Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2023, 11:23 PM   #43
BMLMZ

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
no its not
Post up a pre-2019 DFCO from HPT and lets compare.
BMLMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 08:09 AM   #44
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLMZ View Post
Post up a pre-2019 DFCO from HPT and lets compare.
There are multiple area's in the tune that create more or less crackles. The 2022+ is the most aggressive.

The DFCO tab you are wanting to argue about is what allows the ECU to enter and exit DFCO at specific speeds, RPM's or torque delta values. But it has NO affect on how aggressive the crackles are. Once you're in DFCO you don't have any crackles because the injectors are off. It's all about how to get the ECU to slowly enter DFCO so that the injectors are still firing while the ECU is pulling torque out.

There are multiple areas in the tune that affect crackles. One of my most common tune requests I receive is adding Crackles to C7 Corvettes. I don't touch the DFCO tab to make them crackle because that is not what needs to be adjusted.

I would like to hear what tables in the DFCO tab you think need to be adjusted though. Perhaps I'll learn something new after all these years.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #45
BMLMZ

Quote:
There are multiple area's in the tune that create more or less crackles. The 2022+ is the most aggressive.

The DFCO tab you are wanting to argue about is what allows the ECU to enter and exit DFCO at specific speeds, RPM's or torque delta values. But it has NO affect on how aggressive the crackles are. Once you're in DFCO you don't have any crackles because the injectors are off. It's all about how to get the ECU to slowly enter DFCO so that the injectors are still firing while the ECU is pulling torque out.

There are multiple areas in the tune that affect crackles. One of my most common tune requests I receive is adding Crackles to C7 Corvettes. I don't touch the DFCO tab to make them crackle because that is not what needs to be adjusted.

I would like to hear what tables in the DFCO tab you think need to be adjusted though. Perhaps I'll learn something new after all these years.
You inferred quite a bit here man. I simply asked for you to post a pre 2019 car's DFCO tab. Talk about wanting a fight...lol
Old 12-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #46
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLMZ View Post
You inferred quite a bit here man. I simply asked for you to post a pre 2019 car's DFCO tab. Talk about wanting a fight...lol

I have hundreds of tune files here and I know the differences. I'm asking what are you trying to show me? I don't see the point so I guess I'll move on. Nice chatting with you.

Last edited by Megahurtz; 12-04-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:13 PM   #47
BMLMZ

Quote:
I have hundreds of tune files here and I know the differences. I'm asking what are you trying to show me? I don't see the point so I guess I'll move on. Nice chatting with you.
The start and stop of when it burbles and pops is what I was showing. And thats completely different in a pre 2019 car. Sure there are spark tables also, but even with all that populated, the DFCO tab is where this is enabled. Nothing more needs to be done.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:35 PM   #48
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
When I disabled my dfco on my old 17 ss it did make a slight difference. It didn't give me more crackles and pops, but on decel under 2k ish would get a couple burbles, but nothing crazy. If I hadn't changed the setting I honestly don't know if I'd notice. I didn't mess with any of the fueling tables or anything else as I dont know what im doing, lol. Theres a couple posts in here with both pre and post 19 models fuel charts, should be able to find a couple in here to copy. It also made the car smell more when idling even with cats.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:45 PM   #49
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

The only change in DFCO between the 2023 and 2018 files here is that DFCO (injector cut) will be allowed at a higher RPM. The aggressive crackles in the 2023 happen above either of these RPM's (3000-4000). And the reason is not any setting on this tab. It has to do with 4 other areas the tune.

Name:  2023dfco.png
Views: 422
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  2018dfco.png
Views: 422
Size:  39.9 KB
Old 01-21-2024, 06:05 AM   #50
DroneShotFPV

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
The crackles and pops were always noticeable in the Camaro but even more so after 2019 where GM purposely made them more pronounced in the factory tune. Most tuners take it out, or at least calm it down whenever you get a tune. Aftermarket exhausts can also effect it as well.
I know this is a couple months old, but I was searching this out and saw this thread. I have a 2017 (50th Anniversary Edition 2SS) as well, without NPP. I didn't notice it much until I did an axle back muffler delete. It was super obvious at that point, so much so that I wondered if the previous owner had a tune on it as I had no idea GM did this default. I don't hate it, and know how to control it.. but I always meant to search it out and see if it was normal or an after market add via tune thing, and remembered to do so today.. lol I've had the car since July with super low miles (low 30k's) . I initially wanted a 2023, but then saw supply and demand, and then this beast was on the lot one day with a price hard to beat, so I snatched it right up... I was kinda hoping it was a tune because she sure does purr like a kitten and run like a beast more than others I have driven, but it could also be because of projection. lol
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build #4302, A8 | K&N CAI | Muffler Delete | RANGE AFM DISABLER | coming soon New Intake, Headers, and a tune for starters
DroneShotFPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 06:10 AM   #51
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I loved the popping and banging on my modded C6 with no CATS. I would pull up next to Stangs and rice cars and make it pop away.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:04 AM   #52
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneShotFPV View Post
I know this is a couple months old, but I was searching this out and saw this thread. I have a 2017 (50th Anniversary Edition 2SS) as well, without NPP. I didn't notice it much until I did an axle back muffler delete. It was super obvious at that point, so much so that I wondered if the previous owner had a tune on it as I had no idea GM did this default. I don't hate it, and know how to control it.. but I always meant to search it out and see if it was normal or an after market add via tune thing, and remembered to do so today.. lol I've had the car since July with super low miles (low 30k's) . I initially wanted a 2023, but then saw supply and demand, and then this beast was on the lot one day with a price hard to beat, so I snatched it right up... I was kinda hoping it was a tune because she sure does purr like a kitten and run like a beast more than others I have driven, but it could also be because of projection. lol
The Fifty Edition SS's had some extra crackles compared to others. What you are hearing is normal for that vehicle. A cat back will make it much more pronounced.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:06 AM   #53
FactoryMatt

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE
HPtuners and copying the first four rows of the minimum spark tables from the 2016 tune hosted in the HPtuners website fixes it completely. You can also fix the ridiculous touring and sport mode hair trigger throttle (copy map b track mode throttle..) and cags skip shift. Worth every penny.
FactoryMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:18 PM   #54
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
I personally love them, but they can get loud in NPP track mode. I think sport tones it down reasonably, and tour completely quiets everything.

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:07 AM   #55
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
My 2016 1SS didn't have a lot of the crackles and pops I've seen a lot of people going crazy over, including automotive journalists, until I hit around 80k on my 105k SS. I figured it was my mufflers really opening up after years of use, but reading these posts now I'm not so sure. Car runs good, though, and just changed the plugs and wires. No issues with performance at all.

I never really cared one way or the other honestly about that sound. I've never had a car do this in my many years of hotrodding. If my first entry into muscle cars, a '69 Mustang that I built out back in '86, would have done that my buddies would have laughed their ass off. Different times for sure.

Happening excessive I would care now on my 1SS, but every now and then engine braking in my M6 I do it just for a laugh.

But to each his/her own. Some love it, some hate it, and I fall in between. Hey, if people love fart cans in their imports, which I think is ridiculous, there's room for us Camaro owners to make some noise IMO.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #56
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Still less obnoxious then the current Mustangs (which you know damn well GM was trying to "compete" with)

I think GMs for the most part is tasteful, but can be a bit on the obnoxious side at times when you get some really loud ones.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote