Camaro Model = 2019 SS 1LE
Date= 12/29/19
Tires= stock, Goodyear F1 SC3
Mods= none, car was bought new a week ago

Video:
bellwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #689
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
Track (which config if applicable)= Chuckwalla CW
Elapsed Time= 1:57.7
Camaro Model = 2019 SS 1LE
Date= 12/29/19
Tires= stock, Goodyear F1 SC3
Mods= none, car was bought new a week ago

Video:
Nice lap! Obvously not your first rodeo
Note that E-LSD needs a 1500 mile break in period of *moderate* driving... After which the diff fluid must be changed. If i were you I'd do it asap. It is likely a black sludge by now. Oh, a nice pooch in the pic Cheers and Happy New Year!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #690
bellwilliam

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Nice lap! Obvously not your first rodeo
Note that E-LSD needs a 1500 mile break in period of *moderate* driving... After which the diff fluid must be changed. If i were you I'd do it asap. It is likely a black sludge by now. Oh, a nice pooch in the pic Cheers and Happy New Year!

Thanks. It was driven 600 break-in miles on day 1 (purchased out of state). Oil, brake fluid and diff oil been changed on day 2 of ownership.and few more hundreds of hard mile on day 3. then more fluid change. This video was day 9 of ownership.
btw, owner is a friend. not my car the best kind !!
bellwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #691
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
Thanks. It was driven 600 break-in miles on day 1 (purchased out of state). Oil, brake fluid and diff oil been changed on day 2 of ownership.and few more hundreds of hard mile on day 3. then more fluid change. This video was day 9 of ownership.
btw, owner is a friend. not my car the best kind !!
Ha! She is ready fo go then Yep to the best kind, yet i am very glad to actually own one
Old 01-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #692
Stanimal

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Track = Sebring, FL
Elapsed Time= 2:21.99
Camaro Model = 2019 ZL1 1LE
Date = January 5, 2020
Tires = OE Goodyears, 4th track day
Mods = stock with track alignment and Castrol Racing brake fluid.

Track temps were in the high 60's. Hot tire pressures were 34-35psi.

Stanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #693
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatatony View Post
https://youtu.be/tCafG-3-yjE

1:28.4 around MSR Cresson 1.7 CW, I'm in a v6 1le, Hotchkis sway bars and vorshlag camber plates.
Trying my best to get into the 1:27, but I've hit a plateau with myself where I don't know where I can improve. Spent all day in the low to mid 1:28s, frustrating but fun nonetheless haha.
Good job! I have yet to drive the 1.7 CW
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #694
sean7454

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Sebring 1-5-20 with Chin.
Second session of the day, temp was around 52, car was making great power!

Best time 2:20.88 on stock tires and stock brake pads. Camber is at -2.7 front and -1.7 rear. Brembo HTC64 fluid.

Fastest lap begins around 7:40 min into the video

sean7454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #695
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean7454 View Post

Best time 2:20.88 on stock tires and stock brake pads. Camber is at -2.7 front and -1.7 rear. Brembo HTC64 fluid.

Fastest lap begins around 7:40 min into the video

Nice lap!

Zle? What’s all done to the car?
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #696
sean7454

Regular ZL1, 2019.
Nothing done to the car except the camber and brake fluid.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #697
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:

Great lap!
YouTube Channel
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #698
TrackClub

Quote:
Regular ZL1, 2019.
Nothing done to the car except the camber and brake fluid.
Awesome lap! That A10 seems almost telepathic
I suppose those 3 Pcars that passed ya where Cup cars?
Interesting you switched her to Tour on a cool down lap.
Congrats! That's just 1+ seconds behind a ZL1 1LE on A7s....clearly not your first rodeo, eh?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:02 PM   #699
sean7454

The transmission is brilliant, I can't say that enough. HAHA, yes there was some real serious iron out there, lots of cup cars, a GT2RS, and some seriously well driven GT3RS's by a few German guys who I have driven against at VIR.

I usually switch to a lower mapping at the cool down lap to lower the revs for shifting and help cool down the transmission (which was sitting at 230 after this session). I used to do the same thing in my Cayman R turning off Sport+.

No, I have been at this for about 6 years now. Started with a Miata, then turbocharged it and turned a really reliable car into a really unreliable car. Sold the Miata and bought the Cayman R. Took a somewhat valuable car (in Porsche-land) and proceeded to beat the crap out of it for 4 years on track. 300 track hours, an engine rebuild and 3 PDK's later...I sold that also.

I spent about 9 months researching what to get. Spent what seems like countless hours working on track cars and repairing or replacing expensive and sometimes unavailable specialty race parts, usually at the track after I spent money getting there, hotels, etc.

I kept coming back to the Camaro. Being a long time lurker on this forum and the wealth of knowledge you guys possess, really helped my decision. The goal was to get a car that hits my new motto 'Stop trying to make a car faster, just buy a faster car'. All the money I spent upgrading brakes, suspensions, aero, power adders, the list goes on and on. At the end the Cayman R was a full race car, which destroyed whatever value it ever had.

I know some will bring up the 'buy' vs 'built' argument, but I figure I have done my penance. Became really tired of working on track cars.

This Camaro is a little over 5 seconds faster at Sebring than the 'competition' Cayman, and that is only my second time on track with it. So when I tell you this car is brilliant, I mean that with everything in my soul.

I trailer it to the track but when I get it back home I don't have to swap off slicks, or change out really noisy race pads, and the AC and cooled seats work perfect!
I can drive this thing to work in serenity.

The car is amazing, I just wish more people realized that. Everyone of my friends looked at me like I had a hole in my head when I told them I bought a Camaro. Their only idea of a Camaro is the one the bully in high school drove.
Anyone who likes to have fun on a track who doesn't look seriously at this car is missing out on a lot.

Last edited by sean7454; 01-10-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #700
TrackClub

Quote:
The transmission is brilliant, I can't say that enough. HAHA, yes there was some real serious iron out there, lots of cup cars, a GT2RS, and some seriously well driven GT3RS's by a few German guys who I have driven against at VIR.

I usually switch to a lower mapping at the cool down lap to lower the revs for shifting and help cool down the transmission (which was sitting at 230 after this session). I used to do the same thing in my Cayman R turning off Sport+.

No, I have been at this for about 6 years now. Started with a Miata, then turbocharged it and turned a really reliable car into a really unreliable car. Sold the Miata and bought the Cayman R. Took a somewhat valuable car (in Porsche-land) and proceeded to beat the crap out of it for 4 years on track. 300 track hours, an engine rebuild and 3 PDK's later...I sold that also.

I spent about 9 months researching what to get. Spent what seems like countless hours working on track cars and repairing or replacing expensive and sometimes unavailable specialty race parts, usually at the track after I spent money getting there, hotels, etc.

I kept coming back to the Camaro. Being a long time lurker on this forum and the wealth of knowledge you guys possess, really helped my decision. The goal was to get a car that hits my new motto 'Stop trying to make a car faster, just buy a faster car'. All the money I spent upgrading brakes, suspensions, aero, power adders, the list goes on and on. At the end the Cayman R was a full race car, which destroyed whatever value it ever had.

I know some will bring up the 'buy' vs 'built' argument, but I figure I have done my penance. Became really tired of working on track cars.

This Camaro is a little over 5 seconds faster at Sebring than the 'competition' Cayman, and that is only my second time on track with it. So when I tell you this car is brilliant, I mean that with everything in my soul.

I trailer it to the track but when I get it back home I don't have to swap off slicks, or change out really noisy race pads, and the AC and cooled seats work perfect!
I can drive this thing to work in serenity.

The car is amazing, I just wish more people realized that. Everyone of my friends looked at me like I had a hole in my head when I told them I bought a Camaro. Their only idea of a Camaro is the one the bully in high school drove.
Anyone who likes to have fun on a track who doesn't look seriously at this car is missing out on a lot.
Words of wisdom

It took me a couple of hundred track hrs to realise that it is much more fun learning the craft and getting faster by actually driving (ain't this THE point?!) vs modding. Much cheaper too (including residual value).

3 yrs ago i decided to change the strategy from a full blown trailer queen to a capable stock car with full warranty and havent regretted it. I am at the point of switching to a new car soon (part of the new strategy) and your vid brought a ZL1 back into my mind (again). Especially with an A10. So, thanks for that

Funny you should mention a high school bully with a Camaro, as a well driven gen6 Camaro is one heck of a bully: on a track! Enjoy your car and post more vids as your season progresses.
Cheers!

PS 230F for an A10 is that good or bad? I have no idea as i never had to monitor tranny temps.