Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #85
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Just thought id share a little widebody love. Have recently been obsessed with these custom porsches
Attached Images

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #86
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Sweet!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:54 AM   #87
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Interesting comment about the 911 GTS. My track friend bought one recently and we went head to head a few times at my recent visit to Mt Tremblant circuit. We ran the same group (solo/instructor), he is a rather accomplished instructor himself and i had to worked just a wee bit harder than usual to pass him every time.
Both cars seemed rather equal pace wise on the straights but my entries and exits trumped his every time. I dont think he was very happy about it
One car that gave me a work out was a track prepped 03 Carrera (gutted) on brand new R7s. Now that was a work out as we were pretty even everywhere (and tons of fun).
Nice!!
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #88
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
One of the other disappointments is how bloated the cars have become, I don't think that's necessarily such a bad thing all the time, to have some amazing creature comforts in the 911 and still amazing performance and driving. I do think in some situations though they've gone way off the deep end, like the 911 Targa. Rather than just make a simple removable roof-section that can be stowed like behind the seats or something, the entire rear end of the car lifts up on an erector set to move the roof section, adding a bunch of weight in the worst possible place for the rear-engined car, adding complexity and stuff that can break, and so on. A simple carbon fiber roof section that you can manually remove would have been 1000x better and I might have even made a serious effort to own one if they had done something like this.
That feature is insanely cool though. Watched a video on youtube on it, seems like it is as lightweight as they could have made it, not bulky components at all. How much weight do you think it added?
Old 09-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #89
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That feature is insanely cool though. Watched a video on youtube on it, seems like it is as lightweight as they could have made it, not bulky components at all. How much weight do you think it added?
According to the weights, it looks like a few hundred pounds. Again, in the wrong place on the car (up high on the rear).

It's as light as they could have made it? It's many times heavier than just a simple carbon fiber roof section that could be manually taken off and stowed behind the seats. Making the whole thing automated reeks of a bently or rolls royce. This is a porsche. It's supposed to be about lightweight.

Yes, it looks fantastic, but IMO it sacrifices the soul of the sports car with that overly-complex contraption.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #90
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
According to the weights, it looks like a few hundred pounds. Again, in the wrong place on the car (up high on the rear).

It's as light as they could have made it? It's many times heavier than just a simple carbon fiber roof section that could be manually taken off and stowed behind the seats. Making the whole thing automated reeks of a bently or rolls royce. This is a porsche. It's supposed to be about lightweight.

Yes, it looks fantastic, but IMO it sacrifices the soul of the sports car with that overly-complex contraption.
Yes, looks quite light weight and minimal to me for a automatic roof. Good thing there are other options than the Targa.