Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #15
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasti View Post
Sooo, the gt350 owner crashed that car the second week owning it at an autocross at MIS parking lot. . Typical mustang driver didn't know the car, turned traction control off, rear wheels got loose, slammed on the brakes, car flipped the other way hard. Ended up smashing into an ice box then thrown onto a fence, suspended in the air. Don't feel bad cause he was talking down to anyone whosecar wasn't as expensive as his.
He talks trash pretty bad for someone who can drive in this video
Any pics that you know of?

These guys annoy me just about more than any other driver. At the dream cruise, 90% of the annoying people out there were Mustang owners making an ass of themselves. it was always a 50/50 split of a 350/350-r owner or an Ecoboost. Something about these cars that make people drive like idiots. I am doing a track day with the Mohawk mustang people and am legitimately concerned for my safety now. I haven't seen a SINGLE 350/350-r owner drive like a normal person around here. Its always WOT or nothing.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #16
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

You should buy an extended warranty out of peace of mind. Not because you feel you have to.
if you are buying an extended warranty you either feel like you are purchasing a vehicle that will let you down at some point or you have money to burn. Ext. warranties are a waste of money on a well constructed vehicle. If you feel that at some point the Voodoo will fail beyond the standard warranty, buy an extended.

If I were ever going to but an ext. warranty the GT350 would be the car I would buy it for. The Voodoo is pushing the envelope of the flat plane configuration... a configuration that is not known for long term reliability.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #17
1970judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
if you are buying an extended warranty you either feel like you are purchasing a vehicle that will let you down at some point or you have money to burn. Ext. warranties are a waste of money on a well constructed vehicle. If you feel that at some point the Voodoo will fail beyond the standard warranty, buy an extended.

If I were ever going to but an ext. warranty the GT350 would be the car I would buy it for. The Voodoo is pushing the envelope of the flat plane configuration... a configuration that is not known for long term reliability.
Long term reliability of FPC aside, Ford built their engine incorrectly. An honest Ford PT engineer will tell you that as well, if you pull them aside. The engine, lived and died many times over, then was revived and shoved out the door by Raj for the fan fair. FPC engines can be made reliable, Ford just did not do that.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #18
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

So much so that Ford appears to be making it a one and done. GT500 will go cross-planed and the line that makes Voodoo is apparently going to be idled. The 5.2SC for the GT500 will come from a different plant.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #19
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
So much so that Ford appears to be making it a one and done. GT500 will go cross-planed and the line that makes Voodoo is apparently going to be idled. The 5.2SC for the GT500 will come from a different plant.
I'm sure it was a planned one off application.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post

These guys annoy me just about more than any other driver. At the dream cruise, 90% of the annoying people out there were Mustang owners making an ass of themselves. it was always a 50/50 split of a 350/350-r owner or an Ecoboost. Something about these cars that make people drive like idiots. I am doing a track day with the Mohawk mustang people and am legitimately concerned for my safety now. I haven't seen a SINGLE 350/350-r owner drive like a normal person around here. Its always WOT or nothing.
It doesn't make power below 4,000 rpm so...
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #21
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
It doesn't make power below 4,000 rpm so...
That is the nature of the beast when you are dealing with a high revving motor.

My E90 M3 was the same way. It felt like a regular 3 series, until you were above 6,000 RPM You have to ring those motors out to get anything out of them.

That is why they are better race / track motors, than street motors.

Everyone around you thinks you are being an ass because you are keeping the revs up. The E90 M3 was a great sounding motor and was the only motor (not exhaust) I loved listening to in the upper range, but driven like that, also yielded like 11 MPG.

High revving motors are best left for the track.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #22
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
That is the nature of the beast when you are dealing with a high revving motor.

My E90 M3 was the same way. It felt like a regular 3 series, until you were above 6,000 RPM You have to ring those motors out to get anything out of them.

That is why they are better race / track motors, than street motors.

Everyone around you thinks you are being an ass because you are keeping the revs up. The E90 M3 was a great sounding motor and was the only motor (not exhaust) I loved listening to in the upper range, but driven like that, also yielded like 11 MPG.

High revving motors are best left for the track.
So true!
Old 08-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #23
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:

Coming from the same area, I don’t agree with you. Not that I don’t see Mustang’s in the hands of young adults doing stupid stuff. By FAR the Charger/Challenger crowd is the most obnoxious and idiotic.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #24
1970judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Coming from the same area, I don’t agree with you. Not that I don’t see Mustang’s in the hands of young adults doing stupid stuff. By FAR the Charger/Challenger crowd is the most obnoxious and idiotic.
Hm, valid point. The closer I get to metro-detroit proper, the more MOPAR idiots I see.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #25
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Quote:
Hm, valid point. The closer I get to metro-detroit proper, the more MOPAR idiots I see.
Can I make it a quorum? There are so many Chargers and Challengers in my neighborhood you would think Dodge was outselling Prius and Camry combined. And half of them are either Scat Packs or Hellcats. Not rare to be at a stoplight and have 3 or more Challengers at the same light. And it's usually the non-Hemi cars that want to run.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #26
1970judge

Quote:
Can I make it a quorum? There are so many Chargers and Challengers in my neighborhood you would think Dodge was outselling Prius and Camry combined. And half of them are either Scat Packs or Hellcats. Not rare to be at a stoplight and have 3 or more Challengers at the same light. And it's usually the non-Hemi cars that want to run.
I noticed that at the more local meets, it is like that out here (Near Milford). I even showed pictures to my brother that is zomg Demon, so rare! I saw 3 at a local cruise in in farmington. Hell cats, 392, scat pack..etc are a dime a dozen at the local stuff. But honestly, I dont ever see them acting like jackasses, or it is at least rare. At any C&C event, local show, etc..its ALWAYS a mustang guy for me. Its like the prerequisite for those care is immaturity. And "they dont make power" under 4k rpm..so? Last time I drove a GT350 it sure motivated itself just fine without ringing the piss out of it.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #27
MaskedRacerX

Drives: Now: GT/PP Vert, Future: ZL1 Vert
Quote:
It would be a really tough call for me. Based on appearance, GT350R. But that’s because I think the ZL1 1LE appearance is a bit over the top. I get that all the wingy things are functional aero. But for the 0.x% of the time that I would push the vehicle anywhere near its limits, I’d be much happier with a ZL1 or even an SS.

In terms of performance, ZL1 (again, I’d pass on the 1LE). After that, I’d have to spend some more quality time with a 350R to get a feel for whether I’d be happier with that or a ZL1. It would be a high bar though. And I’m assuming no ADM, because that just ain’t happenin’.

There's way more disparity between the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE vs. the GT350 and GT350R, the latter is really a difference (excluding a few aesthetic tweaks ...) in wheel/tire, aero and the option for some equipment delete. The ZL1 1LE has the wheel/tire difference (including width increases), aero (that's a more aggressive upgrade) and substantial suspension changes.

Now with the MY19 GT350 getting a better wheel/tire package, updated aero and more optimized suspension tuning, the difference is even less (vs. the R).

I guess what I'm saying is with the GT350R, you're paying for a few slick updates (I mean, carbon fiber wheels are pretty f***ing cool) and exclusivity, where the ZL1 vs. ZLE the price difference is way more about pushing the performance envelope.

A "standard" ZL1 + a set of dedicated set of track wheels/tires (even 1LE stockers) matches or exceeds either GT350 in both street manners and track capacity without even needing the wild looking aero of the 1LE - and the 1LE is just in an entirely different performance segment that Ford doesn't have an answer for at the moment.

BTW, hi Jim, yes, I'm here from there, kind of lurking, but I am "shopping"
MaskedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #28
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacerX View Post
A "standard" ZL1 + a set of dedicated set of track wheels/tires (even 1LE stockers) matches or exceeds either GT350 in both street manners and track capacity without even needing the wild looking aero of the 1LE - and the 1LE is just in an entirely different performance segment that Ford doesn't have an answer for at the moment.

BTW, hi Jim, yes, I'm here from there, kind of lurking, but I am "shopping"
I don't think Ford could match the ZL1 at all with the S550 chassis if they tried. I don't even think they wanna bang heads with it anyway. The ZLE is just on a completely different level from all these cars.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote