Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #99
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Don't get me started on that bs. I do not care what the EPA makes GM state the life of the transmission oil is. 100K is FAR too many miles for any transmission fluid to have to survive. I rebuild automatics quite often due to fluid failure. And why would you not want to check the level???? Sealed units can still leak without a sign in the driveway.
Agreed! I would like to check the fluid level obviously and being able to see the condition of the fluid is pretty vital in my mind. My tranny fluid won't stay in anywhere near that long. I'm at 25000 or so miles and will likely change it next Spring for good measure.

I couldn't believe it when i first went to check it and there was no dipstick...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:09 AM   #100
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Wow. This thread took a turn for the worst I feel...

Sorry OP(Mr. Stacy), this is turning into a zoo of hate! I for one support what you do because not many others go out of their way to help complete strangers over a car forum. Props to you brotha, just hang in there a little while longer this "storm" will be over soon...
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #101
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Agreed! I would like to check the fluid level obviously and being able to see the condition of the fluid is pretty vital in my mind. My tranny fluid won't stay in anywhere near that long. I'm at 25000 or so miles and will likely change it next Spring for good measure.

I couldn't believe it when i first went to check it and there was no dipstick...
Thinking of having this done as I am just over 50k now.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #102
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Warranty has more to do with potential profits than product quality. Iacocca was one of the first to offer a long warranty with POS K-cars. The idea is that the increase in revenue, via increased sales, that results from increased consumer confidence in the product will more than offset any increase in warranty claims.

Harbor Freight and Snap-On both have lifetime warranties on hand tools, but the quality difference is enormous.

Of course you want the longest warranty a company will offer for the product you are looking for, but long warranties don't guarantee quality. Sometimes top brands are worth the extra money just so you know what your getting. Top brands that don't earn that premium with better service and support are headed for disaster.

I wonder if the stock will jump after July sales as that month has 5 weekends in it this year.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 06-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #103
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Warranty has more to do with potential profits than product quality. Iacocca was one of the first to offer a long warranty with POS K-cars. The idea is that the increase in revenue, via increased sales, that results from increased consumer confidence in the product will more than offset any increase in warranty claims.

Harbor Freight and Snap-On both have lifetime warranties on hand tools, but the quality difference is enormous.

Of course you want the longest warranty a company will offer for the product you are looking for, but long warranties don't guarantee quality. Sometimes top brands are worth the extra money just so you know what your getting. Top brands that don't earn that premium with better service and support are headed for disaster.
There was a time when Craftsman (Sears) were the best tools you could buy. Not sure that's still the case considering the current issues with the Kmart/Sears company.

When I worked at the Chevron, we'd get our tools from the Snap-On guy. Amazing quality.

Harbor Freight has some real crap, but also has some really good stuff. Bought a set of swivel head ratcheting wrenches to remove my intake and they are really not too shabby. The set of 4 cost less than a single brand name wrench of the same type...
Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #104
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
As for stock values I would think lower sales volumes would be fine provided they were making money off of what they sold. I agree with them not selling the cars for rentals if it isn't profitable...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #105
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I posted something back in 2013, too lazy to find it.
Went something like this....
GM will redesign the Camaro into distinction like they did earlier.
Those 10 or 11 disciples are either dumb, clueless, yes men or gm didn't listen to them.
Design team and marketing should be fired. I know they are targeting the 25 to 35 crowd.
How do you target them without a usable back seat? I was that age once. We all piled into a car and had fun, cant do that in a 2016. Horsepower? Remember when the 2010 came out, we bested ford by 100 HP, that's how you SELL a car!! Pricing...OMFG, you can hit almost 50k on a 2ss, Really???????

Sure they dropped the weight, car is smaller now!!! No great feat there.

Wake up GM!! There is a reason that us 5th Gen people are not jumping into a 6th Gen.

End of rant
-Bobby
Old 06-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #106
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
As for stock values I would think lower sales volumes would be fine provided they were making money off of what they sold. I agree with them not selling the cars for rentals if it isn't profitable...
If it isn't just lip service. Why did selling rentals make sense before? My company does Business to Business all the time and while not as profitable as retail, it's still VERY profitable because of the shear size of the deals.

Stock is down more than 18% over two years. Hard to explain that away due to fluctuations...

Regardless, I don't think they're going anywhere soon. Maybe there will be a sales incentive soon?
Old 06-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #107
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I posted something back in 2013, too lazy to find it.
Went something like this....
GM will redesign the Camaro into distinction like they did earlier.
Those 10 or 11 disciples are either dumb, clueless, yes men or gm didn't listen to them.
Design team and marketing should be fired. I know they are targeting the 25 to 35 crowd.
How do you target them without a usable back seat? I was that age once. We all piled into a car and had fun, cant do that in a 2016. Horsepower? Remember when the 2010 came out, we bested ford by 100 HP, that's how you SELL a car!! Pricing...OMFG, you can hit almost 50k on a 2ss, Really???????

Sure they dropped the weight, car is smaller now!!! No great feat there.

Wake up GM!! There is a reason that us 5th Gen people are not jumping into a 6th Gen.

End of rant
-Bobby
Camaro is only about 2 or 3 percent of GM sales.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #108
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
If it isn't just lip service. Why did selling rentals make sense before? My company does Business to Business all the time and while not as profitable as retail, it's still VERY profitable because of the shear size of the deals.

Stock is down more than 18% over two years. Hard to explain that away due to fluctuations...

Regardless, I don't think they're going anywhere soon. Maybe there will be a sales incentive soon?
Not sure if this is what has happened, but to answer your question regarding why rental sales might have been good before and might not be good now is if the demand for non rental sales has increased to a point where the rental sales needs to be reduced to meet this new non-rental demand due to capacity limitations. There are many other business models where reducing less profitable sales can have a very positive effect on the bottom line. Just sayin.....
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #109
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Not sure if this is what has happened, but to answer your question regarding why rental sales might have been good before and might not be good now is if the demand for non rental sales has increased to a point where the rental sales needs to be reduced to meet this new non-rental demand due to capacity limitations. There are many other business models where reducing less profitable sales can have a very positive effect on the bottom line. Just sayin.....
Probably correct as retail is up about 3% I think....
Old 06-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #110
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
2015 was a record year for the auto industry. This is when it helps to be a stock analyst. Cyclical companies like auto companies are often most expensive when they appear the cheapest. GM and F set record highs in 2015, and now they're down. But everyone is down. At least they're not losing billions like Tesla.

That's the problem with car sales - when you have a banner year and sell tons of new cars, you run out of customers for a few years...because everyone has a new car!
Old 06-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #111
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
It's an election year and everyone tightens the grip on their cash out of uncertainty. Happens every time there will be a new President.

Edit: Having said that, the gen6 is overpriced.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #112
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
It's an election year and everyone tightens the grip on their cash out of uncertainty. Happens every time there will be a new President.

Edit: Having said that, the gen6 is overpriced.