Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 02-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #71
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
That's probably because he has been making Big Bank for years, knows he only has a year or 2 in tank and doesn't wasn't to get Trashed by the Saints Fans.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #72
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That's probably because he has been making Big Bank for years, knows he only has a year or 2 in tank and doesn't wasn't to get Trashed by the Saints Fans.
I don't know, if I was a Saints fan, and the only QB to ever bring my city a Lombardi, i'd say give him whatever he wants. lol
Old 02-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #73
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
probably feels more money for other players gives him a better chance at a 2nd ring
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:21 AM   #74
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I do firmly believe that about 45% of the reason why the Patriots have been so good is because they play in a weak division. The Bills finally made the playoffs after almost 20 years. They haven't won the division since...1995? The Jets have won the division twice since 2003. The Dolphins? Once..

Meanwhile, in the AFC South, every team has won the division at least once in the last 18 years. Every team except the Jaguars has won it at least 3x. All the teams in the division have made the AFC Championship game in the last 20 years except the Texans, altho they did make the divisional rounds several times.

You bring up the Texans and Colts going 4-12....the Colts went 4-9 in games they had a lead in either the 3rd or 4th quarter....and that was with a backup QB that barely knew the offense. As for the Texans, they won the division last year and won a playoff game as well. They had a brand new QB that had the team rolling until an unfortunate ACL injury.

Yet, both the Titans and Jaguars made the playoffs.

The East has been open...the Patriots have had seasons where they went 3-3 in the division multiple times...unfortunately...the teams fell apart after mid-season. Put New England in the AFC West or North...and I can promise you that they don't go to the playoffs for 5-6 years in a row as division champs....same goes for the AFC South as well...

LOL just saw that, for the record, not once in Brady Belichick era did they ever lose 3 in the division...... and please tell me which of the teams in those other divisions the Pats struggle with...or even have a losing record to, so much that they couldn't win the division 5 or 6 times in a row?
Not saying they definitely would....but you seem pretty positive they wouldn't.

Last edited by 3 SS's; 02-23-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #75
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
LOL just saw that, for the record, not once in Brady Belichick era did they ever lose 3 in the division...... and please tell me which of the teams in those other divisions the Pats struggle with...or even have a losing record to, so much that they couldn't win the division 5 or 6 times in a row?
Not saying they definitely would....but you seem pretty positive they wouldn't.

I stand corrected, they have never gone 3-3. However, they've gone 4-2 a lot. Still, that's a lot of wins extra versus fewer losses.

As for the other divisions, its simple facts really. The AFC East has been crap since 2002. You've had one "decent" QB in that division not named Brady that's lasted more than maybe 2-3 years in that division in Tannehill. I'm not going to count Favre's one year run as the QB for the Jets, but ironically, that's one of the two times in the last 16 seasons the Patriots didn't win the division.

As for the other divisions, you would have Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco...etc etc etc.. which makes a massive difference. If you look at the playoff teams over the last 10 years....you see the AFC West and AFC North routinely putting in two teams. Pretty sure they even managed to get 3 in one or two years as well.

Imagine having to play the Steelers and the Ravens twice in the regular season...that's 4 games against teams that are routine playoff contenders. The Ravens have beaten the Patriots as many times in recent memory as the Patriots have beaten the Ravens. The Steelers and Patriots are more one-sided in favor of the Pats...but they've all mostly been hard-hitting close fought games... it just changes the way things are in the division.

And there has been no team, in recent memory, that has dominated a division like the Patriots has in the last 20 years. In fact, ever since the Buffalo Bills failed to win a SB, they've been a joke of a franchise. The Jets are always a team that underachieves....and the Dolphins haven't been anything since Marino retired.... so you don't think that playing crap teams has nothing to do with how things play out? Instead of going 13-3 and 14-2...imagine going 10-6....that drastically changes playoff runs...which in turn adds chances for injuries...
Old 02-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #76
3 SS's

Pennington deserves a mention in your AFC East QB's, more so than Tannehill
Old 02-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #77
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Pennington deserves a mention in your AFC East QB's, more so than Tannehill
I'd agree he deserves a nod, but I still think Tannehill is the second best QB to enter the division since 2004. Pennington was okay, but his early shoulder injury pretty much destroyed his career. He was a gutsy player, I respect the absolute crap out of him....but he was never what I'd call more than a tier 2 QB.

The Pats would still be a tough team...but they just wouldnt have 8 SB appearances if they played in any other AFC division but the East...even the South is stronger than the East (not every year, but most years).
Old 02-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #78
PoorMansCamaro

Johnny Manziel willing to play on a practice squad and earn $0 guaranteed money. Guy is desperate.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #79
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Johnny Manziel willing to play on a practice squad and earn $0 guaranteed money. Guy is desperate.
If only Lithuania had a football league...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #80
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I stand corrected, they have never gone 3-3. However, they've gone 4-2 a lot. Still, that's a lot of wins extra versus fewer losses.

As for the other divisions, its simple facts really. The AFC East has been crap since 2002. You've had one "decent" QB in that division not named Brady that's lasted more than maybe 2-3 years in that division in Tannehill. I'm not going to count Favre's one year run as the QB for the Jets, but ironically, that's one of the two times in the last 16 seasons the Patriots didn't win the division.

As for the other divisions, you would have Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco...etc etc etc.. which makes a massive difference. If you look at the playoff teams over the last 10 years....you see the AFC West and AFC North routinely putting in two teams. Pretty sure they even managed to get 3 in one or two years as well.

Imagine having to play the Steelers and the Ravens twice in the regular season...that's 4 games against teams that are routine playoff contenders. The Ravens have beaten the Patriots as many times in recent memory as the Patriots have beaten the Ravens. The Steelers and Patriots are more one-sided in favor of the Pats...but they've all mostly been hard-hitting close fought games... it just changes the way things are in the division.

And there has been no team, in recent memory, that has dominated a division like the Patriots has in the last 20 years. In fact, ever since the Buffalo Bills failed to win a SB, they've been a joke of a franchise. The Jets are always a team that underachieves....and the Dolphins haven't been anything since Marino retired.... so you don't think that playing crap teams has nothing to do with how things play out? Instead of going 13-3 and 14-2...imagine going 10-6....that drastically changes playoff runs...which in turn adds chances for injuries...
You say that, but look at Brady’s W/L vs the other divisions. And the last couple of years I’m pretty sure that the AFC east was actually one of the most winning divisions in total wins BESIDES the divisions winners, and that’s including all the losses those teams usually get from the patriots. I’ve heard this argument many times, but their consistency is not because the division is bad. It is the foundation from owner, coach, and the best QB to play the game. And at this point I think it would be pretty foolish to say he isn’t. “Joe Montana is better, he was undefeated in Super Bowls”. Okay, he also went one in done in the playoffs too. Would still rather get there 8 times and win only 5. It’s pretty astonishing if you think about it. Even if I’m a biased fan. Half of his starting career he’s been to the Super Bowl. (Not counting 2008 where he didn’t play.)

But the end is soon near. Though I hate to admit it, I’m also glad I grew up watching this guy and this team. It’s been awesome and I’ll never forget it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...adTo00/splits/
Old 02-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #81
PoorMansCamaro

As a pats fan, I'd try to forget about how they made a few of those SB as well, and dub them the greatest franchise in the history of football with the greatest QB of all time, as well. Just plug my ears and say everyone is a hater if they don't agree with me.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #82
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
As a pats fan, I'd try to forget about how they made a few of those SB as well, and dub them the greatest franchise in the history of football with the greatest QB of all time, as well. Just plug my ears and say everyone is a hater if they don't agree with me.
please explain ?...oh wait, they cheated fool

Last edited by 3 SS's; 03-01-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #83
PoorMansCamaro

must have forgot the tuck rule. which even with that rule, brady's arm stopped going forward at the time of the fumble. you can argue until you are blue in the face, but even brady thought it was a fumble. keep up with the name calling as well. Maybe grow up?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #84
PoorMansCamaro

also, I'm not the fool for thinking they are cheaters, when the league fined them heavily. They aren't going to fine the whole organization if it was no big deal and get rid of the tapes before you can say "Tom Brady is GOAT".