#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #15
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
The inside of the M3/M4 is a lot more comfortable and luxury-oriented than the Camaro's.
I just got my 2SS 1LE a few weeks back to replace my 4. Been checking out some of the Ms at the dealership prior, also ZL1s.

Don't think I'd agree with the statement that an M3/4 is more comfortable and luxury orientated. I'd say a ZL-1 is right there. I think a lot of us are biased to say the german interior is better, but I think there's little to support that anymore.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #16
Todd_Cooperider

Drives: 2022 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I believe a congratulation is in order however, I'm sad to see you're letting the 911 Turbo S go. Its one of my personal favorite cars you can buy right now.

Can't wait to see a comparison between the two cars.
Thank you! Yeah, the Turbo S was hard to give up, and I'm sure in some ways I will miss it. But I simply like cars, and enjoy experiencing the differences between them. The company that I own specializes in exotics, but there's just something about the lure of good old fashioned American Muscle...particularly with how well the companies are doing right now with designing and manufacturing them.
Todd_Cooperider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #17
onfire

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Cooperider View Post
I just received word that my new ZL1 1LE is finished being built, and now I have the waiting game to play until it arrives. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

As the title says, I had a 2016 Z06/Z07, then I got a 991.2 Porsche Turbo S, and now the 1LE. Some may wonder how I could go "down" from the other cars, but I don't see it as that in the least bit.

The Vette was an amazing car indeed. It was fun on the street, great at the track, and it made for the perfect company showcase vehicle.

Once I moved it, I jumped up to the $200K+ Porsche Turbo S. With 0-60 times of just 2.6 seconds, it was absolutely insane. It was smooth, had all-wheel drive, looked mean, and it was a beast at the track (.04 seconds per lap quicker than the Z06). I loved the car, but it was almost too perfect with a "digital" feel to it. It was very easy to drive fast, but you simply couldn't be a hooligan in it like you could with the Z06.

Now with the 1LE, I plan to prove that I can have just as much fun, at 1/3rd of the price of the Porsche. It looks mean, sounds pissed off, and it too is a beast at the track. Other than smooth ride, and a little bit of quickness from 0-60, I don't see where I am "losing" anything.

We will be doing a series of videos (anywhere from 4-6) on the ZL1 1LE that I think everybody will enjoy.

I must admit...I'm more excited about getting the Camaro than I was waiting for the Porsche.

Hooligans rejoice...
I had a 2017 ZO6. Great car overall, but even though I'm 6'3" , I think the front belt line is too high. Always guessing (no camera) when pulling in to a parking place. How does the Porsche compare ? You would think the visibility would be better due to the engine location.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
Todd_Cooperider

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire View Post
I had a 2017 ZO6. Great car overall, but even though I'm 6'3" , I think the front belt line is too high. Always guessing (no camera) when pulling in to a parking place. How does the Porsche compare ? You would think the visibility would be better due to the engine location.
I had the front camera in my Z06, so I actually found it easier than the Turbo S. But if it didn't have the camera, the Porsche would have been easier. The front end is also shorter in the Porsche, making tight maneuvers a little more simple.

The one thing that I wish the Vette came with was the front lift option like I had in the Turbo...I would have paid extra for that option!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #19

Drives: 2018 zl1
Someone mentioned the grocery store: I took my zo6 to the grocery store. Take the zl1 too! Good excuse to drive it.They're all cars. You didn't go down a notch.
Driving this car though, everything has to go past me and get to the red light first!
91454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #20
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
A great car is a great car, no matter what the country of origin. I sold my GT3 for my ZL1. Both were excellent in their own way, but I have not looked back. Cash from the GT3 also frees up some money for some classic vintage cars. The ZL1 is a fast modern car which is fun at AutoX or the track. With the money saved, I can get about 3 classics to complement it.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:12 AM   #21
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Definitely excited to see the videos on it. I'm always watching your videos about detailing and they've helped me out a lot.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:42 AM   #22
Todd_Cooperider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
A great car is a great car, no matter what the country of origin. I sold my GT3 for my ZL1. Both were excellent in their own way, but I have not looked back. Cash from the GT3 also frees up some money for some classic vintage cars. The ZL1 is a fast modern car which is fun at AutoX or the track. With the money saved, I can get about 3 classics to complement it.
Great point indeed, and similar to my thoughts. I can have as much fun at 1/3rd the price, and allocate the leftover funds to other fun stuff!
Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 AM   #23
Todd_Cooperider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Definitely excited to see the videos on it. I'm always watching your videos about detailing and they've helped me out a lot.
Thanks for watching! If you like our videos, you're really going to like the ones we are doing with the new Camaro...
Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 AM   #24
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
As had been mentioned... "A great car is a great car".... Since 2011 here were my cars.... 2011 GT3RS (for 3yrs since new) then into a 2014 ZL1 then into a 2013 Anniversary ZR1 then into a 2015 ViperGT for 2.5yrs and this past December the ZL1 1LE. To-date the GT3RS was one of the ultimates out there at its time.... like a razor on wheels....the ViperGT darn close to it BUT each car had its own appeal, strengths and weakness. There is no point Up or Down, more of a trying something new.... Im am getting the break-in miles done before March1st so I can get into the HPDEs this year and that will tell-the-tail. (And my Gen5 ZL1 was pretty darn good on a road course....this machine should be unreal)

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #25
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Todd when did your car get built? Do you have a vin? I ask because mine was built last Thursday the last 8 are j0148711. Where can we see the videos of the car? What color did you get? I ordered Garnet red. Good luck with it. I am a fan of all things performance oriented and that goes beyond cars too. My wife’s daily is a BMW X5 3.5d with the msport pkg. I couldn’t convince her to go to the M but that’s because she knew she would probably have to drive my 2017 gmc all terrain 2500hd diesel if she did lol
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #26
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Don't think I'd agree with the statement that an M3/4 is more comfortable and luxury orientated. I'd say a ZL-1 is right there. I think a lot of us are biased to say the german interior is better, but I think there's little to support that anymore.
Different strokes and all. The 6th gen Camaro is a light year ahead of the 5th gen, but German sedan it is not.

That's fine though, as it's not meant to be.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #27
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91454 View Post
Driving this car though, everything has to go past me and get to the red light first!
Ain't that the truth. I'm not sure if it's envy, disdain from the average yahoo, or desire to show that "my car is as fast as your car" that results in this phenomenon. Funny thing is, once you pounce on it they want nothing to do with you afterward.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #28
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Different strokes and all. The 6th gen Camaro is a light year ahead of the 5th gen, but German sedan it is not.

That's fine though, as it's not meant to be.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote