Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #99
ShadySS

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS
Yes I don't believe they think it's a failing lifter, but still advised me to monitor and bring it back if it gets louder or happens even when warm.

And yeah from what I understand it's an additive of some sort that, if nothing is wrong, take away the noise.
ShadySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #100
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Even though I have a distaste for dealerships, I'd say you're in good hands now shadyss. They have logged the issue, and are going to try and address it. If it reoccurs down the line, they will see that it was brought in before for the same issue, and will do more to address it. I'd be relieved if I were you.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #101
ShadySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Even though I have a distaste for dealerships, I'd say you're in good hands now shadyss. They have logged the issue, and are going to try and address it. If it reoccurs down the line, they will see that it was brought in before for the same issue, and will do more to address it. I'd be relieved if I were you.
My experience with this dealership has been great so far, I did my research before buying, and this dealership sells lots of vettes and camaros, and the reviews on their service department were all great, so I figured they would know about any issues and how to deal with them, they also don't leave me with a feeling of "hmm I don't trust that".

They assured me the service manager and shop foreman would be the only ones dealing with the car, and that's what happened and I trust them, like you said they've documented it and will be trying to alleviate it, with only 3k miles on the car, I have lots of warranty left so I'm not concerned at this point.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #102
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
They sent you home with a "sounds ok to us", while they hope and pray for you to cause an over-rev situation. I would follow the poster's advise: send out oil sample NOW. I have seen the abused stamp used too many times by GM.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #103
ShadySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
They sent you home with a "sounds ok to us", while they hope and pray for you to cause an over-rev situation. I would follow the poster's advise: send out oil sample NOW. I have seen the abused stamp used too many times by GM.
Not doubting you or anything but, how would I cause an over Rev situation? If the car has Rev limiters and the auto does all the shifting? I rarely if ever use the Manual mode.

Also, who would I send an oil sample to?
Old 09-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #104
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
[QUOTE=ShadySS;9902296]Not doubting you or anything but, how would I cause an over Rev situation? If the car has Rev limiters and the auto does all the shifting? I rarely if ever use the Manual mode.

Also, who would I send an oil sample to?[/QUOTE]

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #105
ShadySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Ok thanks I ordered the test kit, what do I do with it? Drain some oil and put it in the kit? Should I take it to the dealer to drain some?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #106
RS-Chevy-SS

Drives: Hyper Blue 1SS NPP
Update for me. Dealer finally got the tool to do an oil pressure test. They are doing it tomorrow AM and will call back TAC to report findings.

On the other end GM is pushing the buyback forward on their end.

I'm conflicted, I like the car and don't want it bought back. No way my wife would let me buy a second one!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
RS-Chevy-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:38 AM   #107
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-Chevy-SS View Post
Update for me. Dealer finally got the tool to do an oil pressure test. They are doing it tomorrow AM and will call back TAC to report findings.

I'm conflicted, I like the car and don't want it bought back. No way my wife would let me buy a second one!

Just curious why they're pushing through a buy back.... Is it your impression that they know the engine is toast and the test is a formality? Or did you reach the lemon law threshold of days? Tough luck about the wifey....
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #108
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:

Why wouldn't u buy a second one? The probability of getting two lemons in a row is Almost nothing
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #109
RS-Chevy-SS

Drives: Hyper Blue 1SS NPP
Little update. They did the pressure test. Sent back results. GM says pull the head on bank 1 only and check for damage/issues. Maybe they saw something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Just curious why they're pushing through a buy back.... Is it your impression that they know the engine is toast and the test is a formality? Or did you reach the lemon law threshold of days? Tough luck about the wifey....
I believe I have by now. I think the motor is probably done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Why wouldn't u buy a second one? The probability of getting two lemons in a row is Almost nothing
Oh trust me I would buy a second one. Its about getting the wife to sign off on it.

RS-Chevy-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:29 PM   #110
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Long story short, I took my car to the dealer about 2 months ago because I heard what sounds like a clank/knock on cold start and restarts if it's been sitting about an hour. It's definitely not the DI, I know what that sounds like. The dealer told me it's normal, nothing to worry about, just how these engines are.

Then I read a post here a few minutes ago that said he had the same thing and his motor imploded. So I go outside, at 2am, and shoot these videos.

https://youtu.be/0xcwPPBzpn8

https://youtu.be/ZVnOQVbnZMA

Sounds bad right? Then I find this TSB about this exact F****** issue.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/3656/15-06-01-...-chevrolet-gmc

I'm fuming now and will be driving straight to the dealer in the AM.
GM's explanation in street terms: We attempted to satisfy the crazies and in the process over engineered and f-ed up an otherwise good engine. However, the consumer should feel great about the projected fuel costs posted on their window sticker. Enjoy the fruits of our labor.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #111
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Amazing how the internet can make you paranoid.

Or is it all the RF and microwave exposure? Oh who cares, it's all convenient I can't be bothered.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:40 AM   #112
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Little update. They did the pressure test. Sent back results. GM says pull the head on bank 1 only and check for damage/issues. Maybe they saw something?
I believe I have by now. I think the motor is probably done.Oh trust me I would buy a second one. Its about getting the wife to sign off on it.

..it only takes 1 bad personal experience to avoid a brand altogether. Prove me otherwise, imo.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote