Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #71
P.O.S.T.IX

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty 6 Speed
I am starting to look into this also, for my clarification, it seems like all they exhausts talked about are axle back?

also the Borla from what i understand is a good middle ground between stock exhaust with single tips on either side and deafeningly loud with quad tips?

And the rear valance/defuser/cover is hit or miss on being painted? isnt it normaly just a black plastic that is unpainted on the cars, at least my single exhust one is
P.O.S.T.IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #72
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I have damaged my rear fascia and I have a 2017 SS with NPP exhaust. I remember reading on this forum of a rear fascia(diffuser) that comes painted satin glossy black from the factory, but I can't find the part no. Does anyone know the part No# for the painted quad tip rear fascia ?

I know GM #23404791 is the fascia for the quad tip NPP exhaust, but it is not painted.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #73
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
If you go the no muffler route, what’s the longest quad tip that can comfortably fit, 12” long? 18” long?

Example
https://www.carid.com/different-tren...dt-30483l.html
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:42 AM   #74
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbu View Post
I have damaged my rear fascia and I have a 2017 SS with NPP exhaust. I remember reading on this forum of a rear fascia(diffuser) that comes painted satin glossy black from the factory, but I can't find the part no. Does anyone know the part No# for the painted quad tip rear fascia ?

I know GM #23404791 is the fascia for the quad tip NPP exhaust, but it is not painted.
When I purchased mine in 2016 it came unpainted. I had the body shop paint it & install it along with the mufflers. Still looks great.

Don’t know of any that come pre-painted.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #75
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Best bang for the buck is a used stock NPP (quad tip) and add a quad tip fascia. When the stock NPP is not hooked up to valves the flaps stay open. Sounds just as good as any after-market. Might be a little hard to find. I took mine off my NPP car and went SW NPP cause the stock sounds like crap with long tubes.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote