Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #99
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
No, that’s when I was cruising, however I was doing 0-60’s from 1st, but never hit the 4’s this whole thread was made from my ignorance regarding the gears and power band stuff, basically issues with power from cruising/roll ons, I also stated the crappy 0-60’s I was getting because I thought it tied in with the acceleration power similar to roll ons. Yes this is a legit thread and I’ve always played with manual mode. The reason why I didn’t like automatic mode was because of the power response, obviously not being similar to manual response.
For me as a driver, I want the car to respond as I hit the pedal, similar to ZL1’s or cars with superchargers. I don’t like the car taking time to respond and pull as I hit the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about posting a picture of you and your car?
Old 09-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #100
2SS6th

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
How about posting a picture of you and your car?

Lol, what for?

2SS6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #101
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
No, that’s when I was cruising, however I was doing 0-60’s from 1st, but never hit the 4’s this whole thread was made from my ignorance regarding the gears and power band stuff, basically issues with power from cruising/roll ons, I also stated the crappy 0-60’s I was getting because I thought it tied in with the acceleration power similar to roll ons. Yes this is a legit thread and I’ve always played with manual mode. The reason why I didn’t like automatic mode was because of the power response, obviously not being similar to manual response.
For me as a driver, I want the car to respond as I hit the pedal, similar to ZL1’s or cars with superchargers. I don’t like the car taking time to respond and pull as I hit the pedal.
I like/want instant power, or near instant.
Idk how well these A8’s transmissions are compared to the 19’s A10 SS as well as the ZL1’s A10’s, and what’s PDK?

OK, but what you just described would be what would happen if you left the car in "automatic" mode. Just let the car downshift for you when you floor it. The car is much better at doing this than any person in manual mode. The only real useful function for manual mode over automatic is to hold a gear. Most everything else the car will do better on its own. If you want manual mode, then you need a manual transmission. :-)

The only perceivable difference between flooring an SS and a ZL1 is the amount of power. Your 0-60 times in the 6 second range are most likely because you are getting a bad launch (tires spinning).
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #102
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
To the op , it says you’re in Tampa and there is a Tampa bay camaro club that meets on Wednesdays in palm harbor, check it out , there are people there with 6th gens that can show you things about the car and answer your questions. I go occasionally cause I’m a bit far.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #103
2SS6th

My honest thoughts on this pathetic car (sorry to other SS owners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
To the op , it says you’re in Tampa and there is a Tampa bay camaro club that meets on Wednesdays in palm harbor, check it out , there are people there with 6th gens that can show you things about the car and answer your questions. I go occasionally cause I’m a bit far.

I’ll have to stop by sometime for sure! I need to learn this car more and more to get the most out of it, after that guy at the dealer was taking it out and demonstrating the pulls , it pulled way better than my 335i ever did, after learning from him and this thread, I’m still trying to learn the car more and more, one thing he did, he also showed me a mode I’ve never seen before. He double pressed the traction button and it said Stabilitrak active. Also, when he was in auto, he would stab the throttle for a quick 1-2 seconds then a prompt came up saying “Performance shift active”
I can’t seem to get the prompt to pop up and when I stab the throttle for a moment like he did.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #104
RLem619

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
I’ll have to stop by sometime for sure! I need to learn this car more and more to get the most out of it, after that guy at the dealer was taking it out and demonstrating the pulls , it pulled way better than my 335i ever did, after learning from him and this thread, I’m still trying to learn the car more and more, one thing he did, he also showed me a mode I’ve never seen before. He double pressed the traction button and it said Stabilitrak active. Also, when he was in auto, he would stab the throttle for a quick 1-2 seconds then a prompt came up saying “Performance shift active”
I can’t seem to get the prompt to pop up and when I stab the throttle for a moment like he did.

Make sure you're in Sport or Track Mode, then blip the throttle and it should kick in.

The SEARCH tab above will pull up tons of info. Read up

RLem619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #105
WhitesnakeSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I dont know how to respond to things even after he said be was confused.
How does one not put a car in automatic and floor it (at some point) anyway.
The only time I ever do anything other than put it in sport or track mode and go is just goofing off.
No matter if I'm Roll racing, from a dig, driving on the freeway, in town or in a parking lot I put the darn thing in drive.and go. How would ya not have a automatic car and not take it out of park into drive and go?
I am so confused!
WhitesnakeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #106
2SS6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitesnakeSS View Post
I dont know how to respond to things even after he said be was confused.
How does one not put a car in automatic and floor it (at some point) anyway.
The only time I ever do anything other than put it in sport or track mode and go is just goofing off.
No matter if I'm Roll racing, from a dig, driving on the freeway, in town or in a parking lot I put the darn thing in drive.and go. How would ya not have a automatic car and not take it out of park into drive and go?
I am so confused!

Because as I stated, I never enjoyed automatic because of lack of immediate response.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #107
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Because as I stated, I never enjoyed automatic because of lack of immediate response.

Your preference of modes is irrelevant, we are questioning the lack of attempting to solving the mystery low power and why you needed a real driver to take over, all instead of simply putting it in drive.

Basically it seems impossible that putting it in automatic mode was not step 1 in the problem solving process.

Steps you took
-multiple attempts at driving it in manual
-create a long thread on a camaro forum describing your problem
-get a “good driver” to drive it

Steps any other person would take
-put it in drive
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #108
2SS6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Your preference of modes is irrelevant, we are questioning the lack of attempting to solving the mystery low power and why you needed a real driver to take over, all instead of simply putting it in drive.

Basically it seems impossible that putting it in automatic mode was not step 1 in the problem solving process.

Steps you took

-multiple attempts at driving it in manual

-create a long thread on a camaro forum describing your problem

-get a “good driver” to drive it

Steps any other person would take

-put it in drive

Hopefully everyone will scold me after this thread. I’m already extremely embarrassed over this, but I did own up to it

Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #109
GooseSS

GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #110
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I like/want instant power, or near instant.
Idk how well these A8’s transmissions are compared to the 19’s A10 SS as well as the ZL1’s A10’s, and what’s PDK?

Lol.. expert level troll
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:50 AM   #111
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Lol, what for?

At least half the people reading this thread think you're making it all up just to troll the forum.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #112
GooseSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
At least half the people reading this thread think you're making it all up just to troll the forum.
This ^
GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote