Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #239
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
I found this on the web. Not a fan of the Camaro's nose.

I think it looks almost exactly like your render.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #240
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
From seeing this panel and matching it up with some of the renders that look plausible I'm comfortable in saying the car is going to be incredible but not enough to make me swap out my girl...

It'll be nice bench racing Mudstains on the Internet with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #241
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun1993 View Post
Link to video please?
There was no link just what you see here a still photo, sorry. Someone spelled Cruze incorrectly, I will fix that.

Last edited by spratleyea; 03-04-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: add a word
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #242
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I think it looks almost exactly like your render.
It's close, thanks.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 PM   #243
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Better look at official Camaro silhouette pics in Malibu release teaser

Here is a cleaned up version of the photo, enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #244
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Stepped it up in what ways?
I believe it is heavier and slower than previous gen.

Now, if you are referring to the gt350 and the R variant, ok, the flat plane crank is nice and they stepped up the looks vs. base and 5.0 versions.

The 5.0 is...meh, not sure how ford stepped it up on that one.

I'm not a racer and don't care about variables like how much heavier a car is, etc. As far as just a daily driver and buying a car for looks, appeal, etc is what I go buy. Yes, the GT350 is a lot more flashier car, but in gereneral, my opinion is the new Mustang, be it 5.0 or whatever is a damn nice looking car. In my opinion at least. GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro if you ask me. Now, I realize I'm talking to a bunch of Camaro purists and many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro. But, compared to the unchanged 2008 Challenger and the new Mustang, GM needs to step up their game is all I'm saying. They did a hell of a job with the new C7 so I know they are capable. I'm speaking solely from a design point of view, not performance like the bad ass Z28...so, everyone don't get their panties in a wad and send a lynch mob after me.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #245
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Buddy has a 15 GT PP. The more I see the front from far away, the less I like the way the car looks.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #246
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro? Wtf?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #247
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
my opinion is the new Mustang, be it 5.0 or whatever is a damn nice looking car. In my opinion at least. GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro if you ask me.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, To each their own, yada yada. Sure, if you love the looks, you love them, I just think the new stang isn't all that aesthetically appealing and that is me.

On the performance side, time will tell if they stepped it up or not, though I know you are not interested in performance.

crap on a stick..., this is a term i'd reserve for the 2015 stang

GM dropped the ball on 5th Gen...so if Camaro outsold Mustang in all those years, what did Ford do, hit it out of the park?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #248
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I'm not a racer and don't care about variables like how much heavier a car is, etc. As far as just a daily driver and buying a car for looks, appeal, etc is what I go buy. Yes, the GT350 is a lot more flashier car, but in gereneral, my opinion is the new Mustang, be it 5.0 or whatever is a damn nice looking car. In my opinion at least. GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro if you ask me. Now, I realize I'm talking to a bunch of Camaro purists and many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro. But, compared to the unchanged 2008 Challenger and the new Mustang, GM needs to step up their game is all I'm saying. They did a hell of a job with the new C7 so I know they are capable. I'm speaking solely from a design point of view, not performance like the bad ass Z28...so, everyone don't get their panties in a wad and send a lynch mob after me.
All I've got to say is Camaro outsold Mustang for pretty much all of the 5th gen's life span, even after the 5.0 was introduced, and the body was updated (rather nicely I'll say, as I'm no GM diehard as you'd love to believe).

So, apparently your opinion is on the minority. But hey...if you don't like it...that's just fine. I have no issue with that.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #249
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
In my opinion at least. GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro if you ask me. Now, I realize I'm talking to a bunch of Camaro purists and many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro. But, compared to the unchanged 2008 Challenger and the new Mustang, GM needs to step up their game is all I'm saying. They did a hell of a job with the new C7 so I know they are capable. I'm speaking solely from a design point of view, not performance like the bad ass Z28...so, everyone don't get their panties in a wad and send a lynch mob after me.
Well, the '72 Chevelle model was won of the worst years, all the emission stuff, just crap cars. Stock for stock, all 5th Gens would outrun and handle your car. My '70 Chevelle SS 396, with the motor welded down by chains, was bad ass. At least with the 5th gen, they carried some heritage forward. 5th Gen got plenty of style for me, that's why I bought one. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAR!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #250
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion as you stated. However sales numbers don't lie and as KMPrenger pointed out, the 5th gen has outsold the Mustang since it was brought back as a MY 2010 so that tells me more than just a couple people like the 5th gen. Now in MY opinion the new Mustang is a step back in the looks department. Front end looks great, side profile is a bit MEH, and the rear end is absolutely terrible. Way too aggressive of an angle for the tail lights, at the rate Ford is going the next gen Mustang's tail lights are going to be landing lights for approaching aircraft.

Now before you go and say I'm an ignorant GM fanboy, since the GT350 was announced (5.2L FPC, 8,000+ rpm, 500+ hp, etc) I have praised that car and I'm seriously considering it depending on how it actually performs and depending on what GM does with the performance 6th gens.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #251
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
performs and depending on what GM does with the performance 6th gens.
ahhh...where's the faith man? You know they are gonna bring it.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #252
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
ahhh...where's the faith man? You know they are gonna bring it.
Which is why I'm waiting.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation