Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 10-31-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
mjk923

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS Convertible
Windscreen Review--Is it Worth it?

Just got my new 2016 2SS convertible. Planning on mostly top down driving. Not my daily driver. The GM windscreen is quite expensive. Aftermarket options look sketchy. How much of an improvement is it, is it worth it? Any comments appreciated.

UPDATE-- I bought it and really tested it out last week. I live near Portland Oregon which is famous for clouds and rain. But last Wed., Thurs., we had a massive heat wave. 85 and sunny. Took it out to the high desert for some windscreen testing. No one for miles Wed. afternoon. Ran it up to 125 and still quiet inside. The most amazing part of the run is if you are cruising along at 90 and mash it, it's like getting launched. You think its gonna spin the tires! A very enjoyable day.

Last edited by mjk923; 05-06-2017 at 08:36 AM.
mjk923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Worth it. Every. It as good as the factory BMW 3 series screen that sells for similar $

I found it for around $400 shipped no tax. Not so bad.

Transforms the car. Makes it completely useable with top down at 70mph.
Get one. You won't be disappointed. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the car !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #3
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
It works very well.
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Worth it. Every. It as good as the factory BMW 3 series screen that sells for similar $

I found it for around $400 shipped no tax. Not so bad.

Transforms the car. Makes it completely useable with top down at 70mph.
Get one. You won't be disappointed. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the car !
"Completely usable"? I've had the top down at 75-85 mph & didn't think the wind noise was that bad. Please explain what you don't like about it with the top down at higher speeds & what difference the windscreen makes.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #5
Chickenshift

Drives: Nissan titan
I really like mine. It considerably decreases the wind turbulence at speed. Even at 80 miles an hour there is very little turbulence. Without it, you get a lot of wind coming in from behind your head. It is extremely simple to install or take out. Takes me about 15 seconds. Folding it is kind of a pain but when I take it out I usually just stand it in the garage. It can remain in place with the top up or down. The only time I take mine out is when I have passengers in the rear seat.
Chickenshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
Biggdummy

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss vert
It's worth it! It even looks nice.
Biggdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I am close to pulling the trigger on this wind screen. Only concern I have is how it fits with the seat all the way back. I am a tall guy and drive with the seat back so far that the back of my seat touches the front of the back seat so there is zero leg room. I also have it reclined somewhat. I am trying to determine if that position is blocking the alignment between the two mounting dimples on the sides which may not allow for a proper installation. Does anyone own this wind screen and drive with the seat fully back? Thanks.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
I am close to pulling the trigger on this wind screen. Only concern I have is how it fits with the seat all the way back. I am a tall guy and drive with the seat back so far that the back of my seat touches the front of the back seat so there is zero leg room. I also have it reclined somewhat. I am trying to determine if that position is blocking the alignment between the two mounting dimples on the sides which may not allow for a proper installation. Does anyone own this wind screen and drive with the seat fully back? Thanks.
I drive with it all the way back and a bit of recline. No problem. Probably a little more than an inch of clearance with the seat in the exit mode, down and back. It kills the wind pretty good unless there is a strong cross wind. On cooler days we just roll up the windows, even though I don't like how that looks.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I drive with it all the way back and a bit of recline. No problem. Probably a little more than an inch of clearance with the seat in the exit mode, down and back. It kills the wind pretty good unless there is a strong cross wind. On cooler days we just roll up the windows, even though I don't like how that looks.
Thanks for the data!! Definitely helps me pull the trigger. Just wish there was a FIFTY version of this but can't find one.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #10
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
It fits perfect whatever seat position. I love it with the windows up on them colder days and heater going your cab stays nicer than without it. Stops that rear to front wind blast on you.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
slather

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS convertible
Yes, it works.

Last edited by slather; 01-29-2017 at 03:21 PM.
slather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #12
Camaro6Dave
LATENIGHTWDAVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Just got the factory windscreen for my 2016 Camaro 2SS convertible, big improvement on the wind swirling around in the cockpit. The only complaint is that the instructions that I got with mine suck.

I figured out the install, but my only question is when you want to put the windscreen down do you just push it down, or do you need to push in a button/tab before putting it down???
Camaro6Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #13
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro6Dave View Post
Just got the factory windscreen for my 2016 Camaro 2SS convertible, big improvement on the wind swirling around in the cockpit. The only complaint is that the instructions that I got with mine suck.

I figured out the install, but my only question is when you want to put the windscreen down do you just push it down, or do you need to push in a button/tab before putting it down???
When I want to fold it back when the top is up, I just push back on the cross bar at the top and it goes right on back.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #14
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Top down at 70 if I put up the windows zero wind in the cabin. Windows Dow about 70% less.
Dealer said I'd love it when I bought my 17. Said if I didn't he'd buy it back for what he charged me. Needless to say I still have it.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote