Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-04-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
Adampau123

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS 1LE
SMG Flex fuel kit issues

Has anyone had issues with this kit? Have had ethanol content readings rising during pulls.. for example starts at 77% and end of pull is up to 80% sometimes 85% causing the car to go rich. Also started missfiring recently but only intermittent, not always. When it miss fires it shows cylinder #6, too much of a coincidence that this is where the harness for the kit taps into.. Going to be doing some testing tonight to see if it is a faulty harness, possibly try to tap into #8 instead and see if the miss fire moves.
Adampau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
the sensor is GM. I would check all connections and maybe swap out the sensor and see what happens.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
Adampau123

I would assume if it were the sensor itself it would just not read though.. readings are always good out of wot where it sometimes shoots up
Old 02-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
if the sensor and the harness works it works. I don't know how the wires would cause an issue like that unless one of the connections is not on all the way. the power comes from the injector harness. Could there be bad connection and when the voltage raises on the injector plug it causes the reading to change.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #5
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Order the power harness from gen5diy. Eliminates plugging into the coil pack. Had a misfire issue with my dsx kit and it fixed my problems.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...-power-harness
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #6
jimadvig

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
Order the power harness from gen5diy. Eliminates plugging into the coil pack. Had a misfire issue with my dsx kit and it fixed my problems.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...-power-harness
This is the kit I have and I have never had a problem with it at all in over a year or more since I installed it. It plugs into the evap solonoid instead of a coil.
Camaro 1SS M6 - LT2 IM, 1-7/8" Speed Engineering Headers & catless 3" x-pipe to Borla ATAK NPP axle back, Mishimoto Catch Can, BTR Rocker Arm Trunnion kit, E85, 95MM TB, JLT CAI, 180* T-Stat, & SJM line lock - Tuned by Ted Jannetty
jimadvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
Adampau123

Thanks guys... will figure it out tonight and get back with the results
Old 02-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #8
Clos.95

Drives: Black 1SS
I just made a thread on this like 5 days ago lol
My car has the same issue, my “kit” isn’t branded it’s just a gm sensor and the rest of the parts were put together by my old tuner.
Ill also see 5% differences from cruising to full throttle.
I can confirm that the smg kit should only move around about 1% if that. I plugged my friends car to Hp tuners to check out how his sensor reads, we pump at the same station and have been for months. Our local station has E81 fuel, and his smg kit reads E81 and his kit is constant doesn’t fluctuate. Mine will read anywhere from E75-E82.
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #9
Adampau123

So did some testing yesterday. Unplugged the harness completely and deactivated the sensor in the tune and car still had the issue in #6. Swapped plug wires and still stayed the same. Changed to fresh plugs, even went NGK rather than the stock plugs I’ve been running and partial throttle issue went away, however still broke up WOT with the colder plug and smaller gap. Ended up throwing in some fuel system cleaner and topping off with a little over a half tank of 93 and issues are completely gone.... tank is at E40 right now and did about 10 pulls without issue. My sensor reads low but was reading the E I had around 80 percent and the pump consistently reads at about 90 percent. I was told maybe with these colder temps in Florida (40-50) the car was having an issue completely burning ethanol as high of content as 90%