Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #29
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Replying to this thread stating that this is the first you have heard of the issue seems a bit, unbelievable. I have communicated with 2 people at AWE about this issue; 1 in customer service and one was a Project Engineer according to his email signature.

Plus, muffler paste is now included to help “speed up the sealing process” but only after you released the product and sold xx during the first couple of months; seems coincidental. Your post also repeatedly mention to install the clamp correctly but I don’t see how it could be installed incorrectly unless the bolt isn’t tightened (which by the way there is no torque spec provided in the instructions). Being an m6x1.0 bolt though, it can only take about a third of the torque of the AccuSeal joint clamps.
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #30
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Bummer man hope you get it sorted.

This kind of stuff is the reason I had a reputable shop install mine. Haven't had any issues.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #31
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Muscle View Post
Replying to this thread stating that this is the first you have heard of the issue seems a bit, unbelievable. I have communicated with 2 people at AWE about this issue; 1 in customer service and one was a Project Engineer according to his email signature.

Plus, muffler paste is now included to help “speed up the sealing process” but only after you released the product and sold xx during the first couple of months; seems coincidental. Your post also repeatedly mention to install the clamp correctly but I don’t see how it could be installed incorrectly unless the bolt isn’t tightened (which by the way there is no torque spec provided in the instructions). Being an m6x1.0 bolt though, it can only take about a third of the torque of the AccuSeal joint clamps.
Hi, D. I can understand where my statement could be perceived as such, but 'tis true... this is the first time I am hearing about this as no one has come to me on here before. May seem coincidental, but certainly not the case. I believe the engineering team was quite proactive with deploying this to help prevent any future hiccups with installation.

Torque specs have been added to the installation instructions to help prevent future confusion.

Purely here to help. Happy Friday
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote