Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #267
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Considering how they handled the key issue on the 5th gen. This will be resolved, unfortunately, when they seriously injure someone or worse.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #268
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Considering how they handled the key issue on the 5th gen. This will be resolved, unfortunately, when they seriously injure someone or worse.
Background?
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #269
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
Wonder if this had of happened on a corvette what the outcome would've been.
It took almost a year before GM fessed up about the lack of cooling capacity and airflow for the Z06's drivetrain. Their resolution: suspend production, design a new hood, hood vent, supercharger shroud and apply the fix to new 2017 models. I haven't seen an update to whether GM gives a squat about existing owners.

If this is an example, then the ZL1 might get a redesigned blower motor and vent actuators to avoid this situation -- but they would rather lose early adopters on the next purchase cycle than actually fix problems for them? Very puzzling.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #270
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
I got the same bs response. Someone should take this to their local news station and get them to run a story on it.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #271
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I have the same issue as you guys but to a much lesser degree when it does happen. I was talking to my sales rep. at the dealership and he told me the truck he drives did it just once when he was going somewhere for a split second then gone. It seems to me that it could quite possibly be a new glass material or they are slacking on some for us to be having these problems. I think many in here agree that they never owned any vehicle that had condensation on the outside before.

I had an idea today that quite possibly GM or if you wanted to make a defroster kit for the front could possibly work and not be as bad as making your own block for the vents. The back glass has the grids going through it and are conductive and I thought possibly this would work on the front in the 2 places the vents blow out to regulate the temp from the outside and inside to be closer to avoid the condensation. I was actually checking earlier if they made any transparent heat material so you couldn't notice it as much and also that i believe the grid strips wouldn't have to be all the way up just a short distance. It's just an idea and I haven't done it yet but some of you guys have some serious issues with your fogging so I thought i would offer up a suggestion.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #272
cigarfan

Drives: 16' Camaro 2/SS BlackMosaic A/8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
This morning it was 72F outside. I had all windows closed, the A/C set on 74, and the windshield STILL started fogging up. I had to turn the A/C up to a higher temperature to get it to disappear.

This "feature" of the vent being designed to provide a consistent air bleed to the windshield is certainly not advertised by GM or any of it's dealers. If it had been, I would not have bought this car! To me, this is clearly deceitful advertising due to omission of critical information that could result in an
accident.
This AM (6am) it was 81 outside. No A/C. Windows up. Defrost @ 78, 1X, slightest of ext. fogging. Not even the size of my fist in 2 areas, center of shield. The Sun has not risen either to help warm.
Decrease to 76, 10 mins later, increase to 2x's. Arrive @ work. No fog at all.
Total drive time...25 mins.
Leave work @ 3pm, A/C set @ 72, no recycle...ever, face vents, no feet. Cool as can be. Outside temp...92. No fog.
cigarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:57 AM   #273
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Background?
Apparently somehow a person could hit the key with their knee while driving. I could not come close myself. Anyways thus would cause the car to shut off, and apparently cause the airbag not to work in an accident.

Their answer to fix this was to take the "switch blade" and separate it into key + fob instead of all in one.

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-how-hard...n-i-1590538077
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #274
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Anybody have any clever ideas on how to fix this while we wait for GM to take responsibility? I saw someone say mouse pad, was thinking of going with that.
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:32 AM   #275
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Something like this may breakup the air enough to minimize the fogging. Different colors. May take two layers.

https://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Prem...p+Drawer+Liner
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #276
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Something like this may breakup the air enough to minimize the fogging. Different colors. May take two layers.

...and that wouldn't even look bad. Someone should pop off the top panel of the dash and make a nice template to post on here for anyone who wants to make a cover of sorts.

I hope my car doesn't do this, and it won't be driven in rain much being that is isn't going to be my daily driver, but in FL I need to run the a/c a lot. Thankfully I am tall and it shouldn't be in my sight line. I need to ask my buddy in SC who has a '16 SS that he daily drives if he has this issue, as he has not mentioned it to me...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #277
RussellCamaro16

Drives: 1LT RS
Yeah no fix. My Chevy store told me that is how it is designed and that is supposed to keep air blowing out of there. Their "fix" is turning on the heater or driving with windows down. Which is fine except when it is hot and humid outside which is why I use the A/C.
RussellCamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #278
Camarotti

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I had a terrible time with mine yesterday. I was forced to turn on the heat in 80 degree weather. I wish we didn't have to deal with this problem.
Camarotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #279
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Excessively fogging windshields

I got the same copy & paste private message from the jabronie at the GM so called quality department. Bunch of nonsense. Was gonna drive my car this evening after driving my truck all week with it raining but it's so humid out I know I'll just be frustrated from the fogging windshield plus will be sweaty as hell after turning the AC off and rolling the windows down. Never thought my $50,000.00 car would just end up a garage ornament.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #280
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post

Hmm wonder if that'd work well enough, I was thinking full on blocking of the vents but that may be better. Think that stuff can handle heat?
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote