Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 02-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
phaedrus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible, M6
ZL1 Vert Axles - Same as coupe?

Looking to replace/upgrade the axles on my 2018 ZL1 Convertible. Obviously our Verts don't have an e-diff... Are our axles the same dimensions as the coupes? I ordered a set from one of the more prominent vendors and the passenger side axle they sent me was 7/8" shorter than the OEM axle and obviously didn't work. I'm not sure if this vendor had a bad day or if our cars require a different length and this vendor didn't know it. Verts are rare, after all.

GForce hasn't launched their ZL1 axles yet and won't until mid-2020 when I spoke to them in late 2019, so trying them isn't an option yet.

Thanks in advance!
phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:39 AM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I have the same question, AFAIK the left side part number is the same, the left side for all ZL1 PN 846372865. I don't show a different shaft from the SS diff (no eLSD) and the vert 1le / ZL1. So I don't know, if you by chance to be under there it would be interesting to verify the axle shaft numbers. The stock left side SS no eLSD shaft is 84309457,
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, axles, axleshaft, convertible, convertibles