary. Good for new drivers!
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #44
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
lol
They blow stop signs, make lefts across oncoming traffic, enter intersections as the light goes red, go 40 in a 25.
I think it's part of their training.

No Kidding. I ride Motorcycles as well as my SS.
Whenever I'm approaching an intersection and see a School Bus waiting to pull out?
My Anxiety level goes through the roof.
I watch out for them today similiar to Senior Citizens.
Both,, Both will wait until you come right up to the intersection at speed to slowly, "slowly pull out directly in front of you".
It's always a woman driving.
I think some get this " I'm bigger than you now " feeling in their heads.

Stop what you're doing now... I'm here...
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:28 AM   #45
The Knight Rider

Drives: Honda Accord v6 Touring
Just want to say thanks guys. I do want to learn to drive stick better. I will start slowly, just going up and down the driveway and then graduate to empty parking lots. No way I am going to drive on the real roads until I feel confident. In fact I found a driving class that teaches stick specifically, which I will attend.
The Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #46
Josh1475

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
My first manual car was the SS 1le. I practiced for 3 days on a buddies VW. Flew to Wisconsin and drove it back. You pick it up quick. 6 months later and I still don’t feel I’m an expert, but patience is key
Josh1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:31 PM   #47
Spooky_SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
This. The manual cars from us are extremely easy to get used to now days. You'll be zipping around in no time, play with the engagement point in a lot, and once you have worked at it it will be come second nature.
This. My first stick shift was my mustang. I was 20 and had driven an automatic Jetta prior to that. I knew I was going to suck for a while, but honestly was fine after a couple days. Just take it slow in the beginning. Believe it or not, because there is so much torque, learning how to drive stick in a v8 is very easy. You just put the car in first, slowly let off the clutch until it engages, and you'll start to roll forward. I hardly ever stalled my mustang, or my camaro. I had a wrx before I bought my camaro and stalled it all the time because you couldn't just let out the clutch slowly, you had to actually give it some RPMs. Buy the manual, trust me you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Knight Rider View Post
Just want to say thanks guys. I do want to learn to drive stick better. I will start slowly, just going up and down the driveway and then graduate to empty parking lots. No way I am going to drive on the real roads until I feel confident. In fact I found a driving class that teaches stick specifically, which I will attend.
Honestly man, don't spend the money. Wait until you've driven the car, if you haven't picked it up in a week or so then attend the course. You'll be fine after a couple days trust me.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #48
Spooky_SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Also, this car has rev match which makes driving a stick SO much easier when you're downshifting. Just drive with the rev match on.