Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Vitesse Motorsports. Bad experience, will not be dealing with them again.

Link to original post.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=1#post9096755
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
The1DoubleN
Banned

Drives: Blown up '16 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Why is cross posting necessary? Pick a forum dude
The1DoubleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Customer ordered his Controller on Friday April 22nd and then sent an email asking to ship "Next Day Air" because he was leaving town and wanted it by Saturday !
After sending him a reply the very same day on April 22nd that there was a small delay, that we had to wait for extra Harnesses to arrive.

We shipped the package on April 27th

Sent customer Tracking details on April 28th
Customer sent an email asking if he could pickup up the item instead of waiting for the package to arrive by mail.

Customer gave us a different shipping address than first one and wanted another Controller shipped ASAP. At that time the first package was still at his local post office so we didn't know it was "Incomplete address" or else.
I explained the customer that we have to wait until we receive the returned package then we could issue the refund.

Today, we have finally received the package that took 3 weeks since the shipping day: April 27th till today May 18th.

We have issued the refund already.

We've checked with the post office and they think that it's an "Undeliverable address" or no one lives there"
That explains why customer provided a different address.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:47 AM   #4
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Gotta say, as much as I feel like these "controllers" are complete BS, a 5 day till shipping time is more BS.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Gotta say, as much as I feel like these "controllers" are complete BS, a 5 day till shipping time is more BS.
Have you tried one before ?
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
5 days to shipping time on a part for a car that's been out for only a few months is actually pretty good IMO. There are still plenty of parts for the 5th gen that wouldn't ship that fast. Man, come on guys, you aren't ordering a sandwich

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
5 days to shipping time on a part for a car that's been out for only a few months is actually pretty good IMO. There are still plenty of parts for the 5th gen that wouldn't ship that fast. Man, come on guys, you aren't ordering a sandwich

All the best,

Jared Royce
I understand this point, but you also have to remember we live in an world where e-commerce = 2 day shipping on average...

*Parts made to order please expect XXXX time for shipping should be properly disclosed, and the likes. Inventory should be updated in real time. No reason for a vendor to sell an item when he can't ship the same day. Technology simply is too far ahead to not have real time inventory to let the consumer know there will be a delay in shipping/production. I can go for hours! Just because the industry has a 7 day shipping time, does not mean it is correct. Just means logistics are not properly in place throughout. Plenty of car parts I can order from Amazon with 2 day shipping guarantee ...

Example, this vendor did not have the complete parts needed for production.. He gave me two days in which the parts might arrive... Saturday or Monday... Him not knowing when the parts arrive because his vendor could not give a set time trickled down to the end consumer.. This affects everyone up the chain..

I've dealt with vendors who still use UPS ground, and ship from California; when you can get a USPS priority flat rate shipping box that cost the same price up to XXX pounds and guarantee's 2 day shipping...

As far as this goes. It's over and done with. I was not a satisfied client, expressed my voice and happily allow the vendor to state his version.. Seems like this forum is only to talk positive about vendors. But when you say one negative thing you're the bad person. Vendor did not handle this the way I feel it should be handled, and to tell the customer he needs to pay $7 to re-ship just sounds petty, amongst things.

I'll live
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote