#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #57
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
I am not trying to make excuses for antics and deceptive practices that are out there, but there are good people out there too. Idk, I probably picked the wrong venue to express my view in a losing battle.
Blaming the customer for the reason some dealers are the way they are was my issues. It's like you are saying "well, since the customers think we suck we will" see how what you wrote doesnt come off that well. You may be a great person. You're right I dont know you. I just dont agree with how your post that I commented on came off to me as a person that owns a service based business. Some customers will never be satisfied no matter what you do, but I dont give them extra ammo either.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #58
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
I see how it could have been taken that way, that is not what I was trying to say. Its all good.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #59
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
I see how it could have been taken that way, that is not what I was trying to say. Its all good.
I do agree that blaming all Chevy dealers for the actions of a few is very wrong and not fair to the ones that do it right.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #60
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
As far as dealers needing to make a profit, don't kid yourself.

Dealerships profit like a mofo.
Don't let them fool you.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #61
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
As far as dealers needing to make a profit, don't kid yourself.

Dealerships profit like a mofo.
Don't let them fool you.
Nobody is kidding anybody. However, the guys that make the huge money are not the guys that YOU deal with in a dealership. They are the owners, vice president’s department heads etc. A working sales manager makes between 60 and 90 and a salesman on the floor in a Chevy dealership makes between 30 and 70. You are left dealing with the guys that get paid for the biggest Chunk they can take out of you, (base+commission).…All the while , working 70 hours a week, and a tremendous amount of weekends. Also, Lousy benefit pkg. So nobody’s getting rich off this business model either. It has to change. The car business lost the pros off the floor a long time ago, when margins went from 15 % to 7 in the early 90’s..........

Last edited by Glen e; 12-26-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #62
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Nobody is kidding anybody. However, the guys that make the huge money are not the guys that YOU deal with in a dealership. They are the owners, vice president’s department heads etc. A working sales manager makes between 60 and 90 and a salesman on the floor in a Chevy dealership makes between 30 and 70. You are left dealing with the guys that get paid for the biggest Chunk they can take out of you, (base+commission).…All the while , working 70 hours a week, and a tremendous amount of weekends. Also, Lousy benefit pkg. So nobody’s getting rich off this business model either. It has to change. The car business lost the pros off the floor a long time ago, when margins went from 15 % to 7 in the early 90’s..........
Just to clarify, the owner of the dealership is making a killing, clearly not the employees.
I know from experience.

In the service end, the pay split was 50/50 with the technician/mechanic getting half the labor and the dealership getting the other half, and dealers thrived.
Now you are lucky if it's 80/20 with the tech getting 20% if the dealer is somewhat fair. Most of the time the labor split is closer to 90/10.
So when you pay $120/hr, chances are the guy working on your car is getting less than $20 while the dealer is collecting the other $100+.

Sales lost the margin when everybody found out the prices dealers get the cars for from the manufacture.
The internet killed car sales.
The shop just got swindled by the greedy dealers.
Now you know why there are no good tech left at stealerships.

I know this is not every dealership, but in this portion of the country, the Northeast, it is pretty much the standard business model.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #63
Bens1le
Bens1LE

Drives: 2014 ss 1LE
I had a Great experience at Jerrys Chevy in leesburg va

You could call them
Bens1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #64
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Hardy Chevrolet in Gainsville, GA... best Chevy dealer experience I've ever had. Quality, honest sales and mgmt.

Now for the others in this area (except Jim Ellis, they are good there too)....

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #65
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Dang... go somewhere else..if you dont like what they offer. If i can get 40k for a 33k car i'm a theif rat bastard? But 35k would be ok? Like there is some unspoken limit as to how much a dealer has to offer for a trade? Don't trade it in if you don't like the offer...sell it somewhere else and don't blame them if they don't want your used car.. Why would you criticize the car dealer for their business decision? Go somewhere else. Merica
Old 12-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #66
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Pat O' Brien Chevrolet in Westlake, Ohio is a total sleeze bag of a dealership. One of the worst places i have ever been to..

They tried to tell me that interest rates start at 3.5% because its a camaro/sports car...Regardless of my credit score. Total lie!

Pat O' Brien Chevrolet in Westlake, Ohio screwed my friend over $500...They would not budge over price....So we both walked out....

He works on volume...Could care less about you..He knows there is some sucker who will walk in off the street and get lied to about interest rates and accept the deal........

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #67
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Why do we all LIKE Chevy dealers?

They sell our car.

$40K for this level of performance?

That's a steal.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #68
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
So when I bought my 1LE, forum member "backeddy" tried to talk me out of it because I was going to get killed on depreciation. Within a week of each other I bought the 1LE for right at $40k and he bought a really low mile 2011 (i think) Porsche Boxster Spyder for $45k (I already have a Cayman R). My 1LE is now worth $30k and his spyder is worth $60k (atleast) and the killer is I still can't even get close to his times at Laguna! Any of us who thought we were not going to get hit with huge depreciation, we were wrong. Salt, meet wound.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #69
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
So when I bought my 1LE, forum member "backeddy" tried to talk me out of it because I was going to get killed on depreciation. Within a week of each other I bought the 1LE for right at $40k and he bought a really low mile 2011 (i think) Porsche Boxster Spyder for $45k (I already have a Cayman R). My 1LE is now worth $30k and his spyder is worth $60k (atleast) and the killer is I still can't even get close to his times at Laguna! Any of us who thought we were not going to get hit with huge depreciation, we were wrong. Salt, meet wound.
The black book value on a low mileage 2011 spyder is $39,385.00. Not sure where you are getting $60,000.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:40 AM   #70
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The black book value on a low mileage 2011 spyder is $39,385.00. Not sure where you are getting $60,000.
Here are the most recent wholesale auction numbers for 2011 boxter spyders.
Attached Images

Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote