Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Phastek Performance

Old 07-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Thumbs up AutoX DC/MD/VA

Not sure if anyone has any interest on here, but WDCR is having a level 1 AutoX school this coming weekend, July 23rd. Just putting this out there, cause a lot of people always ask, where do I run, and how they can get into it. I'll be there sat.

Quote:
WDCR SCCA Solo (Autocross) Schools!

LEVEL 1 SCHOOL - July 23rd
Anyone new to the program is welcome at the Level 1 where you'll get instruction and runs on a full course to help you with your first autocross experiences. Even if you have been to some events, the Level 1 is great instruction to help you improve.

LEVEL 2 SCHOOL - July 9th
The Level 2 is for those drivers with prior experience (or Level 1 school completion) that are looking to gain the skills to get faster. With a set of drills and a full course to drive many runs, you'll walk away with lots of competitive experience.
Granted you don't have to do the school to do AutoX, its a good refresher to get back into it, or learn the limits of your car. There are a a few events coming up if you just wanna show up and enter a comp.

its SCCA sanctioned, so if you've never tried, but wanted, its a great group of peeps that are there to help you get into it.

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/events/autocross

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse

Was a great time. Hopefully if anyone has an interest, stop out sometime!
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 01-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse

For nate rested, new Season is just a few months from starting.

http://www.wdcr-scca.org

The season pass is now available too!

Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
My 1LE is just begging for some track days/Auto X so you will probably see me at one of the events this year!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
PolynesianPowerhouse

List of all the 2017 Events for this season in WDCR Solo:

Upcoming Events

APR 1* Kart/Novice School
Apr 1 - Apr 2 · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

APR 23 Season Opening Practice
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

APR 30 Championship Event #1
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

MAY 6 Test and Tune
Sat 7 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

MAY 13 Championship Event #2
Sat 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUN 4 Championship Event #3
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUN 25 Championship Event #4
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUL 8 Level 1&2 School / T&T
Sat 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

JUL 16 Championship Event #5
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

AUG 20 Championship Event #6
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

SEP 24 Championship Event #7
Sun 8 AM · by WDCR SOLO
FedExField
Landover

Old 03-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'm going to try to make it out to the Novice school on April 1st! Don't know how well the car will do though since I'm still on my all season tires right now, won't have the good tires back on until late April. Still want to get some practice in!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
PolynesianPowerhouse

always a fun time, gonna try and be there as well.

another for those looking for seat time....

These are the dates for Autocrossers Inc Dial-In Days.

AI, which has been putting on autocrosses for over forty years, will host four Dial-In Days over the course of the 2017 season. Instead of holding typical autocrosses where competitors get a limited number of timed runs in pursuit of awards at the end of the day, Dial-In Days offer a smaller number of participants the opportunity to spend a day working on both their cars and their driving skills in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Restricting the number of drivers to just twenty-five means those drivers will have plenty of track time to experiment with setup changes over the course of the day. While those drivers will be expected to work some portions of the day, the balance is theirs to get in as many runs as they wish during the hours that the course is available. All runs will be timed so those drivers will be able to track their progress as they fine-tune their cars over the course of the day.

A typical AI Dial-In Day will have the following format: the day will be broken into half-hour segments starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Before the course goes hot in the morning, drivers will choose three half-hour segments to work course to ensure displaced cones are reset and the track remains safe to run. Any time those drivers are not working, they are free to make as many runs as they like.

While the AI Dial-In Days are intended for experienced drivers to work on their cars and their driving, AI committee members – some of the most experienced drivers in the region – will be around and available to help with car evaluation, setup changes, and limited driver coaching.

The dates for AI’s Dial-In Days are as follows:

Sunday, April 9 (likely the earliest opportunity to get on course in the new year)

Saturday, May 20

Sunday, August 6 (just in time to fine-tune before the Solo National Championships)

Saturday, October 14

The Dial-In Days will be held at Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, Maryland.

For more info http://www.autocrossersinc.com/site/

Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
hello gents, it's finally official for us this evening taking delivery. We would like to join and do some local auto crossing when time allows thanks for making this thread. I noticed a club that comes out to the Regency Stadium a few times a year also. Been messing around with 1/4 mile track, since we are close to MIR. Ran my R/T Ram trucks and a '13 GT mustang tuned by JPC. Definitely looking to holding a decent slip/pass for our new baby but mainly would like to getting into some tracking. Regardless will keep an eye on this thread, thanks.
Sonny
aai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aai View Post
hello gents, it's finally official for us this evening taking delivery. We would like to join and do some local auto crossing when time allows thanks for making this thread. I noticed a club that comes out to the Regency Stadium a few times a year also. Been messing around with 1/4 mile track, since we are close to MIR. Ran my R/T Ram trucks and a '13 GT mustang tuned by JPC. Definitely looking to holding a decent slip/pass for our new baby but mainly would like to getting into some tracking. Regardless will keep an eye on this thread, thanks.
Sonny
def notta prob, uce!

as for MIR, they have the Street Racing Made Safe drag racing coming up on April 29th. basically roll racing at the track down there.

1/4 mile, a few of us were planning for capitol this week, but its postponed till next week.

hope to see ya out there!

Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 AM   #10
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
I am looking at the links you posted up! Trying to join the WDCR and get signed up for a level 1 class.
aai is offline   Reply With Quote