Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller

I just got this in the mail today before I had to go to work. I didn't have time to install it as I was running late. I'll install it tonight when I get home unless I'm mandated to do overtime, in which case it will have to wait till the following day. If anyone is unfamiliar with this mod it has been stated that this is the best bang for your buck mod by many in the 5th gen crowd including myself. The seat of your pants difference is incredible. See this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380064

Unfortunately a storm is coming tonight and it will rain for the next 3-4 days so I'm not sure I'll be able to test it but I will try. This is not something you would want at the higher settings if there's inclement weather. If this is anything like what it was on my 5th gen, I'll be grinning ear to ear with it at the mid to high settings. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5982
Size:  158.4 KB
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
All it is basically is a TPS sensitivity adjuster, not sure what the big deal is lol...

While the stock throttle can be a tad laggy, it's done for safety reasons. A throttle that's too sensitive can give the illusion of "more power", but can be overkill. Especially if you have to drive in snow or rain. I could mess with this on my Coyote I just sold via my tune. How much is this thing? As a tune can do this plus a multitude of other things.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Looking forward to seeing if this works with the 6th gen. Did you call them to confirm?
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
All it is basically is a TPS sensitivity adjuster, not sure what the big deal is lol...

While the stock throttle can be a tad laggy, it's done for safety reasons. A throttle that's too sensitive can give the illusion of "more power", but can be overkill. Especially if you have to drive in snow or rain. I could mess with this on my Coyote I just sold via my tune. How much is this thing? As a tune can do this plus a multitude of other things.
it is $179. I drove a 1LE with one and he set it at stock and than put it at 4, good lord it made a huge difference. It felt like an entirely different car in a good way.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #5
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Looking forward to seeing if this works with the 6th gen. Did you call them to confirm?
I talked to Ahmed during the Christmas weekend and he confirmed it will work on the 6th gen. They have not updated their website. I asked him to send me PayPal invoice but the quicker way to do it is to order the model that is for the 2014 and up Corvette stingray.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
it is $179. I drove a 1LE with one and he set it at stock and than put it at 4, good lord it made a huge difference. It felt like an entirely different car in a good way.
I personally would rather put that $179 towards a legit tune ($500 or so), that can do what this thing does, plus much, much more.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #7
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
I personally would rather put that $179 towards a legit tune ($500 or so), that can do what this thing does, plus much, much more.
This dosen't void your warranty. A tune will.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Exactly!
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #9
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:

I thought the exact same way you did before getting this on my 5th gen and I had a tune on mine also. This was light years better at improving throttle lag and you can adjust to your preferences so it isn't overkill on bad weather days. Surprisingly my mpgs actually went up after I installed this. This was the one mod I missed the most going from a gen5 to Gen6. Plus, I don't think a tune will let you adjust pedal sensitivity on the fly. If you get this plus a tune......amazing. I had both on my last ride.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
A tune doesn't void your warranty unless they can prove it was the cause of the specific issue. Also depends on your dealer, as I've brought my modded cars to my dealers with not one problem ever. Even so, I've tuned my past five cars within six months of ownership, a good tune can transform these cars (especially if you have an auto) like you wouldn't believe, and remove throttle lag, and set the throttle sensitivity however you want.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
I thought the exact same way you did before getting this on my 5th gen and I had a tune on mine also. This was light years better at improving throttle lag and you can adjust to your preferences so it isn't overkill on bad weather days. Surprisingly my mpgs actually went up after I installed this. This was the one mod I missed the most going from a gen5 to Gen6. Plus, I don't think a tune will let you adjust pedal sensitivity on the fly. If you get this plus a tune......amazing. I had both on last ride.
I am open to trying this on top of a tune if my tuner thinks it's worth it. Curious to your feedback on the 6th gen.

How quickly can this unit be totally removed?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:30 PM   #12
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
A tune doesn't void your warranty unless they can prove it was the cause of the specific issue.
Good luck with that. If GM can detect the factory tune was changed and it wasn't done by a dealer they will deny any warranty claim for major mechanical failure.

I've read many stories about guys with C6 Z06 cars that dropped valves and had warranty claims denied because the car was tuned. If your dealer is mod friendly then your lucky as most are not.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #13
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
I am open to trying this on top of a tune if my tuner thinks it's worth it. Curious to your feedback on the 6th gen.

How quickly can this unit be totally removed?
I know this sounds funny but it depends how big you are. I'm 5'6" 150 pounds. It's easy for me to get into the footwell to access the accelerator pedal. It's literally 10 minutes to attach it to the existing harness and program it. To program it you have to depress both buttons then press down on the pedal all the way. That's it. Removing it would take even less time. If your a big guy, this is going to be a PITA to install but it's doable.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
Good luck with that. If GM can detect the factory tune was changed and it wasn't done by a dealer they will deny any warranty claim for major mechanical failure.

I've read many stories about guys with C6 Z06 cars that dropped valves and had warranty claims denied because the car was tuned. If your dealer is mod friendly then your lucky as most are not.
Both my Chevrolet and Ford dealers are mod friendly. I blew the rear on my Mustang, and flatbedded the thing to the dealer with a full aftermarket suspension. The techs just asked how I liked the parts and installed a full new rear diff lol.

But if you get a hard time, there is the Mag-Moss warranty act. They can't deny all coverage simply due to a tune. Most just don't bother to fight, but my friend did and his lawyer got him the coverage. Thankfully I have good dealers...