Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #617
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Update. I was finally able to get my Camaro back on Tuesday after school/work. The dealership was finally able to get their issues resolved with GM, and it was decided that the install of the GM CAI would be done Tuesday Morning. The GM techs and the Lead Tech at the dealership would do the install together over the phone or a online communication network. This was the First GM CAI to be done by the dealership, so my Camaro was their very first. The install and Tune were done without any problems or issues. So far the car's system is relearning, and I have been informed to make a good road trip with the car as soon as I can, which I will be doing this weekend when I drive up to my son's place in Murrieta, CA.
crazy, did it myself in 20min and just had the dealer flash the tune. Its a bolt on, easy install.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:13 AM   #618
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I decided to have the dealership do the install because New owners had just purchased said dealership. I had a very good relationship with the prior owners and I wanted to maintain that with the new owners. So I had them do the whole job, this way there can be NO one saying that I messed up something on the install of the CAI.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #619
MemoTRCKSS
Memosanchez22

Drives: 2016Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Compared map files in HP Tuner between the factory SS map and the GM CAI map applied at the dealership. The only change to the map is in the MAF Calibration table for Airflow vs. Frequency.

Here are the changes in the factory SS tune and the tune provided by GM for their CAI.

First Stock:

GMPP CAI:

I have the MAF calibration changes saved to an excel, but don't know how to post tables here and also considering this impacts emissions it may not be a good thing to share.

What I can relay is that almost every single cell of the calibration table is changed by a decent amount. The charts may not show it clearly, but GM is expecting this intake to flow more at all Hz values. The axis values are also changed with the CAI having higher axis values.

How that translates to power is up to the dyno and track results, but I now understand why Tim at EFI has been so on board with rotofab and not skewing MAF tables.
so youre saying rotofab is a better choice
MemoTRCKSS is offline   Reply With Quote