Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
JMcDon1007

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Angry RPI Designs

Does anyone know if RPI Designs has an account here and how I may contact them?

I placed an order for two items on 4/15 and only received one. There has been no word from them on why the second item hasn't shipped. I have emailed them through their website (no response in over a week), I've tried calling them (always get sent to voicemail), and I've tried messaging them through their FB page (no response in over a week).

First time ordering from this company and they certainly haven't fulfilled my expectations of good customer service. Any suggestions on how to contact them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
JMcDon1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hmm, not sure why they aren't responding on Email or Call.

This is the member always posting about their products so you could try sending him a PM

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/member.php?u=78155
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
JMcDon1007

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Thanks Timmy. I'll try sending him a PM.
JMcDon1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Old thread but....Ever have any luck with them? they have been dropping the ball a bit with me the past few days too.

I ordered my CAI intake from them back in april and they were great and very communicative. I PM'ed RPIDon AND sent a email to their order status address and got replies back in the same day from both people there. The intake arrived a few days later as promised.

Fast forward to last week I ordered a Stainless works exhaust from them. Seeming they were on point the last time. Plus the 5% code, gives them a small edge over a few other places. I let a few days go by, then emailed the order status address if they have a ETA for the system. I heard nothing since. I PM'ed RPIDon last friday.....so far nothing. But whats more worrying is that according to his member page, he hasn't been on the forum since 6/24.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
He's been around lurking RPIDesigns has major catch up issues during the summer months they simply suck at hiring enough decent people and they're used as a drop-ship location for exhaust they do not have the parts in stock for the exhaust. It'll get there eventually but whining will get you everywhere with them I can speak from experience.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #6
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Worrying, I ordered floor mats on July 4th, left 2 messages to correct the billing address, never heard back.

The order status is still 'processing'....
Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #7
JonGSA

I heard back yesterday morning. I had to email the order status address twice, once last week and a second forwarded one yesterday. They got back to me about midday yesterday. They said the exhaust usually takes the 2 week build time ( i heard faster) from the order day, then shipping.

So they reply, but like Evil Bee said. Apparently during the summer months they are a little behind and stretched far too thin.

The order status isn't that accurate either. I ordered my CAI intake from them months ago and it didnt say shipped with the tracking number, until the day it was out to be delivered.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGSA View Post
I heard back yesterday morning. I had to email the order status address twice, once last week and a second forwarded one yesterday. They got back to me about midday yesterday. They said the exhaust usually takes the 2 week build time ( i heard faster) from the order day, then shipping.

So they reply, but like Evil Bee said. Apparently during the summer months they are a little behind and stretched far too thin.

The order status isn't that accurate either. I ordered my CAI intake from them months ago and it didnt say shipped with the tracking number, until the day it was out to be delivered.
Like I said they get the Exhaust Drop Shipped to them from Stainless Works or other said vendor which can take 2 to 3 days then whenever they decide to ship it to you from there adds onto that time. The exhaust doesn't take that long to build they're telling you that because of the shipping times between the manufacturer/the seller "them" and then to you it's common practice and unfortunately it's easier to buy directly from the manufacturer 9x out of 10 but if your not in a rush and they gave you a better deal then you'd find elsewhere it's a gimme on your part honestly.

As for painted items they had some serious QC issues years ago and they have said they've rectified that process which is probably and hopefully what is keeping things moving this slow on their busy season you gotta understand they're selling and custom painting parts for a lot of different cars and have easily over-extended themselves with their oversize catalog but I also get the buyers end if thy know then they should hire more help RPIDon was suppose to fix this communication problem they have but he could be on vacation it was 4th of July not to long ago.

but the floor mat issue that's twofold I think 1 is they don't investigate anything until you complain enough and call like a stalker ex-girlfriend who is still pining for you. 2nd they use FedEx "Ground" and USPS and neither one of the sort facilities they ship through have there shit together period. My stealth Guards I got from them last Friday say expected delivery the 14th but they're still at the origin USPS sort facility and will probably show up in a FedEx Ground truck which is troubling to say the least.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #9
JonGSA

Yeah...all good points. I saved a bit cash...i think about $75 with the 5% code so, by far they were the cheapest. I could of ordered direct or through Phastek or someplace for a few bucks more but i probably would of had it sooner, like you said. My weekends are booked the next few weeks anyways, so it can take the slow boat to china. My only fear is that between the shipping between SW and RPI, then RPI to here....it doesnt end up like Sledge's system with some dings and crushed flanges.

Don got back to me as well, he said he was around, but hasn't been checking his PM's lately and gave me his direct email for future communications. He said its looking like a ship date of 7/22, which again....kinda okay by me. You do get spoiled with Amazon prime where stuff comes 2 days later at the latest.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250